For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
tm65's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 6:03 AM

Lumia 900 GPS failure

Hi Lumia users,

I posted the following message to Nokia Support when my Lumia 900 started giving me wrong locations. Since then a ATT retails store gave me a new SIM and that fixed the problem for a few weeks. It's started to happen again. 

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Lumia-900-GPS-fails-when-battery-is-50-or-below/td-p/1396825

Any anyone else experienced similar issue? The gist is that the Lumia GPS puts me in Ohia or Georgia sometimes, but I'm in San Francisco! 

Thanks.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the update Chris!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@wizll - are you seeing this on the Lumia, the Titan or a different phone?

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

12 years ago

This has nothing to do with the Lumia 900.  It is an at&t LTE issue - pure and simple - and needs to be fixed.  You'll note that the GPS positions you dead on an at&t data center in Akron, Ohio.  The solution is simple - turn LTE off.  I've done this several times on my Lumia to ensure this is the issue - I'm in Akron with LTE on and where I truly am with LTE off.  The pain was that I had to go to field test settings to add a check-box in my celluar settings for "Highest connection speed" giving me now three options to choose from - E, 3G or 4G.  3G and I'm fine, 4G and I'm in Akron.  This really, really, really needs to be fixed.  The reason that iPhone and Android users aren't experiencing this is that they don't have LTE.  Yet!  Unfortunately this is reflecting poorly on the Windows phones when in fact it's a carrier problem!  Of course, if you're not in an area with LTE service, you won't have this problem.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

@wizll - are you seeing this on the Lumia, the Titan or a different phone?

lumia

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks wizll.

I appreciate the feedback hankerin.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have a Titan II and a Nokia Lumia 900 sitting right next to each other - both are in Akron (although, i'm fairly certain i'm in boston).

Dear AT&T, please FIX!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I too am seeing this issue - the WeatherFlow app (updates the live tile with current weather at current location) started showing Akron a couple of weeks ago. Since then, correct location services are way spotty. I'm in Charlotte, NC.

For what it's worth, I'm using the Micro SIM out of an iPhone 4, reprovisioned by ATT for my phone. Battery life doesn't seem to affect this either way.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for letting me know you're seeing the same behavior. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hankerin is 100% correct, I have tried the same steps he did and I have no problems on 3G or 4G using the HSPA+ but as soon as I enable LTE my GPS locates me in Akron, OH, I have gone to multiple stores and none of the reps know about this issue. I also tested this with the new Titan II and confirm this is the issue for it as well. I tested the maps on a Focus S 2 but it didn't exhibit the issue due to it only being connected to the WiFi, cellular network wasn't active on the phone. This is definitely an ATT LTE issue and as Hankerin states iPhone users aren't experiencing this cause they don't have LTE and Android I believe routes their indoors maps to a database server of theirs so they aren't experiencing this either. ATT please fix as this has been going on for at least a week and all apps and phone are unusable on LTE. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Just wanted to confirm, same error yesterday, using my Titan II. I got around it by typing in both my current and desired locations to get Maps to give me directions... but not very helpful if you're lost!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.