Fuze Issues?

Re: Fuze Issues?

Wow. I am really sorry for all of you that are having trouble. I managed to purchase a manufacture version of the touch pro (still having htc themed touchflo and the front facing camera) and i havnt had any issues at all. This is definitely a case of ATT's software messing up the phone and not HTC. Be Patient though if you can. download a new rom from xda-developers cause trust me this device is great witheven the default HTC rom loaded. Att will fix it eventually though. all phones have bugs at first-release from carriers.
Message 16 of 104 (6,581 Views)
Teacher

Flawless. Just sayin
Message 17 of 104 (6,547 Views)
wmm
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author mzshortay
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

mzshortay wrote:
I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  1. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  2. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  3. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

You can set the wallpaper using the "Settings" tab in TF3D, but that only affects the "Home" screen.  Anything more than that requires changing the theme, which requires a program that isn't installed on the device but can be found on the xda-developers site (and, no doubt, elsewhere).

1. The "Today" settings apply to the native Windows Mobile setup.  If you are using TF3D, it replaces the WM "Today" screen with the tabs you see.

2. Pulling out the stylus wakes up the phone for me.  Did you pull it all the way out?  There's a little switch just inside the mouth of the silo that senses whether the stylus is there or not -- pushing the stylus in depresses that switch.  Yours may have gotten stuck down.  Somebody mentioned freeing it up with a toothpick, or you may want to exchange your unit for another if the switch is defective.

3. I have no idea what might be going wrong with that -- I have more than a screen full of stuff when I select that button on the AT&T tab.
Message 18 of 104 (6,517 Views)
Scholar

I don't have any issues with my Fuze so far, well just one which has affected (for me at least) every windows phone that had voice command which is that when I plug my earphones in the voice command automatically pops up and doesn't quit asking for a command even if I cancel it.  As far as the illumination of the keyboard, mine is brighter in the @ and the 2 but my guess is that this is where is illuminates from so it's common that this will be brighter.
Message 19 of 104 (6,516 Views)
wmm
Scholar

mzshortay wrote:

The Youtube app never connects, and neither does Internet sharing.

I had that problem with the youtube application, but it started working.

Did you sign up for a tethering plan?  They've changed the settings to prevent people from using Internet sharing without a plan.
Message 20 of 104 (6,514 Views)
Mentor

Thats the whole point ! With my tilt you dont need a tethering plan...Why should I spend $45 every month just to have this phone ?
Message 21 of 104 (6,128 Views)
Scholar

jimmynotch wrote:
I just got off a very lengthy talk with tech support. The woman i talked too actually went to this forum and read some of the stuff in these threads with me over the phone. She said I was only one of a few that have called in about the FUZE so far, but that it had only 'officially' come out today. The CS techs do not have a tech manual on the FUZE yet, even. She advised that I return it and get something else, or gamble my 30 day return for a software update that might come out. As far as CS's go she was very knowledgable about WM devices in general and uber cool, but was unable to solve my problem.

The more I read these threads about certain problems that exactly mirror my issues with this brand new device, the more I wonder if I should wait a few months for the bugs to work out before I get a new FUZE.

hmmm, I was in the AT&T store yesterday in the financial district of downtown Boston, and they still didn't have the phone (which makes perfect sense that a business phone doesn't show up at a store in the heart of the business district!) But, my sales guy there (who has always done right by me) suggested that even when they get it in I wait about 30 days to get mine. His advice was to always wait a while on the new HTC phones, the initial shipments often have too many defects in them. I've been psyched to get mine, but after hearing this advice and reading this post, I think I'm going to stay with my trusty Tilt for a month or so and let HTC/ATT and everyone work this out.
Message 22 of 104 (6,127 Views)
Master

lee1199 wrote:
Thats the whole point ! With my tilt you dont need a tethering plan...Why should I spend $45 every month just to have this phone ?

Tethering on any data plan other than the ones that include tethering is violating the Terms of Service.  If you've been doing it on your Tilt without a tethering plan, count yourself as one that's been missed in the system.  AFAIK, none of the Personal Data Plans are even provisioned for the isp.cingular APN in order to tether.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Message 23 of 104 (6,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
Most of the issues you guys seem to be having are software issues.  Most of these problems, especially the ones causing "lag", can be solved by installing and properly setting up Schap's advanced configuration tool 3.3 the you can get off the XDA Developers site.  Just use Goolgle to find the tool. 

Message Edited by climber1872000 on 11-12-2008 09:16:07 AM
Message 24 of 104 (6,024 Views)

I highly recommend those that are having lag issues (I was one of them) to download the configuration tool. I have downloaded and have enabled performance 1 and 2 and have seen an incredible difference. You will be happy with the results!!!!!! My only issues that I have yet to solve is the left and right directional pad!!!!!
Message 25 of 104 (6,005 Views)

To turn off the fuze, you have to hold down the power button right ? Mine wont turn off :/
Message 26 of 104 (5,999 Views)
Explorer

You can get the BBConnect cab here:
http://www.sems.org/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=276

Be sure and use the *.103 version because versions lower than *.100 won't work with WM6.1
Message 27 of 104 (5,979 Views)
Teacher

For the record, I've had my Fuze since Monday 11/10 and have none of the issues mentioned.  In fact, other than my data connection not working at first (a call to tech support, some tweaks, and a reboot fixed it), I've had ZERO issues with the Fuze.  I'm loving it.  Beats the crap outta my old 8125.
Message 28 of 104 (5,970 Views)
Scholar

DRANDERSON918 wrote:
I highly recommend those that are having lag issues (I was one of them) to download the configuration tool. I have downloaded and have enabled performance 1 and 2 and have seen an incredible difference. You will be happy with the results!!!!!! My only issues that I have yet to solve is the left and right directional pad!!!!!

Does that mean you need to upgrade your device to NET Compact Framework 3.5 to get the advanced configuration tool to work?
Message 29 of 104 (5,900 Views)
Mentor

Getting the software isnt really the issue, we all can find it. The problem beyond the software is that ATT has not provisioned the IMEI #'s and PIN #'s of the FUZE units to work on their network to register the devices to make them work with the software.
Message 30 of 104 (5,889 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.