For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mzshortay's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 3:58 AM

Closed

Fuze Issues?

I picked up my Fuze today, right after work, and not to be too surprised that not many people had gotten this phone. It's funny how the employees were all "ohh" about it wishing they had waited instead of buying the other phones. Anywho...

1. I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  2. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  3. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  4. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:01:49 PM

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:03:04 PM

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

15 years ago

@mzshortay wrote:
I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  1. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  2. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  3. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

You can set the wallpaper using the "Settings" tab in TF3D, but that only affects the "Home" screen.  Anything more than that requires changing the theme, which requires a program that isn't installed on the device but can be found on the xda-developers site (and, no doubt, elsewhere).

1. The "Today" settings apply to the native Windows Mobile setup.  If you are using TF3D, it replaces the WM "Today" screen with the tabs you see.

2. Pulling out the stylus wakes up the phone for me.  Did you pull it all the way out?  There's a little switch just inside the mouth of the silo that senses whether the stylus is there or not -- pushing the stylus in depresses that switch.  Yours may have gotten stuck down.  Somebody mentioned freeing it up with a toothpick, or you may want to exchange your unit for another if the switch is defective.

3. I have no idea what might be going wrong with that -- I have more than a screen full of stuff when I select that button on the AT&T tab.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

15 years ago

I am having the exact same issues...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

yeah i drove to Dallas today to get my fuze and well lets see.. umm its not working right it keeps freezing and shutting off.. i did a hard reset and it worked for about an hour then started doing the same thing.. you can bet im calling at&t tomorrow to get my replacement in the mail!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Same problems here....My whole tab under programs that should be labeled "messaging" is missing... Mine keeps going to "sleep" while im in the middle of doing something...N if anyone knows the solution on how I can use my ringtone off of my micro sd storage card...that would be soo helpful...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

dude this phone is completely full of bugs!

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

15 years ago

I just got off a very lengthy talk with tech support. The woman i talked too actually went to this forum and read some of the stuff in these threads with me over the phone. She said I was only one of a few that have called in about the FUZE so far, but that it had only 'officially' come out today. The CS techs do not have a tech manual on the FUZE yet, even. She advised that I return it and get something else, or gamble my 30 day return for a software update that might come out. As far as CS's go she was very knowledgable about WM devices in general and uber cool, but was unable to solve my problem.

The more I read these threads about certain problems that exactly mirror my issues with this brand new device, the more I wonder if I should wait a few months for the bugs to work out before I get a new FUZE.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

where do you live? i didnt know you could talk to tech support this late? do you know the number? if some peoples phones are working im getting a new one sent to me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

1) in the dark, the keyboard illumination is not perfectly even, my number 2 key is really bright.

2) the freaking music stops when you turn off the screen. I want it to be like my iphone so when I click the top button, the phone goes into power save mode but continues to play music, my epix and iphone could both do this.

Scholar

• 

238 Messages

15 years ago

2) the freaking music stops when you turn off the screen. I want it to be like my iphone so when I click the top button, the phone goes into power save mode but continues to play music, my epix and iphone could both do this.

My 8525 does that and I assume the Tilt does that as well.  Sucks when I'm trying to listen to hockey games while at work, I have to lock the device and turn off the auto shut off.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

Wow, and to think that AT&T would have tried to work out all these bugs/issues before releasing the phone.
I think I may return mine tomorrow, and possibly wait a while, or just keep my tilt. The phone is nice, but half the things
that intrigued me to buy it, arent even available.

I was hoping I'd have that look that the original HTC Touch Pro has, you know the 'theme' or whateve, or to at least
be able to change it easily. Nope.
The Youtube app never connects, and neither does Internet sharing.

I accidently forgot my reciept at the store, I guess I'll just pick it up and give them this phone back.
So much for picking something up on it's release day. I guess I should have learned from what happened
with the Iphone. Smiley Sad
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.