Troubleshoot your device issues
hyacinth's profile

Mentor

• 

86 Messages

Saturday, May 10th, 2008 9:00 PM

Closed

LG Vu- using micro SD card

I just bought a 2GB micro SD card. How do I get this to work?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Hi,

I am new at this and I was wondering if someone out there could help me...so yes i have the lg vu and i  have a 2g micro sd card...all i want to do is take the photos that are saved in the phone and save them all to the SD i didnt realize that they were just saving it to the phone. i already went into the camera's settings and changed it so that from now on all the pix will be saved to the SD but how about the pix i already have on there.  There are probably over a hundred pix saved to my phone that i want saved to the sd card and i dont know how...i did some how was able to move one pic over nut i forgot how i got to that screen to move it...and besides is there an easier way because i really dont want to move over each pic individually.  THANK YOU for all your help guys

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I'm really starting to think this phone is more trouble than it's worth. I have a 4GB Lexar micro sd card that the phone was reading perfectly, and I even got my sister to put some music on it for me a few weeks ago. I've only had this phone for about a month. My laptop doesn't recognize hc cards so my sis downloaded music to her phone and transfered it to mine via bluetooth. I got the data cable for the phone, which sadly isn't included with the phone, but the phone stopped recognizing the micro sd. So after reading a few posts, I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy a new sd, and probably sandisk, and perhaps a 2GB? This is ridiculous. Any additonal ideas or is this about right?
Message Edited by Nessie09 on 01-28-2009 09:16:46 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Hi,

This is with regard to the same problems that you were addressing. I tried everything that is mentioned on this thread. Including changing of ID tags, and transferring all my music onto the "Music" folder on the memory card. But the AT&T music player still does not recognize a single song from the memory card. Although the entire collection is visible on the Audio & ringtones tab, it is too painful to use, since it does not automatically jump from one song to the next, so you end up manually movng to the next song at the end of the previous one. All the songs are in MP3 format as well.

Please help!!! Anybody???

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

are your file names normal?  as a test, name some of your files test1.mp3, test2.mp3, etc.. make sure the id3 tags are correct too.  only put those mp3s in the music folder on your sd card..  just 1 file that is {word filter evasion} will prevent the music player from displaying most of the songs..  it's a pain, but start off slow and you'll start to figure it out..  file names and id3 tags are the culprits...  so, add a few at a time, see if the music player picks them up.. then add a bigger chunk and carefully scan to make sure they all show up..  eventually you'll upload a batch that doesn't all show up and that batch will have at least one problem file...  

it's very picky, but the music player does work.  i don't think it has anything to do with the brand/quality of sd card either.  it's just simply the design of the software.

Message Edited by IanSee on 02-01-2009 12:14:16 AM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I have a 1 GB memory card and the message "card not ready" is still showing

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

@laurenx2 wrote:
I have a 1 GB memory card and the message "card not ready" is still showing

You might be making the same mistake I did, it's an easy mistake because the card is so danged small - you have to push it in all the way, until it clicks and stays in all the way. You won't be able to pull it out again within first pushing it in and hearing the click again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

i also got a 4g memory card and kept getting the card not ready signal after istallation. I found that the card wasnt being in far enough by the battery and put a small piece of plastic that i trimmed from the cards packaging inbetween the card and battery. now my phone recognises that the card has been installed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

So, my first problem was that I didn't push the micro SD card in all the way....D'oh. But, now that i finally got my phone to recognize the fact that the card exists, I'm having the same problem as everyone else: The music player won't recognize the songs I put on it. I can locate the files through the "other" section in "my stuff," though. I thought the solution was the ID3 tags as mentioned earlier, but that won't work for me. The files are in the default "music" folder.

Can anyone offer a different solution, or maybe point out something I may have done wrong?

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

it's not just ID3 tag, it can be file name convention as well.  It's a pain but process of elimination...  Add your songs in groups of 10 until you add a group that makes it bomb.  Then once you fix that group, you'll know what to do to other songs.

If your first group of 10 songs doesn't show, for a test, name them 0001.mp3, 0002.mp3, 0003.mp3 etc

if they still don't show, convert the ID3 tags.  the fact that you see them when browsing means it not a problem with the phone or card.  it's the pickiness of the mp3 music player on the phone. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Is there any way to copy multiple photos from the phone's memory to the Micro SD Card?

I've taken a bunch of photos only to find they were saved on the phone's memory, not the Micro SD Card, and when trying to copy them to the Card so I can use my PC's card reader (no, I don't have the data cable to connect my Vu to my PC) while I can select Multiple Photos, I can only select them with the purpose of Deleting them. There appears to be absolutely no option to Select Multiple to Copy to Memory Card.

Well, I'm a stubborn SOB, so I'm going to be sitting here for most of the night, copying photos over one by one, then transferring them from the Card to my PC when (if) the Card is full, then copying more. But if anyone can save my sanity I'd really like to know if it's possible to select Multiple Photos and copy them to the Memory Card.

Thanks heaps,

John

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.