Troubleshoot your device issues
tm65's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 6:03 AM

Lumia 900 GPS failure

Hi Lumia users,

I posted the following message to Nokia Support when my Lumia 900 started giving me wrong locations. Since then a ATT retails store gave me a new SIM and that fixed the problem for a few weeks. It's started to happen again. 

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Lumia-900-GPS-fails-when-battery-is-50-or-below/td-p/1396825

Any anyone else experienced similar issue? The gist is that the Lumia GPS puts me in Ohia or Georgia sometimes, but I'm in San Francisco! 

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

I received word earlier this evening from NokiaCareUS's Twitter team that the GPS issue has been resolved:

@NokiaCareUS: @ChrisJLynch06 @ATT_Jam Yes, it has been resolved. Recommend restarting the device to ensure it's fixed. ^LC

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for following up Chris!

If you'd like additional information or are still having issues after restarting your device, please contact Nokia directly. You can follow them on Twitter @NokiaCareUS. 

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

12 years ago

Did you try the diagnostic test? Press ##634# on your keypad and run all tests check the bing search can find you or Nokia drive

Scholar

• 

67 Messages

12 years ago

I live in NYC and my Lumia 900 does not have any gps problems. Try returning your phone or contact http://twitter.com/#!/NokiaCareUS

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I just received a HTC Titan 2 last week and i live in California, but the HTC Hub Weather app and the Bing Maps app are showing my location as Akron, OH.  Sometimes it'll give my correct location but for the most part it shows as Akron, OH. 

I called ATT and they referred me to HTC, the rep at HTC claims it's a known issue for some Titan 2's and they are working on a fix.  Does anyone else have problems with the GPS on the HTC Titan 2?  I've searched Google and can't find anyone else talking about this issue? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

This problem might not be specific to the Titan 2.  Some Lumia 900 users have reported the same thing.  See:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-900-GPS-bug/td-p/1407967/page/2

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

Yep, same here.  What is going on?!?!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

I live in California, and have two Lumia's saying they are in Akron, OH.  This is frustrating, as I use a lot of location-capable apps, and if the device isn't reporting the location correctly, they are completely useless.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

There is no GPS option in Diagnostics, only the Compass.  So trying to go through the Diag app doesn't help, nor test GPS/aGPS.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Just got the Titan 2 as well. Same issue, I'm in ca and shows Akron oh. Any update or solution you may have?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.