Troubleshoot your device issues
Warbird026's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 31st, 2014 2:34 PM

Group Text: Adds my number to group I'm texting and receive my own message. Lumia 1520/WP8.1/Cyan

Hello all, I've seen a couple of other questions similar to this, but I've yet to see a positive fix for this issue. When I send out a group text or when I am included in a group text, I end up getting back every message I send as if I am texting myself! I can delete the string and start a fresh group message, but it continues to happen. I have tried turning off group messaging then turning it back on, gave the phone a reset, made sure everything is up to date and nothing is working. Is anyone else that was enjoying this most agitating little scenario find a cure for it??? Is this a Windows Phone only issue?....Lumia 1520 only issue?? Can someone please help me here?? If you need more info please let me know, but I don't know what else to provide. My device performs flawlessly other than this little hiccup. Thank you all in advance!

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

I am not sure if you've gotten an answer to this question of not.  However, I too have experienced this issue as well. It is intermittent as wel.  I have researched this issue and the common denominator in all the reports I've read, is one of the phones in the Group Text is an iPhone/Apple device.  I can text groups with Android and Windows Phones. However, when I text a group that contains an iPhone, my number will be added to the group, and I will get a message from myself in the group. 

I am curious if anyone in your group has an iPhone?

If so, then the issue is an iPhone issue, not a Windows Phone.

Hope this information helps,

Peace and Agape,

Trav...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.