For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
hyacinth's profile

Mentor

• 

86 Messages

Saturday, May 10th, 2008 9:00 PM

Closed

LG Vu- using micro SD card

I just bought a 2GB micro SD card. How do I get this to work?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

16 years ago

this is a response to mickee55 and lgkevin. to get the songs from the memory card ot the music player you have to go to the settings tab in the menu, then click on "more", then "connections", then "USB connection mode", under that tab select "mass storage". now go back to music player and it will automatically update the music from your card into the music library

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

does any one know if you can make your mp3 as ringtones on your phone . i have a LG VU.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

This message is in response to Bruce, but if anyone can weigh-in on this, please help!  I tried to use the suggested connect format for mass storage since I did not use a data cable to transfer my mp3 formatted files.  Even though the microSD can be played through the card reader I used to transfer the music, the phone continues to not be able to read the music regardless of connection setting or conversion process used for the music file.
Can anyone confirm that they were able to successfully play music that was transferred via a card reader versus a data cable?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

16 years ago

i did the same thing. i used an adapter an plugged the SD card straight into the computer and uploaded the songs. and i have successfully been playing music on my phone ever since.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks Bruce........any recommendations on the music formatting?  The phone must not like something about the format of the music saved on the microSD.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

16 years ago

oh you know what?? i forgot to say that it only accepts mp3 in the music player. other formats wont sync into the music player. the only way to access songs that are other format are to manually browse the files that are on the card. to do that, go to the "my stuff" tab which is the third tab down. then click on "more" then "memory card". from there you can access all the files that are on your memory card.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks, Bruce!  That was a good way to test whether the microSD is recognized at all.  But what if I get an error message from the Memory Card selection that says "Card not ready"?

Thanks for the help!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

16 years ago

if you get that message that means that your memory card is too big. the phone only supports up to 4GB, so if your card is larger than that, you will get that message.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks again, Bruce!  It's 8GB....no wonder I'm having this problem.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

16 years ago

I have a 4 GB SDHC memory card.  When I try to change the primary storage for my camera to the memory card I get an error message saying that my memory card it full (which it's not since i just cleared everything off of it).  Has anyone else had this problem?  Or is anyone else with a 4 GB card able to change their camera to store pictures on their card? 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.