For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
sinabu's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, November 15th, 2012 4:17 PM

Lumia 920 wont power on :(

Just got my lumia 920 in the mail yesterday. Powered it up and activated along with charged it with the wall charger before leaving for chicago last night.

I used the phone throughout setting things up like i wanted them. The battery was down to about 30% and the phone just shut off.   We just made it to the hotel and I plugged it up using the suplpied wall charger and it wont power on. Made sure the plug in the hotel is good. Tried it without the Wall dongle directly to my powered USB on my laptop and still nothing.

im 14 hours from home and my iphone 4s and not returning until monday and now im stuck without a cell phone.. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Just asa heads up to others. I read on the WP Central forums of others having this same issue. I had installed Nokia Drive Beta from the store and some are saying this is what locked the phone up. 

Holding down the volume key and power or a few seconds resolved the issue. The phone booted up and I was able to charge it. 

Professor

• 

451 Messages

11 years ago

@sinabu wrote:

Just got my lumia 920 in the mail yesterday. Powered it up and activated along with charged it with the wall charger before leaving for chicago last night.

I used the phone throughout setting things up like i wanted them. The battery was down to about 30% and the phone just shut off.   We just made it to the hotel and I plugged it up using the suplpied wall charger and it wont power on. Made sure the plug in the hotel is good. Tried it without the Wall dongle directly to my powered USB on my laptop and still nothing.

im 14 hours from home and my iphone 4s and not returning until monday and now im stuck without a cell phone.. 

I would try a hard reset once and if that does not clear it up, exchange it at a B&M att wireless. (not an authorized reseller but genuine attnwireless. See link at top of theage.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

mine did the same thing,and i did just that and it came back on. then tonight my screen froze znd then bag it went black, I tried to to tge soft boot again and still nothing, I need my phone my mom has cancer and its my only phone and cant aford another oneSmiley SadSmiley Frustrated

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

@littlemissyooper wrote:

mine did the same thing,and i did just that and it came back on. then tonight my screen froze znd then bag it went black, I tried to to tge soft boot again and still nothing, I need my phone my mom has cancer and its my only phone and cant aford another oneSmiley SadSmiley Frustrated

If your 920 has had a hardware issue, it is still covered by the 1 year warranty. Call AT&T, or stop in at a store to arrange for repair/exchange.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Mine did the same thing shortly after I purchased it. Just holding down on the volume and the center button for several seconds should do a soft reset. If that doesn't work, you hold down on the volume the center button and the camera button for a hard reset but beware as the latter will do a factory reset of your phone. 😉 Hope that helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

my phone got locked up and holding down on the volume button and the power button worked like a charm!  thank you so much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.