Troubleshoot your device issues
scootiecat's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 6:33 AM

Closed

LG Incite Ringtones

I can't figure out how to transfer my own ringtones to my LG Incite.  Can anyone help me, please?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

Go to download.com and get a freeware program called winmp3shrink.  That will enable you to shrink your ringtones to under 300 kb.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

To change the ALARM tone, you have to save the file as a .wav sound, and paste the file in the Windows folder.

I finally was able to change my alarm tone today, after trying several times this past week to figure it out.   YES!!! 🙂

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

THANK YOU!!!!!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

It's telling me that there's not enough space on the device for the ringtones.  Does that mean my phone's memory is full or that my micro SD card is full?

And what do I do if it's my phone's memory that's full?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

@alkzak wrote:

To change the ALARM tone, you have to save the file as a .wav sound, and paste the file in the Windows folder.

I finally was able to change my alarm tone today, after trying several times this past week to figure it out.   YES!!! 🙂

Thank you, finally. I want to try this out now. I had a feeling it was the windows folder. Does anybody else notice that when I explore my phone in Windows Vista, you cannot see most of the stuff on your phone? It must use some weird type of formating? I can only truly browse the phone contents with the phone itself. 

Scholar

• 

449 Messages

15 years ago

@scootiecat wrote:

It's telling me that there's not enough space on the device for the ringtones.  Does that mean my phone's memory is full or that my micro SD card is full?

And what do I do if it's my phone's memory that's full?

I assume you went to Start > Settings , System tab and the tapped Memory and it told you that you have nothing left... hopefully it did say that you have some room left on your memory card?  If so, you can hook up your phone to your computer and using ActiveSync (XP) or WMDC (Vista) you can click the Explore tab. From there you can move ringtones, pictures, documents etc. from folders on the phone to equivolent folders you made on your microSD card. It took literally forever to do it via the File Explorer on the phone. It's much faster using your computer. There you can just cut and paste.

If you have a folder on your memory card called "My Ringtones" then you can relcate all your ringtones there and it will transfer them out of your main memory. Not only that, but they will ALL show up in your Notifications tab for an incoming call in the Ringtone drop down menu. These can also be used for contact-specific ringtones too, but ONLY for contacts saved on the phone (Outlook Contacts), NOT SIM contacts.

If you are still too full then try going to Start > Programs > Task Manager and see if anything's running... tap a programs's name and then End Task if you don't need it on right now (such as Windows Media Player). That might only apply to system RAM and thus be pointless to what you're trying to do, but it's worth a shot.

and to Derfnart, are you using the newest version of Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista?  And in your Vista Folder Options is Show Hidden Files and Folders selected (or on the phone...in File Explorer, Menu > Show All Files)?

Message Edited by Sandspurious on 03-01-2009 03:11:48 AM

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

According to my phone, I have 402.64 MB free on my micro SD card, so now I really don't know what's going on here. Also, on my phone, I have 75.40 MB of storage space left and 33.15 MB of program space left. So why would it be telling me that the device is full?

Now that I think about it, I think the reason I have so much SD card space left is because I had to do a restore defaults on the phone last night and I lost all my musicAnd I had a ton of music on thereSo probably the SD card is full when I have my music back on thereMy SD card is only 1 GB, so I'm going to buy an 8 GB card from eBayThat will help immensely.

Message Edited by scootiecat on 03-01-2009 08:29:50 AM

Scholar

• 

449 Messages

15 years ago

I guess that sounds about right...I have 63-storage, 40-program, and 2600-card. If you have a lot of music, pictures, ringtones, etc, I would recommend a 4GB card at the least and 8-16 if you can afford it. I have a 4GB Kingston kit ($11 Newegg) got it here... http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010070068%201053131144&bop=And&Order=RATING 

A way that I set the file structure on the card was to make the following folders (in order to add everything to the card and as little to the phone as possible). My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, My Ringtones, Program Files, and My Themes. I have no doubt that there will inevitably be more later, but those mimic what's on the phone and the phone then uses both locations in it's lists. I.E. all ringtones from both folders called "my ringtones." I also install all programs to the memory card to keep them off the phone.

There's a way to correctly remove the Banking, weather, "People", and the trialware Java games, but I don't have it in front of me.  When I do I'll post a how-to on that somewhere else because I'm sure we're not the only ones who would like to have our space back. Note that the Incite has 128/256 memory while the Fuze has 256/512...that's on my shortlist of drawbacks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

i can't get this at all. i am so fed up of this phone. i need help getting my alarms and text messages tones as my own personal ringtone.. and i cant get it at all.

if anyone can help me please tell me.. im losing patience with this phone.

Scholar

• 

449 Messages

15 years ago

@sasha1989 wrote:

i can't get this at all. i am so fed up of this phone. i need help getting my alarms and text messages tones as my own personal ringtone.. and i cant get it at all.

if anyone can help me please tell me.. im losing patience with this phone.

First, go to this thread and read this.  Next, unless you change the file size limit using the method I outlined in this thread, your MAX LIMIT on all things ringtones is 300KB.

Alarms: If you have an mp3 sound clip you want to use as an alarm, use Audacity to save it as a wav file and put a copy into your My Device\Windows folder with your USB cable. Name it something you'll be able to find later when you get tired of it (e.g. Alarm 10).

Ringtones: If you have favorite ringtones that are in wav, mp3, wma, or aac format, put them into My Device\My Documents\My Ringtones folder or My Device\Storage Card\My Ringtones. It's better to put them on your storage card if you have one...I have 50+ on mine.

Choosing your noises: From then on out, go to Start > Settings > Sounds and Notifications, click on the Notifications tab on the bottom and then change the Ringtone/ Sound for the events to what you want them to be.

Individual Call tones: To give your contacts their own personal ringtone, copy them from your SIM card to the handset (Outlook Contacts) and when you edit them, you can select a ringtone for them from the same list that shows up in Notifications.

That wasn't anything to get excited about now was it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.