For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
TNikki's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, July 6th, 2015 2:27 AM

Lumia 635 GoPhone- Will it get updated to Denim?

I am trying to find out if this particular phone is getting the Denim update. I have come across a few posts that say we will and others that say we won't. Any help would be appreciated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

epurdy, YOU are a lifesaver!

I bought 2 GO Phones in July and used the AT&T SIM card's from my old Pantech phones, but AT&T won't update to Denim, so no Windows Mobile when it comes out. I have looked at any and all options to get Denim on my phones with no success until I followed YOUR instructions. I can't believe how many users are wanting this update and can't get it from AT&T.

I followed your instructions, but went ahead and got the Windows 10 insider preview 10.0.10166.0 and it has been working fine so far. Microsoft installed the OS Version 8.10.14219.341 and Firmware Version 01061.00070.14246.29017 on my phone which says it Denim. It is not the same Denim OS number that's on the AT&T update site for the 635 factory phones (its 8.10.15137.148 and 02173.00000.15154.50010) but it did allow Windows 10 Mobile preview to install on my phone.

I will be keeping the insider preview on my phone if it keeps up the good behavior, but it's nice to know I can go back to Denim following your instructions if I decide to.

Thanks again for the information.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Epurdy, Thank you so much. It works great. I also went ahead and tried the Windows 10 preview. So far, I like it 😊 Again, thank you so much! 😊

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

September 24, 2015

Epurdy, thank you for posting the solution for how to update Nokia (MSFT) Nokia 635 AT & T Go Phones to Denim and beyond

Really dispointed that AT & T did not provide the updates (Denim) to their Go Phone Customers and that I even had to search for a solution. Once you install Windows Insider App the updates service starts working and downloads the updates. 

Things to do before you start install of Windows Insider App:

You can download Windows Insider App from your phone.  go to > Store > select search and type in Windows Insider App >> Install App

Make sure phones is charged before starting the update. The update well not start if you phone is not charged enough. ( I would have a full charge before upgrading)

Make sure you save (2) backups of your phones important files

Again thanks Epurdy for providing the path to upgrade to Denim

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

epurdy - Once the update to Denim is completed using the Insider slow ring, will the phone continue to receive future updates, like the release of W10 in December?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

No, not this again...

Updating to the first update in the Windows Insider preview will NOT get your Windows Phone Lumia Denim. It's been told already that in 'extras+info', this has been due to some type of bug with the OS. Go to Windows Central, look this forum up, and you'll see what I mean.

So sorry to break the cheer, but what you guys are doing right now will NOT get you anywhere...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I beg to differ.  It completely updated my Lumia 635 (RM975-1005) to Denim.  I have the folders and everything, except for Hey, Cortana (the hardware doesn't support the feature, I guess.  But, up until I tried this method, there was no subsequent updates.  So, you, sir, are the one who is mistaken.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

how you guys get the insider build. is your 635 1gb. I have 512 mb ram

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I don't remember what the memory was. We've replaced or phones since I originally posted this question. If you do a search on "windows insider" you will be able to find the info you need. I want to say that there was an app on the store for Windows Insider. I'm sorry I don't remember any more about it 😞 I hope this helps.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@TNikki there is a Windows Insider App that can be used to upgraded supported models. The Lumia 635 appears on the list as a supported model. Since I don't have a 635, I've not followed how far along the Windows 10 path this phone has made it.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@waqas85This device will definitely update to Denim, and even to Win10 mobile, although you have to do some Insider "tricks", which are outside of the scope here (if you're motivated, you can find them fairly easily, and other user forums exist for this type of stuff).

@ChozoSR388 It definitely supports "Hey Cortana", although it wasn't well optimized and will probably be a bit detrimental in terms of battery life, so I believe this is disabled by default (must be purposely enabled).

This is one of those phones that was "on the edge", as the transition began, and eventually the cheaper (and quite a bit more powerful) 640/XL "replaced" it, when Win10 came into full swing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.