Troubleshoot your device issues
TNikki's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, July 6th, 2015 2:27 AM

Lumia 635 GoPhone- Will it get updated to Denim?

I am trying to find out if this particular phone is getting the Denim update. I have come across a few posts that say we will and others that say we won't. Any help would be appreciated.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @TNikki thanks for posting your question. The OS upgrade should be available to your Lumia 635 at this time.

To get the update, please go to settings>phone update>check for update.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I have checked for update multiple times and it says my phone is up to date, but there are no changes. I wonder why this update is not coming through...

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @TNikki

I’m afraid we do not have information regarding plans to release Denim on the Nokia Lumia 635 at this time. For details on the latest update available for your device, please see our Software Updates page.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare wrote:

Hey there @TNikki

I’m afraid we do not have information regarding plans to release Denim on the Nokia Lumia 635 at this time. For details on the latest update available for your device, please see our Software Updates page.

I hope this helps!

Charise

This answer is incorrect.  There indeed was an update (Denim) for the 635 that was released on June 9 for the 635 SKU 6599A.  The Go Phone 635, SKU 6561A has NOT, as of this date, received the update.  The physical phones are identical so there is no "technical" reason why the 6561A cannot receive the update.  Why ATT has chosen to do this, I haven't a clue.

Citation here:  http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB426792&cv=820

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Do GoPhones as a rule not get updates? I'm wondering if there's a possibility its a prepaid issue...

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

@TNikki wrote:
Do GoPhones as a rule not get updates? I'm wondering if there's a possibility its a prepaid issue...

635 Go Phones got an update recently - the reboot fix that most all other Lumia's got, so I'd say Go Phones can and do indeed get updates.

Thursday of this week, 7/9 marks a month since the other 635s got the Denim update BTW.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Lovely.... This is why hubby and I will be getting our next phones factory unlocked. My understanding is that those phones get updated directly from Microsoft. Unfortunately, we are the kind that keep our phones until they don't work anymore and we just bought them this year...go figure...
Thank you for your help btw 😊

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Well,I have done a master reset as the support people here on this forum said to do...Still no upgrade...Whatever 😊

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

According to the Microsoft website the AT&T Lumia 635 Denim update is available for OEM Device NameRM-975_1035...looks like the Go phone device name is RM-975_1005.....at least that is what mine shows. That being said I have been able to upgrade mine to the denim update by using the Windows Insider app and choosing the slow ring which will allow it to upgrade to Denim update. Once that is completed it will want to upgrade to a preview version of Windows 10 and will nag you but at that point do a factory reset and it will wipe the device and come up clean with Denim update. Then just restore your backup file. Please just make sure you have a backup if you want to retain your settings after the factory reset and of course save any pics and such.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

epurdy,

Thanks for your wizardry!

The procedure you described worked perfectly for me.

"Denim" is now loaded and operational on my Lumia 635 Go-Phone and is currently downloading the various app updates.

The Windows Version I received from MS is: 8.10.14219.341.

Using the reset procedure you recommended also eliminated the Win 10 preview nag for me.

This is the one to go with, folks! Just follow epurdy's directions/recommendations.

Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.