Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 8, 2011
9:37:12 AM
View profile
LG Quantum keyboard behavior?
So I have had my LG Quantum since launch in October. I love it and use it every day. I got it because of the hardware keyboard, and that's what this thread is about...

To other LG Quantum users, I want to know if this is typical behavior or if I need to get a replacement device. Often when I am typing using the hardware keyboard, it will turn off (the lights on the keys turn off) and I can't type with it anymore until I jostle it or close and open it. Sometimes the on screen keyboard will pop out when it happens. Sometimes the backspace key gets stuck when it happens. I used to think it was a software issue, until last night. I decided to do a hard reset to see if it would do anything. It didn't, but when I was reinstalling the apps, I found that the keyboard would turn on and off constantly depending on the orientation of the phone. I wonder if there's a loose connection. Is this typical behavior or am I going to have to get a replacement unit?
So I have had my LG Quantum since launch in October. I love it and use it every day. I got it because of the hardware keyboard, and that's what this thread is about...

To other LG Quantum users, I want to know if this is typical behavior or if I need to get a replacement device. Often when I am typing using the hardware keyboard, it will turn off (the lights on the keys turn off) and I can't type with it anymore until I jostle it or close and open it. Sometimes the on screen keyboard will pop out when it happens. Sometimes the backspace key gets stuck when it happens. I used to think it was a software issue, until last night. I decided to do a hard reset to see if it would do anything. It didn't, but when I was reinstalling the apps, I found that the keyboard would turn on and off constantly depending on the orientation of the phone. I wonder if there's a loose connection. Is this typical behavior or am I going to have to get a replacement unit?
Posted from my cell phone
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 9, 2011 1:56:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

I think you have a bad device.  I have the Quantum and when the keyboard backlight turns off I can still type just fine.  I have never had the hardware keyboard stop responding like you are describing.

Accepted Solution

LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 9, 2011 1:56:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

I think you have a bad device.  I have the Quantum and when the keyboard backlight turns off I can still type just fine.  I have never had the hardware keyboard stop responding like you are describing.

Re: LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

2 of 3 (1,076 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 3:51:22 PM
(0)
Mentor
Thanks. I guess I'll have to make a visit to an AT&T store or something, then.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to make a visit to an AT&T store or something, then.
Posted from my cell phone

Re: LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

3 of 3 (1,068 Views)