LG Vu- using micro SD card

Highlighted
Mentor

LG Vu- using micro SD card

I just bought a 2GB micro SD card. How do I get this to work?
Message 1 of 57 (32,758 Views)
Master

Re: LG Vu- using micro SD card

It should be just a pop n' play procedure.
Message 2 of 57 (32,683 Views)
Mentor

I stick it in the phone and I can find it when it says memory card, but idk how to store things on it or anything. Can anyone help me with that?

Message 3 of 57 (32,679 Views)
Mentor

Also, I put the card into my PC (I have a vista which has a place to stick SD cards right in) and I added a song to it. Then when I put it in my phone and found the song, it tells me that the license expired and cannot open the song. So do I still need to buy the USB cord to to connect the phone to my PC?
Message 4 of 57 (32,518 Views)
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author hyacinth
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Well if you purchased the song from some sort of service that had drm restrictions on it or something you may not be able to transfer those songs to another device/computer. That's what seems like happened. You don't need to get a usb cord since you already have a card reader. You can always get applications that will allow you to convert the songs into another format (which usually strips that sort of protection from the file). Google is your friend.
Message 5 of 57 (32,494 Views)
Mentor

I didn't think of that. Thank you very much and I will let you know how it works.
Message 6 of 57 (32,490 Views)
Mentor

Thank you! It worked! That was the problem!
Message 7 of 57 (32,445 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]
Glad the SD card works out.

Message Edited by Sentry on 05-19-2008 10:46:09 AM
Message 8 of 57 (32,434 Views)
Contributor

well im having problems getting my music to be recognized in my music player.. it shows up in the memory card using the reader but "no songs" shows up when i try to play it on the music player.. someone help please
Message 9 of 57 (32,277 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi, I'm having to same problem with my Lg vu, where my music won't show up on the music player, but on the memory card. What did you do to get it to work? Please help me.

Message Edited by mickee55 on 07-24-2008 11:29:57 PM
Message 10 of 57 (30,879 Views)
Contributor

when you connect the phone to your PC thru USB cable. your winxp should see the phone folders. copy all your mp3 to music folder. you need to add songs to play list or browse thru all tracks to play them.
Message 11 of 57 (15,324 Views)

this is a response to mickee55 and lgkevin. to get the songs from the memory card ot the music player you have to go to the settings tab in the menu, then click on "more", then "connections", then "USB connection mode", under that tab select "mass storage". now go back to music player and it will automatically update the music from your card into the music library
Message 12 of 57 (15,166 Views)
Contributor

does any one know if you can make your mp3 as ringtones on your phone . i have a LG VU.
Message 13 of 57 (15,155 Views)

This message is in response to Bruce, but if anyone can weigh-in on this, please help!  I tried to use the suggested connect format for mass storage since I did not use a data cable to transfer my mp3 formatted files.  Even though the microSD can be played through the card reader I used to transfer the music, the phone continues to not be able to read the music regardless of connection setting or conversion process used for the music file.
Can anyone confirm that they were able to successfully play music that was transferred via a card reader versus a data cable?
Message 14 of 57 (15,133 Views)

i did the same thing. i used an adapter an plugged the SD card straight into the computer and uploaded the songs. and i have successfully been playing music on my phone ever since.
Message 15 of 57 (15,130 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.