Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 20, 2012
5:29:39 PM
Help!

My phone will not turn on after I tried resetting it to wipe all the data clean. I absolutely need this thing back on ASAP.

Help please!

My phone will not turn on after I tried resetting it to wipe all the data clean. I absolutely need this thing back on ASAP.

Help please!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 20, 2012 5:35:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jii on Dec 20, 2012 at 5:38:15 PM

Did you try to hard reset through the option found under Settings?

If so...

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203979-fix-bricked-920s-after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

You'll need to download two programs, Nokia Care Suite and NaviFirm, which is the program you'll be using to flash the firmware. THIS IS AS EASY AS IT GETS, even if you don't consider yourself all that tech-savy. Also, once you reflash the device, you'll be wanting to download the latest upgrade OTA, which addresses this hard reset issue you ran into.

P.S. The firmware itself weighs in at around a gig. When you start downloading the files in NaviFirm, adjust the Download Sessions (1-20) accordingly to speed up your download speed a bit.

Accepted Solution

Help!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 20, 2012 5:35:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jii on Dec 20, 2012 at 5:38:15 PM

If so...

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203979-fix-bricked-920s-after-reset-flash-process-define...

You'll need to download two programs, Nokia Care Suite and NaviFirm, which is the program you'll be using to flash the firmware. THIS IS AS EASY AS IT GETS, even if you don't consider yourself all that tech-savy. Also, once you reflash the device, you'll be wanting to download the latest upgrade OTA, which addresses this hard reset issue you ran into.

P.S. The firmware itself weighs in at around a gig. When you start downloading the files in NaviFirm, adjust the Download Sessions (1-20) accordingly to speed up your download speed a bit.

If so...

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203979-fix-bricked-920s-after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

Re: Help!

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (13,463 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 5:41:18 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by geek-mom on Dec 20, 2012 at 5:48:05 PM

Talk about a quick reply! I was refreshing this page in hopes that somebody would have something for me soon Smiley Very Happy Yes, I did a reset through the settings, as I was planning on giving this phone to my son. I had no idea that doing so would ruin the phone Smiley Sad I will start working on this now and reply when I am finished. Thanks Jii!

Talk about a quick reply! I was refreshing this page in hopes that somebody would have something for me soon Smiley Very Happy Yes, I did a reset through the settings, as I was planning on giving this phone to my son. I had no idea that doing so would ruin the phone Smiley Sad I will start working on this now and reply when I am finished. Thanks Jii!

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (13,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 7:57:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

The reprogramming worked like a charm Smiley Very Happy I also installed the update that came in today and everything is now working properly. Thanks again!

The reprogramming worked like a charm Smiley Very Happy I also installed the update that came in today and everything is now working properly. Thanks again!

4 of 5 (13,430 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2012 12:40:40 AM
(0)
Professor

Anytime =P

Anytime =P