Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

Well I talked to a CS agent about it today and it certainly felt unhelpful.  They said "You are certainly eligible for the charger.." but then proceeded to tell me to check the AT&T web site for an announcement?  Really, this is not a way to endear those who preordered to your company.  I am rather put off by the whole thing.  

Rather, they should simply say, we have backordered your wireless chargers for you.  They will be shipped as soon as possible.  

What ever happened with attempting to keep your end of the bargain and not make me regret that I ever did business with you?  Come on AT&T!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

So what do we do if we purchased at an AT&T store and they were out of stock? They are still out of stock now, and I never got any email about a free charger.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I also had preordered two Lumia 920s (black & cyan) and was under the impression that they would just be shipped out with the order. A couple of days later they included the popup on the site to add the charger, but it wasn't there when I ordered our two phones. When they didn't arrive with the phones, I called Premiere Order Support on Nov. 12 and was told that two would be shipped out via two-day shipping. That was the last I heard; no email confirmation, nothing. So I call again today (Nov. 16) and was told the promotion was "while supplies last" which isn't true as the Premiere website still states that the offer "runs through January 10, 2013". I assumed the rep from the 12th would put a note on my account about the charging plates, but apparently didn't. This has been incredibly frustrating, especially as I had just ported over our numbers from Verizon to get the Lumia 920s...

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I'm in same boat its been a week and local ATT store just says its on order since last Friday.

Not to happy about how this charger promotion has been mis handled by ATT

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I preordered two lumia 920 and I was able to to able to add the wireless charger to my order . I recieved  one phone on Nov 10th, and then the other phone on the 15th. However there is still no word/update on wireless charging plate.  Support has not been very helpful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I purchased my phone on November 9 in a Brick & Mortar store, and they told me I should visit http://nokiafreecharger.com/ to get my charger.  However now that this site is up, it appears to only be for UK residents.  Who do I speak with to get a charger sent to me?

Thanks.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

11 years ago

@SoylentRed wrote:

So what do we do if we purchased at an AT&T store and they were out of stock? They are still out of stock now, and I never got any email about a free charger.

I was told we are out of luck if the plates were no plates left in the store.  I went in hearing the rumor of the $49 Lumia 920 and free charger.  I left paying $99 and didn't get a charger plate either.  Such is doing business with AT&T :).

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Pre-ordered my Lumia 920 on the 7th.  Got the mess of the not seeing the charging plate to add to the cart but was assured that I will get one from another post on this forum before.

So I'm just curious who and how many people has actually received their wireless charging plate that was pre-ordered before the 11/8-11/9 time frame?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

ordered on 11/07 - charge plate was included on order, arrived day after phone.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

The mess continues it seems that these wireless charging plates are back ordered and although I pre-ordered mine on the 7th and have since received my phone I still do not have the charging plate yet while there seems to be plenty of other people who has ordered after me and has gotten theirs already.

Talked to Customer Service rep and all they can say is that they are back ordered and have absolutely no visibility at all to when they might gets in and get shipped out at all.

The amazing failing machine that is ATT continues to amaze me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.