Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

After much frustration online and on the phone (the phone rep wanted to charge me $199 for the 920), I just picked up my butt and walked into the store and surprise... They are sold out...all colors. Tried another store. Same story. But the Store manager did this for me. I love it.

Nokia920Order.PNG

Nokia920Chargerplate.PNG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Nice. Maybe I should just walk into a store and see if they'll do the same.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

@teylos wrote:

Is this offer still available with the Lumia 920 or not? When I go to upgrade the devices on my account, it says it is, and prompts me to choose a wireless charging plate. However, all the charging plates listed are "out of stock" and cannot be selected.

Should I wait until these are back in stock, or is the offer over?

I plan to purchase a 920 next week.. If AT&T isnt offering wireless chargers anymore, i will upgrade through walmart which is 49.99 without charger

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

My wireless charger arrived yesterday (phone came in on 9th, preordered on 7th)

Looks like these are finally going out. It's a cute little thing.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

My wireless charger arrived yesterday (phone came in on 9th, preordered on 7th)

Looks like these are finally going out. It's a cute little thing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Well the good news is that as of right now, you can once again add the free charging plate to your order on the web site. So, I just upgraded two of our lines to Lumia 920's. Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I ordered mine over the phone through customer service and they said I couldn't get the wireless charger for free 😞  I tried to do the upgrade online and it kept adding the phone at full price and no one could figure it out. A customer service manager had to process the order for me but he said he couldnt add the wireless charger for me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I ordered my 920 on the 10th online, and the charging plate was showing as out of stock on the website, so I couldn't add it to my cart. The fine print on the offer said it was good until January, I think, but that it had to be added to your shopping cart at the time of the order. I called customer service before I placed the order and the rep added a note to my account. He seemed to think this would trigger a shipment when they were in stock. We'll see about that. If nothing else, as long as it was noted that I tried to order it I should have a leg to stand on when it comes time to argue for my charging plate. 

This has been a frustrating phone buying experience, but I've never been an early adopter of anything so maybe I'm just spoiled.

Professor

• 

451 Messages

11 years ago

I purchased my Lumia 920 on Friday the 9th from a B&M att wireless store. They did not have the Qi chargers in stock and the reps knew nothing about the deal. I pulled up the att notice on my 900 and the manager called att and received authorization to direct ship the items to us. My Qi wireless charger arrived today UPS priority mail.

Not bad att. I think that they just did not have the accessories ready and they wanted to roll out the 920's.

Professor

• 

451 Messages

11 years ago

I purchased my Lumia 920 on Friday the 9th from a B&M att wireless store. They did not have the Qi chargers in stock and the reps knew nothing about the deal. I pulled up the att notice on my 900 and the manager called att and received authorization to direct ship the items to us. My Qi wireless charger arrived today UPS priority mail.

Not bad att. I think that they just did not have the accessories ready and they wanted to roll out the 920's.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.