For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
scootiecat's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 6:33 AM

Closed

LG Incite Ringtones

I can't figure out how to transfer my own ringtones to my LG Incite.  Can anyone help me, please?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

scootiecat....Check out this thread about ringtones. Maybe this will help.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

You can check here. Maybe this will give you some idea.
Message Edited by Dcookie on 01-24-2009 05:00:14 PM

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

I'm able to transfer music okay.  It was how to set it as ringtones that I didn't know.  I learned that in another forum.

Now my question is how do I get to use my music as alarms for the phone's alarm clock.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@scootiecat wrote:

I'm able to transfer music okay.  It was how to set it as ringtones that I didn't know.  I learned that in another forum.

Now my question is how do I get to use my music as alarms for the phone's alarm clock.

If the INCITE is anything like the SHINE, you're kind of stuck using the preinstalled message alerts ONLY as an alarm.I can't use ANY of my downloaded or homemade ringtones as an alarm.

When my husband made my ringtones using Audacity, he sent them to me in a MMS. I was then able to save them as ringtones.Also, if you do make your own ringtones, they have to be uinder a certain size. I don't know what the Incite's limit is but for my Shine they have to be 300kb and under.

Message Edited by Dcookie on 01-24-2009 05:33:36 PM

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

The Incite's ringtones have to be 300 kb or smaller too.  I had to shrink my mp3's to get them small enough even though I was only using parts of the songs.

Bummer that I seem to be stuck with the alarms.  They are lousy. 

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@scootiecat wrote:

The Incite's ringtones have to be 300 kb or smaller too.  I had to shrink my mp3's to get them small enough even though I was only using parts of the songs.

Bummer that I seem to be stuck with the alarms.  They are lousy. 

So are the Shine's!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

Yeah, that's where I found out how to do ringtones.  But nobody seems to know how to make them alarms.  😞  Thanks for all your suggestions!

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@scootiecat wrote:
Yeah, that's where I found out how to do ringtones.  But nobody seems to know how to make them alarms.  😞  Thanks for all your suggestions!

Yep, it's crazy that you can't use what you want. Same with text message alerts. You are FORCED into using the PREINSTALLED ones. Smiley Sad I have an old Nokia 6102 that I could do so much more with than my Shine. The phone does not have a lot of memory to speak of, but on the other hand, I NEVER had a problem with the phone itself...GREAT signal (ALL THE TIME)...LOUD SPEAKER (compared to my Shine), GREAT battery life!!! I still have it and use the FM radio in it when I go to hockey games...(I like to sit and listen to the game as I watch it).Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

just if anybody wants to know there is a website myxer.com you can get ringtones from just save them to you my ringtone folder and they pop up in the ringtone drop down when you can change your ringtone. not sure if it works for the alarms but it works for the ringtones and the site is free you just have to register .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I need Helppppp please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im trying to set up my own music as ringtones on my incite,  i've been reading this forum and it kind of make sense that i have to change the size of the file, but i dont even know how to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.