Troubleshoot your device issues
Sam111080's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 26th, 2016 7:46 AM

I got a Windows cell phone that is unlocked

I did a complete factory reset. But the email from previous owner is still in the phone. How can I remove him out of this phone. So I can be set up my information and my user only as the administrator. In case lost or wiped and I need to replace my information.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I suspect you did a soft-reset before, as a hard-reset should have remove all the info regarding the previous owner, including their email accout.  

For a hard-reset:

Go to Settings->Device->About->Reset.

From here, you have to answer yes once or twice, depending on the version of Windows on the device, and it will reboot and reset, ready for you to set up, fresh.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

You can also download the Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT) from Microsoft. You run that tool on your PC, connect your phone via USB, and it will identify the device, download the latest supported firmware and OS and install it on the phone. This process wipes everything on the phone and gets it to the most current software.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.