For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
onajojo's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 6th, 2016 11:53 AM

Latest Lumia 950 update for August 2016?

Microsoft has been advertising great new features for the 950 on Twitter, most importantly, the new mobile payment ability through the wallet app. However, it will only work with a new firmware update. Since AT&T is the only US carrier, when will we get the latest update?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

You have to wait for AT&T to update the firmware (release it), since their model# is different from the un-branded phones.

Currently the Anniversary update isn't quite released for W10m anyway, so hopefully AT&T will work on getting the firmware out there soon, maybe close to the release of the new OS.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

ATT is supposed to release the anniversary upgrade next week (8/16) according to other sources.  Hopefully they will release the firmware before then (or as part of that update) as it fixes a number of issues, not the least of which is the occasional loss of network from the carrier (per Microsoft's firmware release notes).  ATT did release the cumulative update for 1511 today for the 950.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The 8/16 is likely to slide a bit, since MS hasn't released the mobile update for general-release yet (currently it's still Insider-only).

The firmware is the bigger issue though, you need to get that, if you want tap-to-pay, and I'm not sure if/when AT&T has comitted to releasing the new firmware?

The Anniversary build is a little bit "shaky" right now anyway, which is likely the reason that MS has delayed things, there are a whole variety of issues that came up, when more people deployed via Insider (Release Preview branch) to a broader set of devices.  I rarely say this, but I woulnd't suggest upgrading until they sort this out.

The firmware is disjoint though, possibly AT&T will release this in the interim.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.