For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mmydearest's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 15th, 2015 4:00 PM

Lumia 1020 Denim update caused me to lose camera function

The initial software upgrade was 5/13/15 in the evening - using wireless.  The camera apps - Microsoft and Lumia failed to load. 

I attempeted a hard reset, camera resets, Lumia camera removal and re-install - nothing.

Thinking there may have been a problem with the download, I used the MS software recovery tool which rolled the phone back to Cyan - phones did not work.  I then updated to denim - again not successful.  I tried recovery again - no dice.

ATT support referred me to Microsoft.

Microsoft referred me to a third-party (out of warranty) repair service..

I don't want to pay to repair a phone that was broken by a software update.

Unless someone has a suggestion, I guess my next stop is the Secretary of State.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @mmydearest

I’m sorry to hear that a device update has resulted in the loss of functionality! I’d be happy to help! May I ask when this device was originally purchased? It sounds like we may have referred to Microsoft due to the device no longer being under warranty. Do you happen to have Mobile Insurance provisioned on your line? If so, we can begin a claim to have your device replaced! For more information, please click here.

Should the device be out of warranty with no insurance coverage, we would be unable to replace the device unfortunately. The best route for resolution would indeed be via Microsoft/Nokia.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not trying to scam anyone for a new phone - I'd just like the old one to work.  The only "solution" anyone can come up with is replacement or repair at my expense - because it's my fault the software update broke my phone. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I got the update on the same day and I went through the exact same thing.  I tried everything that you did no no avail. Luckily I had Geek Squad protection on my phone and ordered a replacement.  While I'm glad I had the coverage I think it's crap that I needed to use it to replace a phone that was broken by a software update. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for your response.  I'm with you - in my world (software), a software update should not cause a customer to have to replace the hardware - insurance or no.  And I'll be darned if I use a hardware upgrade (my only option being the Next program) to make a bad software problem go away.  I will dust off my old camera and limp along with my crippled Lumia 1020 and as soon as my contract is up...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.