Troubleshoot your device issues
Instaman's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 11:59 PM

Interested in getting a S Pen for Samsung ATIV - well don't...

After many chats with AT&T tech-support and Samsung's who all said that it did, do not bother getting the S Pen for this tablet. I verified with someone else's S Pen for their Galaxy Note, and it didn't work. Looks like the digitizer was not part of the build. The model # is also different (XE500T1C-HA1US) from the ones that Samsung sells through other vendors.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

This is correct - looking at several reviews including http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/05/samsung-ativ-smart-pc-att-review/

"What's interesting are the apps not included on the device. When Samsung first gave us a demo of the Smart PC, the tablet had pen support, and came with Samsung's various S Pen apps. In fact, if you buy the WiFi model off Samsung's site, you'll see the company is still touting these features, and even includes an S Pen in the box. Pick up the LTE version, though, and you'll find Samsung has erased all evidence that this was ever a pen-enabled tablet. There are no S Pen apps installed on the device, and you can't download them off the product support website. There's also no pen in the box; heck, the hardware no longer responds to pen input, so even if you supplied your own pen, it still wouldn't work."

To be clear, the ATIV version with LTE as sold by AT&T does not support the S-Pen - it lacks the sensors needed to read the S-Pen, which is why one is not provided.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Today I was told by both AT&T and Samsung tech support and Samsung S Pen would work. I was told the reason a S Pen was not included was because of the additional components in the 4G version. Bought a S Pen today at Best Buy. It DOES NOT work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi I have the xe500T1C-HA1US and the apps are included any idea on how I can get a stylus

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a cellphone made by samsung Galaxy Note8, I need a new S Pen, it will not work without it. Please help me locate this S Pen.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.