For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
zidane2016's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 7:33 PM

Lumia Denim/WP 8.1.1 Update

Three days ago, Microsoft/Nokia began the worldwide rollout of the Denim firmware/Windows Phone 8.1.1 software update. The Microsoft Lumia twitter account gave very little detail other than "It will be available following carrier testing and approvals". Can any AT&T insider give us some info on when the Lumia 1520 (or other Lumias, for that matter) will receive this update? I'm spending the Christmas weekend with my family and I'd like to have the camera improvements and 4K video in time for that occasion!! You guys have been good to us WP users for the past two major firmware updates (Black, Cyan), so please don't pull a Verizon on us now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

What phone are you using? Unless you have the 830, 930, Icon or
1520, you'll only get the stuff that DP already gives you. The camera
update is only for those four phones because of the hardware, and "Hey
Cortana" will only be for the 930, Icon and 1520 because of the processor
needed for it (it needs a processor that can handle running it in the
background without killing your battery in an hour). Basically the Denim
firmware is just those two features- everything else comes with the WP
8.1.1 software update. So unless you have one of those four phones, there
is no actual Denim firmware for your phone- just a name change from Cyan to
Denim in the "extras+info" menu and the WP 8.1.1 software update. So if you
have a 920, 1020, or any low-end Lumia, there's no sense in holding your
breath over it because the Dev Preview will give you all that this update
has anyway.

Really, the 830 people should be the only people on this forum complaining
at this point. Everybody else, go get the DP or buy a 1520! Cheers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a Nokia Lumia 925, and I am still waitng for the Denim Update. I asked one of the sales reps at an AT&T store recently, and he said the 1520 is the only phone to receive this update from AT&T due to it's popularity. The rep also said that the update probably wlll not roll out to the rest of the older phones.  I believe him!  If so, very disappointing.  Even though I wouldn't receive "Hey Cortana!" or the new canera features, I looked forward to the little improvements Microsoft made to the Windows 8.1 phone experience.

I will stick with AT&T and Windows Phone through Windows 10 (if AT&T even carries the new phones). If the same nonsense happens again with updates being pushed out late, or not at all:  bye bye AT & T, and hello (dare I say it??) iPhone!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I wish people wouldn't respond if they don't know what they are talking about. There is more to Denim than camera and Hey Cortana.

http://m.windowscentral.com/lumia-denim-update-now-rolling-out-lumia-1020-and-925-devices

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Everything listed in that article comes from the WP 8.1.1 software update, not the Denim firmware update. These are two separate things. Hence, the Dev Preview is all you need if you don't have the phones I mentioned earlier. I wish people wouldn't respond if they don't know what they are talking about.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Dear AT&T:

I am deeply disturbed by the fact that you have still not released the Lumia Denim update to the 925 (and other models), even though you've done it for the 1520. 

I recently purchased a Microsoft Band (which I love, by the way), but I can only use about half of the features on it because AT&T has still not released Denim for 925! 

My plan is to keep my 925 until the release of the next flagship under W10; please tell me you're planning on releasing Denim on the 925 soon so I can actually enjoy the accessories I purchase to compliment my AT&T phone.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Don't switch to the iPhone just buy an unlocked phone iPhones flat out suck there nothing more then a fad I his got the 6 for my wife and it has all the same crap as the 5 camera, screen bla bla bla all she ever says is she misses her Lumia the 930 is the best phone I have ever had hands down what is frustrating is the lack of transparency from AT&T your customer base is screaming and there is no real response meanwhile Verizon is done with the update I wonder what the real hold up is plus look AT&T just had no good selection for phones so I brough my own device it was the best thing I ever did I love the 930 and I have the update AT&T need to do a better job at caring for it clients flat out and there you have it.....

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @saulondono

At this time we do not have information regarding a release date for Denim on the Lumia 925. I would recommend checking out our Software Updates page for the latest information on updates available for your device.

Thanks,

Charise

Guru

• 

673 Messages

9 years ago

No question there is more to it; that is just a perfect example that the developer Preview does NOT give you Denim.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have a 1020 and I am waiting for the upgrade too.  This should not take so long, especially since Verizon users had their update long ago.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I also have the 1020 and recently bought the band. I can't use all features unless I install the DP.  Have you had any problems with the DP?  It kinda makes me nervous, since it voids the warranty.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.