Troubleshoot your device issues
Newlife2016's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 26th, 2016 9:32 PM

IPhone shattered screen

I got my iPhone a few months back and I shattered the screen and most of stuff won't open can I go to attend store and get new phone before my uograde is due

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Sure you can but you will either have to pay upfront for the new phone or payoff the existing phone and start a new installment plan. You won't be able to trade the broken phone in. You might want to look into iPhone screen repair. You can get the screen replaced for about $100. 

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

Technically, you could try going into the store to see if they'd let you pay off your Next balance and get a new phone, but, I'm pretty sure a stipulation of that path requires that the phone be turned in full working order with no damage outside of normal wear and tear.  Other than that, if you have insurance, I'd get ahold of Asurion and begin the claims process with them, keeping in mind that they do have a deductible you'll have to pay, plus, there's a very good chance that they'll send you a certified like new replacement, instead of a new phone.  Outside of those two options, the only other thing I would try is hunting around for the screen itself online, and then try and find someone who knows how to replace it.  Doing that will void the warranty though.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@lcalle Apple also does screen repair. They charge a bit more than $100 but in most cases it will be less than the insurance deductible and having Apple replace the screen won't void the warranty. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you put in a generic cheaper screen they might not accept the phone back (not sure what they stipulations are).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.