Troubleshoot your device issues
hyacinth's profile

Mentor

• 

86 Messages

Saturday, May 10th, 2008 9:00 PM

Closed

LG Vu- using micro SD card

I just bought a 2GB micro SD card. How do I get this to work?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I just bought the LG VU and I do have a 4G memory card in it but I keep getting the memory card not ready on the phone.  When I try to connect through a usb my media player does not recognize the device at all - I have upgraded the to the media v11.  Its starting to make me crazy.  Can anyone help me

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

I would try formatting the memory card.  You usually do not have to do this, but for some reason the Vu doesn't like anything higher than a 2GB memory card.  I had all my stuff on a 4GB memory card that I had in my Motorola, so the Vu could see everything on the card, it just wouldn't save the pictures to it, that is when I went to a 1GB memory card.  If you still can't get the phone to read the 4GB memory card after formatting it, then I would switch to a 2GB or 1GB memory card. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I am having a problem with the Vu. I bought the phone 2 days ago and saved all of my songs and pictures to my 1 KG SD card. When I put the card in the computer, all of my pictures and songs show up that way. When I put the card in the Vu, the memory card is recongnized but does not show any of my songs or pictures. I have taken a few pictures with the VU and they are saved to the memory card automatically and I am able to see them that way. Also, I had some song blue toothed and at first they showed up and I was able to play them on the music player but when someone send a song to me in a text and I saved that then the songs I blue toothed were gone and I was only able to see the song I saved from the text message. I saved that song to my ringtones. When I try to copy it or move it to my memory card, I select the music folder but it will not open. What am I donig wrong and how can I fix this problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I just got this phone and have a 1GB san disk micro sd card in it. the phone says "card not ready" when i try to access it and also when i try to connect the phone to my computer it says I need to insert a memory card. I have searched endless forums for a solution to this and spoken with ATT and LG and have gotten no where. I know the card works, I had it in a Pantech Duo before this. I have tried 'formatting' the card by taking my battery out while the phone was still on. Putting it back in powering it and trying to take a picture and save it to my memory card and the phone still doesn't recognize my card (All of this LG told me to do) If anyone has any help I'd appreciate it!! I am about to pull my hair out with this problem Smiley Happy thanks

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

Are you sure your memory card is good?  I ask this knowing it was working before you pulled it out of the previous device, but all it takes is one time to remove the card unsafely and it will destroy the card.  Same thing happens with Flash Drives, if it is not stopped before pulling it out of the computer, it can destroy the Drive.  Have you tried plugging the card straight into the computer to make sure you can add and remove files from it?  I had a Flash Drive that was working fine, then all of a sudden I could pull files off of it, but not erase or put new files onto it.  That is why I ask if the memory card is good.  I would test it on the computer (NOT IN THE PHONE, use either with a USB adapter or memory card reader if you don't have one built into your computer) to make sure it is working correctly.  If it is working correctly, then I would buy another Memory Card (I know, more money for nothing) to see if the new card works.  If you do both and neither work, then you may have a problem with the Memory Card Reader in the phone not working (my Sim card reader stopped working and I had to get a new phone under warranty). 

If you think the Memory Card Reader is bad, I would call AT&T to find the nearest store to you (actual store, not authorized retailer) and take it to them to have them try it for themselves, just to make sure you have someone else try it, and make sure they note it on your account.  (To keep from buying another memory card, you may want the AT&T store to try a new card straight out of the package, and tell them if it works, you will buy the new card, and if it doesn't, then there is obviously something wrong with the phone.)

Also, taking the battery out while the phone is on DOES NOT format the memory card (stupid LG).  I do this all the time, and if that formatted the memory card, I would always be putting all my stuff back on my card.  All that did was turn the phone off without using the power button.  Just like your computer, if you unplug it from the wall while it is on, it does not format your Hard Disk Drive.  I would try hooking the memory card up to the computer (like stated above with the card NOT in the phone) and actually format it to see if that helps (even though I doubt it will). 

I have talked to AT&T and LG about a couple of things, and neither are very helpful when it comes to technical questions about this phone (they both tell me to call the other and "ask them"). 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

After calling AT&T Tech support, Then LG Tech Support, visiting a dozen bulletin boards, I finally got an answer to at least part of this problem.  LG has made this phone so it can only accept Sandisk cards.  If you bought any other brand you are out of luck, and out of money.  LG made this phone so there is no enter button, so when you are on the net, and have to enter a password, if the site doesn't have an enter button on the page, you cannot log in.  They made this phone so that it cannot sync your calendar or contacts unless you can bluetooth it to your computer, and then you can only do this one contact at a time.  Seems to me that the engineers that made this phone don't actually use cell phones, or are extremely forgetful.  Cute phone, TV is cool, internet is great, as long as you don't need an enter button.  Too many steps to get to some apps.  If this was their attempt to compete with the iPhone, they fell WAY short.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

AT&T and LG may have told you only SanDisk Memory Cards will work (I doubt it), but that is not true.  ALL of my Micro SD cards are Patriot, and they ALL work.  The phone will not save photos to the memory card if it is bigger than a 2GB card, but other than that, the phone does not know what brand memory card is inserted.  It will play music from a 4GB memory card, but doesn't like 8GB cards.

And what sites don't have enter buttons that are needed in order to log in?  It is true the phone can not sync with your PC calendar or contacts.  It does sync with Windows Media Player (music). 

Message Edited by adidas0068 on 11-20-2008 08:37:39 AM

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you guys could help me with a little problem.

I bought my vu a couple weeks ago and I’ve been taking pictures nonstop. I also bought a 2 GB Sandisk memory card for it because my memory was starting to run low. I took a few really great pictures and I wanted to be able to transfer them to my computer and whatnot but the problem is I cannot seem to transfer the already existing photos from my phone to my memory card. I know how to make sure all of the photos I take now are saved to my memory stick and I have, but I can’t get the ones already on it to transfer to my memory card. Is it even possible?

Thanks 🙂

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

Yes, you can transfer the photos from your phone to your Memory Card, and vice-versa.  Depending on how you have your phone set up (Icon View or List View), when you go to your photos, you should either see nine (9) thumbnails of your photos or a list of your photos like when you go to your Phone Book.  At this point is when you transfer the photos.  Select a photo (press once), select "Options", "Move", Move to: "Memory Card".  If you are viewing the full image of the photo (photo on top, 3 thumbnails at the bottom), then you need to press back to get to the Icon View (or List View if that is how your phone is set up).  You can not move the photos when you are viewing a specific photo (nice LG), but can when looking at the list. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Ok, I got it.
Thanks alot 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.