Troubleshoot your device issues
mzshortay's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 3:58 AM

Closed

Fuze Issues?

I picked up my Fuze today, right after work, and not to be too surprised that not many people had gotten this phone. It's funny how the employees were all "ohh" about it wishing they had waited instead of buying the other phones. Anywho...

1. I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  2. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  3. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  4. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:01:49 PM

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:03:04 PM

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

15 years ago

mzshortay wrote:

arwen wrote:
Do you have a case on the phone? I have the black plastic 2 piece case from AT&T, and had the same issue. It seems the case puts some pressure on the upper part of the screen, enough to activate the Start button. When that is activated by the case, the screen does not respond to touch from my finger. I have just done this: heated up the offending corner of the case a little bit with a hair dryer, and flexed it outward from the back on the offending corner. The idea is to change the shape just enough so it does not put pressure on the screen. So far, it is working. If it doesn't, I'll return the case to the AT&T store.

I really don't understand how that would apply to my post, if it was directed to me. It would ring like that when it was in my hand or sitting on my desk. The case didn't matter. I think it was some software issue with that phone. I brought it back due to that, and the screen going scrambly white.

Mzshortay: Sorry, my post was a response to Smurfette. I only just figured out how to quote a post I am responding to.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

@RobPaek wrote:
I downloaded Schaps but it said I needed to have 3.5.  I'm having problems getting my Vista machine to recognize the Fuze for Active Sync.  I used Mobile Device Center successfully over Bluetooth once, and that was it.  Grrrr

Issues with syncing to a Vista device has already been listed here on the forums.  All you have to do is read around a little.

Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC > If you have Activesync selected, uncheck the box labeled 'enable advanced network functionality'

You should have no issues syncing after that.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

15 years ago

Has anyone figured out a way to get Device Lock to work with TF3D? I don't know that I really need it, since putting the phone to sleep seems to work pretty well, but in the off chance that the phone comes active without my knowing I'd rather be able to have device lock as well. Thanks.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

15 years ago

How do i put all my Files, Folders, Audio & Video
for my 8gb on my New 16gb

Tryed to copy all the contents, but it does not save on my Desktop
so that i could copy it on my New Card
I tryed to copy all the Content together

Will i have to do 1 folder at a Time 😞

Anyone knows whats the best way Please

Message Edited by lordvader on 12-02-2008 05:54:40 PM

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

justidme wrote:
Has anyone figured out a way to get Device Lock to work with TF3D? I don't know that I really need it, since putting the phone to sleep seems to work pretty well, but in the off chance that the phone comes active without my knowing I'd rather be able to have device lock as well. Thanks.

Hold down the call end button [right button] for about 3-5 seconds, it should lock the phone.

I think there's a setting somewhere for that, if not, it's default.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

15 years ago

lordvader wrote:
How do i put all my Files, Folders, Audio & Video
for my 8gb on my New 16gb

Tryed to copy all the contents, but it does not save on my Desktop
so that i could copy it on my New Card
I tryed to copy all the Content together

Will i have to do 1 folder at a Time 😞

Anyone knows whats the best way Please

Use SpriteBackup (comes on your phone) to backup the contents of your storage card to your phone. Insert your new card, and restore the file.

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

Use SpriteBackup (comes on your phone) to backup the contents of your storage card to your phone. Insert your new card, and restore the file.

Won't be enough space available on phone.
On your PC, create a new folder in "my documents" - you can call it Storage Card
Then using active sync, go to "explore" on the storage card of your PC and copy all data to the new folder on your PC - you can copy all at once, or, go folder by folder from your PPC to your PC.
Then insert new micro SD, and reverse process.
I have done this on many occasions, without any problem.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

Your post was some time ago but i thought I'd reply anyways. Yes- I had to choose COM4. Go to settings/choose External GPS/ Programs Tab and select Com4. Tha got it to work for me in Live search. The only problem I have with the live search on the Fuse is that the resolution is such that you cannot read the streets. ANy suggestions?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

When I use the ATT Nav program and try to utilize speech to imput information it says to hold the enter key. using the enter key from the touch screen in the Phone Key pad mode only registers 0's on the screen and does not activate the microphone. If i use the slide out querty it will work but only if I turn off keyboard taps. When driving I do not want to use anything other than what I can use with without having to type in information. Anyone found a fix for this?

Message Edited by karatche on 12-02-2008 11:29:46 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Does anyone know how to turn on the "message sent" notification for text messages.  On my 8125, when I sent a text message I got a confirmation at the bottom of the screen in a pop up box. Going to Menu-Tools-Options does not work. I tried to set it up under Sounds & Notifications but there is no drop down option in Event for "Text message sent" just MMS sent, which didnt work either.

I thought it may not be an option because of the "conversation" feature, but I just wanted to double check.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.