Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

308 Messages

11 years ago

Pre ordered two phones online the first day. No info on the site about the charger. Got the phones about a week apart, wifes is white mine is yellow so I was last.

Received an email on the 13th that said the charger should have been shown on the web site when I placed the order and would be shipped seperately.

Hadn't received anything yet so I called CSR this morning. The CSR got the e commerce group in on the conversation. Found out that one is on the way. I asked about the other one and e commerce said the offer was one charging plate per order. I told her the offer was 'Order a phone and get a free charger', never any mention of one per order. She left the conversation.

The CSR searched all info she had and agreed with me. She got with her supervisor and initiated an order for another charger, no charge.

I just got a text with an order number the second charger. Was on the line for about 45 minutes, being patient and let her do her job and she did.

I want to thank the OP for putting the image up that detailed the free offer, that helped.  Thanks joeonsunset !!

To the poster above, a two year contract is required.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Possibly some good news!

I had purchased the Lumia 920 at an AT&T retail store, and they told me the carger was out of stock and to return with the reciept. They never got it in stock, and I was worried I'd run out of time to claim it.

After messaging one of the reps on this forum, they replied and said that I'd get a call from AT&T within 24-48 hours. I didn't hear from anyone for a few days, so I replied again for a status update. Then I recieved a call from an AT&T rep. He had contacted the two local ATT corp stores near me, and they were out of stock, so he placed an order for the charging plate, and I recieved a confirmation email directly from AT&T. He was very friendly and he apologized for the mix-up.

That was last week, and even though he said he had the order expedited from their warehouse, I still haven't recieved it. It appeared on AT&T's shipment tracking page on 11/27. As of today (11/29), it still shows as "processing", so I will update this post if it actually gets shipped.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

@JohnnyWalkerBlue wrote:

Pre ordered two phones online the first day. No info on the site about the charger. Got the phones about a week apart, wifes is white mine is yellow so I was last.

Received an email on the 13th that said the charger should have been shown on the web site when I placed the order and would be shipped seperately.

Hadn't received anything yet so I called CSR this morning. The CSR got the e commerce group in on the conversation. Found out that one is on the way. I asked about the other one and e commerce said the offer was one charging plate per order. I told her the offer was 'Order a phone and get a free charger', never any mention of one per order. She left the conversation.

The CSR searched all info she had and agreed with me. She got with her supervisor and initiated an order for another charger, no charge.

I just got a text with an order number the second charger. Was on the line for about 45 minutes, being patient and let her do her job and she did.

I want to thank the OP for putting the image up that detailed the free offer, that helped.  Thanks joeonsunset !!

To the poster above, a two year contract is required.

You're lucky that you were able to at least get the ecom group onto the conversation.  I called and only thing that I was told is that I would receive one when they get them in stock.  But there's absolutely no paper trail or anything.  Nothing else the CSR said they can do other than for me to just wait and keep calling once a week or so to check.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I pre-ordered my Lumia 920 before launch, and my charging plate is due to be delivered tomorrow (11/29/2012).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Completely frustrated.

I recieived my red Nokia 920 on Nov 16. I was informed when ordering that the free charging plate was backordered. Fine. It happens. But I have called twice and twice worked thru the chat operators. Huh? What charger? Nobody has any idea where my free charger is and I'm pretty sure if I dont keep asking it will never arrive. This order has obviously fallen into the cracks.

None of my invoice paperwork mentions a backorder. I am getting increasingly frustrated and angry with the runaround. And having to repeat my name and number five times - every time I call. Verizon may be in my future. I have four smart phones on my plan and I should get better service.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I ordered my Lumia 920 on 11/16 over the phone from ATT, and the rep charged me $199 and never mentioned a free wireless charger.

Then I started seeing all of these "Buy a 920, get a free wireless charger".

I guess I got left out and overcharged again. Thanks AT&T.

I do love the phone though.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well, this get better and better. I got my free wireless charging plates, but AT&T charged my credit card for both of them. I've spent days trying to get a refund and finally got through to someone who says that I'll be credtired in 1 - 2 billing cycles. Credited for 49.99 for each plate. Apparently I have to wait two months to get a credit and pay for taxes and shipping on free plates. I'm not even sure if I'll get the credit becaue the guy on the phone didn't give me any sort of confirmation or anything. For all I know he just said that and I won't be credited for anything and it'll be too far out to return the charging plates.

This has been an incredibly, incredibly frustrating ordeal...

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I recieved 1 of 2 charging plates (black) after 3 weeks on order.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.