Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for your quick response.

The mess continues it seems that although I pre-ordered mine on the 7th and have since received my phone I still do not have the charging plate yet while there seems to be plenty of other people who has ordered after me and has gotten theirs already.

Talked to Customer Service rep and all they can say is that they are back ordered and have absolutely no visibility at all to when they might gets in and get shipped out at all.

The amazing failing machine that is ATT continues to amaze me.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

They are back ordered. AT&T doesn't make them, Nokia does. Seems like a Nokia fail to me.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure how you arrived at the complete lack of information or knowlegde into their own supply chain on ATT part to be purely a problem with Nokia. For sure, Nokia probably under estimated the number of pre-ordered along with ATT but from the start, the whole lack of knowledge and not knowing or the pre-order process that I have experienced along with many others has been a complete disasterous imo.

Especially given that I had pre-ordered my phone on the 7th but have yet to receive my wireless charging plate while many others who ordered theirs after the 7th has already received theirs is just beyond understanding at all. And when asked, they have absolutely no idea what kind of estimate or time table as to when they would even receive any more wireless plate is just not acceptable to me.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

They don't know. They told you they don't know. It is what it is. I'm sure unless Nokia goes out of business, they'll get more charging plates eventually.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same thing here.

I just got off the line with support and he did not know anything about this either. He tried transferring me to "someone who could over ride the charges" including tax and send one out for free... Problem was I was transferred to an unmonitored voice mail that asked me to call back tomorrow between 8 and 8.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I tend to agree that att is just as much at fault. The answer I got from customer service didn't even make sense. The rep told me "I see a note here saying you're eligible for the free charging plate but I do not see it on the order". Whenever I asked for any insight as to what that meant (will it be added to the order, will an additional order be created, will I be notified, etc) all she did was repeat that first line like a robot. Total lack of knowledge of the situation. Att really dropped the ball on this one and customer services ridiculous handling of this has me tempted to return my phone if I don't receive a charging plate.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

@offbeatbop wrote:
I tend to agree that att is just as much at fault. The answer I got from customer service didn't even make sense. The rep told me "I see a note here saying you're eligible for the free charging plate but I do not see it on the order". Whenever I asked for any insight as to what that meant (will it be added to the order, will an additional order be created, will I be notified, etc) all she did was repeat that first line like a robot. Total lack of knowledge of the situation. Att really dropped the ball on this one and customer services ridiculous handling of this has me tempted to return my phone if I don't receive a charging plate.

That's exactly how I felt.  I just dont understands in today's time where supply chain management is the key to any retailer's success or failure that as big as ATT is, they would lack the insight into what their very only EXCLUSIVE phone supply line looks like at all.  And rep that not only doesn't know any information but also lack the knowledge of WHO I can talk to to try to even escalate the issue is beyond crazy to me.  It's also very distrubing to me when I asked how would I know if it's even ship out to me or not and the answer is 'when you received it'.  I just dont understands how ATT can continue to operate like this at all.  I could understands if they can at least tell me any estimates, things like "we're 2k units back ordered and yours is after that 2k units' and they're getting about 200 in a day.  Just amazing that they cannot even give me information such as this at all.  Maybe ATT really need to beef up their supply chain management and give their rep some visibility into some of these info so that they can related them back to the customers.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey all, 

I'm sorry that some of you haven't received your charging plates yet. I know there have been several points of frustration here. 

Due to the overwhelming demand for this promotion we currently have the Nokia Charging Plate accessory on backorder.  We will fulfill your order once we have re-stocked this accessory. In the meantime, please feel free to check the status of this order online using the Premier online portal.  

I'm not a supply chain expert so I can't speak to why some folks have received them and others haven't. I can make sure that the right folks see this thread and your frustration. Thank you for all the feedback, it is important. 

I sincerely appreciate your patience while we work with Nokia to fulfill all the orders. 

~jam

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

Hey all, 

I'm sorry that some of you haven't received your charging plates yet. I know there have been several points of frustration here. 

Due to the overwhelming demand for this promotion we currently have the Nokia Charging Plate accessory on backorder.  We will fulfill your order once we have re-stocked this accessory. In the meantime, please feel free to check the status of this order online using the Premier online portal.  

I'm not a supply chain expert so I can't speak to why some folks have received them and others haven't. I can make sure that the right folks see this thread and your frustration. Thank you for all the feedback, it is important. 

I sincerely appreciate your patience while we work with Nokia to fulfill all the orders. 

~jam

Thanks.

However, my problem is that when I made my pre-order on the 7th, there's no wireless charger to be added to my cart at all.  I did not get that option but after talking to numerous rep both online and offline on the phone I was assured that I will get a charger plate.  And I also did receive an email that stated it will be ship out separately.  So there's no way I can even check the status of my 'order' since my 'order' does not have the plate in it at all.  And hence why the extreme frustration as to how we would know what the status of the plate at all.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have been charged for this wireless charger. I called the support number so many times but only bounced from one representative to another. Finally when i get to talk to the right person, I am told I am not elligible for it and the money cannot be refunded.I was told that since it is an off contract phone I amnot elligible. I was clearly not informed when I was buying it online. Very disppointed by the support I got.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.