LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

Mentor

LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

So I have had my LG Quantum since launch in October. I love it and use it every day. I got it because of the hardware keyboard, and that's what this thread is about...

To other LG Quantum users, I want to know if this is typical behavior or if I need to get a replacement device. Often when I am typing using the hardware keyboard, it will turn off (the lights on the keys turn off) and I can't type with it anymore until I jostle it or close and open it. Sometimes the on screen keyboard will pop out when it happens. Sometimes the backspace key gets stuck when it happens. I used to think it was a software issue, until last night. I decided to do a hard reset to see if it would do anything. It didn't, but when I was reinstalling the apps, I found that the keyboard would turn on and off constantly depending on the orientation of the phone. I wonder if there's a loose connection. Is this typical behavior or am I going to have to get a replacement unit?
Message 1 of 3
Teacher

Re: LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

I think you have a bad device.  I have the Quantum and when the keyboard backlight turns off I can still type just fine.  I have never had the hardware keyboard stop responding like you are describing.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: LG Quantum keyboard behavior?

Thanks. I guess I'll have to make a visit to an AT&T store or something, then.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support