Troubleshoot your device issues
joeonsunset's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 1:03 AM

Lumia Wireless Charging Plate - AT&T Wont Honor Offer

Today I placed my online preorder for the Nokia Lumia 920 w/ free black wireless charging plate. I placed the order signed into my account, the offer was present on the screen in the cart and I followed the instructions for the offer (add the black charging plate to the cart, basically.)

Yet, AT&T still charged me for the plate ($49) I've spoken to about four phone reps about this, and each time they give me the same explanation. I'm paraphasing:

AT&T: 'We received an update in our system this morning that the free charging plate offer is not available until November 9, therefore, you will be charged the $49"

Me: "But when I placed my order online, and even right now, you website is advertising the offer as available NOW. I am reading the full terms and conditions, and nowhere does it say it doesn't start until November 9. I am signed in, and in smartphone purchase list, the offer is there on the Nokia Lumia 920. I can send you a screenshot."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

Me: "I appreciate and understand that you may not see the offer internally. But you are advertising it, live, right now, as being available, online and you did to me when I ordered. You cannot really advertise a price to the public and then charge them something else. You need to honor the price and credit me the $49."

AT&T: "We can only go by the offers we see internally. Because the offer isn't available until November 9, you will be charged."

I've read online people saying they heard from reps the offer is now sold out, but I haven't seen one person say reps told them the offer will be available November 9. I'm wondering if the reps I spoke to were confused by the preorder and the availability date of the phone itself (November 9), but none would listen to that and all four said the same thing.

Here's my screenshot.screenshot-smaller.jpg

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

@mark.f.masters wrote:
When I ordered, it said in red, that you get a charging plate for each order. I could not find it in the accessories, so I figured it would be included. But now I feel a bit nervous. I ordered 2 with 2 year contract.

Everyone should get one per phone, once AT&T gets them (up to whenever the cutoff is in december for purchase.)

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Update: unable to get a CS response anywhere that assured me Id eventually be credited for the charging plate charge, I stared to consider cancelling the order. It helped my decision that the phone hadn't shipped by Friday. So much for the "pre-" in pre-order, huh?

So, I went to an ATT store where they had the 920s and cancelled my preorder while I waited in line. The store, tho busy, was friendly and helpful. They didn't know much about the free wireless charging plate, but it was on the signage there. So eventually they were able to figure out how to order me a free one (they weren't in stock in stores Friday.)

note to self: buy in store, buy in store, buy in store.

edit: Jamileh, thanks for your offer of help. I would have taken you up if my preorder hadnt failed to ship by Friday. appreciate it!

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

@LS6TA wrote:

I picked up the Lumia 920 at my local ATT store today and they knew nothing about the wireless charging plate, even though it was mentioned on the display stand.  I assumed I had to register on the nokia site when it goes up on the 16th to get one?

I hope you return to the store and insist on the plate. The local reps may not have gotten training on the offer, but if its printed right there by the price, then that's the deal.

In my case, a manager had to help my rep locate the accessory to order online, direct-fulfill it(I.e., ship it to me BC it wasn't in stock), and then manually credit me the $49.

i would bring my receipt back to the store and try again, and talk to a manager I'd needed because they might have heard of the offer first. And by now, hopefully they're all up to speed.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hi there - I got your PM and responded just now. Thanks for the info. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Is this offer still available with the Lumia 920 or not? When I go to upgrade the devices on my account, it says it is, and prompts me to choose a wireless charging plate. However, all the charging plates listed are "out of stock" and cannot be selected.

Should I wait until these are back in stock, or is the offer over?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I am trying to order the Lumia 920 Matte Black. I go online to AT&T and when I get to the point in the order where I add the wireless charging plate, I notice two new things. First, the order instructions pop up now states that you can add charge plate to the order for free. Second, the screen to add accessories now shows all charge plates all colors as out of stock and you cannot add them to the order. How do I go about ordering this now? The offer clearly states that it will run till January. Is there an option to add the FREE charging plate after I have ordered my 920? Or do I have to order that at the same time? If so, how can I order both since there is no option now to add the wireless charging plate..

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same issue. I am trying to order the Lumia 920 Matte Black. I go online to AT&T and when I get to the point in the order where I add the wireless charging plate, I notice two new things. First, the order instructions pop up now states that you can add charge plate to the order for free. Second, the screen to add accessories now shows all charge plates all colors as out of stock and you cannot add them to the order. How do I go about ordering this now? The offer clearly states that it will run till January. Is there an option to add the FREE charging plate after I have ordered my 920? Or do I have to order that at the same time? If so, how can I order both since there is no option now to add the wireless charging plate..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I went through my corporate account and had the same issue. The corporate account manager had no information for me as well. Hoping ATT can answer it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

After much frustration online and on the phone (the phone rep wanted to charge me $199 for the 920), I just picked up my butt and walked into the store and surprise... They are sold out...all colors. Tried another store. Same story. But the Store manager did this for me. I love it.

Nokia920Order.PNG

Nokia920Chargerplate.PNG

2 Attachments

Professor

• 

451 Messages

11 years ago

Att is direct fulfilling these. It says as much on the store page.

It looks like this is a case of the accessories simply not being ready for the roll out. I actually prefer this to delaying the roll out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.