Troubleshoot your device issues
mzshortay's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 3:58 AM

Closed

Fuze Issues?

I picked up my Fuze today, right after work, and not to be too surprised that not many people had gotten this phone. It's funny how the employees were all "ohh" about it wishing they had waited instead of buying the other phones. Anywho...

1. I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  2. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  3. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  4. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:01:49 PM

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:03:04 PM

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

@rbc1225 wrote:
The only problem I seem to have is a sync problem. Sometimes it syncs up just fine others it does not. It takes a couple times to plug it in and it finally syncs up. I believe it has something to do with the phone not recognizing when the device is plugged in. I notice when I plug it in sometimes the 3g designation stays on and thus no sync. Other times it goes directly to the arrows pointing different directions indicating it is trying to sync. Hope they come out with a fix sometime.

You might want to try this & see if it helps your sync issues.

Settings > Connections > USB to PC.  You should have the Activesync enabled.  You might want to try unchecking the box for Enable advanced network functionality.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

15 years ago

@goggin wrote:
I am having the problem now with the stylus not waking up the phone, what is ATTs replacement policy? Do I have to gather all of the accessories up or will they just swap out the phone? or will they have us go through htc?

Just an FYI...the stylus waking up the unit feature works for me...

That feature works by means of a microswitch near the mouth of the stylus silo.  If you look inside with a flashlight, you'll see a small switch that is supposed to pop up when you remove the stylus.  Some people have reported it getting stuck in the depressed position and that they have been able to free it with a toothpick.  If not, then you should definitely exchange your phone for a working unit.

(I don't know AT&T's replacement policy.)

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

@antiprodigy wrote:

@rbc1225 wrote:
The only problem I seem to have is a sync problem. Sometimes it syncs up just fine others it does not. It takes a couple times to plug it in and it finally syncs up. I believe it has something to do with the phone not recognizing when the device is plugged in. I notice when I plug it in sometimes the 3g designation stays on and thus no sync. Other times it goes directly to the arrows pointing different directions indicating it is trying to sync. Hope they come out with a fix sometime.

You might want to try this & see if it helps your sync issues.

Settings > Connections > USB to PC.  You should have the Activesync enabled.  You might want to try unchecking the box for Enable advanced network functionality.

I think I figured out my problem, at least here on my work machine. I have Blackice running as a firewall. I turn that off and it syncs just fine. I will see what I have at home that is screwing it up there. I am sure it is something going. Thanks for your input

Message Edited by rbc1225 on 11-14-2008 01:11:36 PM

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

I am having an issue when typing, i am not getting any word suggestions and i have gone through the settings and made sure that is active, any suggestions?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

15 years ago

@VETTEPC123 wrote:
I am having an issue when typing, i am not getting any word suggestions and i have gone through the settings and made sure that is active, any suggestions?

@gmfeld wrote:
found my own fix if anyone else is having this problem.  Issue solved.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=441656&highlight=word+completion

I went to this link and tried their solution but it didn't work for me.  Instead, when you're in a doc or message and using the touch keyboard, if you touch the arrow next to the keyboard icon (bottom center of screen) a menu pops up.  At the top of the menu is "Touch Input Settings".  If you click on that you can check the boxes next to the options you want to use.  This only works for the input options that are preinstalled.  I installed SPB keyboard and I can't get word completion to work though.

Also, does anyone know how to get word completion to work with the slide out keyboard.  I'm having no luck.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

15 years ago

I turn the volume button all the way up, but still I can barely hear the caller.

Same hear. It's up full but hardly anything audible. The rear speaker and music/video playing is fair to good. ( and WHY would someone put a speaker on the back of something you watch on the front!?) Head phones are good and strong, but that ear speaker stinks! Anyone other that gadgetgurl and me having this problem - got a fix?? Thanks,  ed

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

15 years ago

Need help too
Does the Att Fuze have Call etticate ?

whene the phone is ring you just turn it over & becomes silent
how to activate that Plz ?
anyone knows

How top change the Favorites in Flip Contacts

Also having issues playing Videos with core playerwhen playing a Movie of 700mbit gives me a freeze picture but voloume of the movie keeps playing Is it better to get the Touch Pro ?
Cos of Warranty its easier to walk into a Att store & get a exchange if Phone freezes or has problems, also Price its cheaper,
What am i really looseing not getting the HTC touch Pro ?

Like Verizon has - Chaperone
wish Att gets it too
or is there a similar software we can use for that ?
anyone knows

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

Hi Semlohde,

I'm embrassed to say I fixed my audio problem. I had put a screen protector all the way over the speaker..opps lol Just letting you know, in case you did the same 😉

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

15 years ago

I don't know if it is the same as the in Fuze as it is in the Tilt, but you have to adjust your call speaker phone while making a call.
During a call, touch the speaker phone icon on the top bar and adjust it like normal

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

Might be quite silly of a question, but I find that on the keyboard, one of the important symbols was left out
The ' key is not on the keyboard. I really prefer to use the qwerty than the on screen, but trying to type words like
don't, can't, etc. can't be done correctly. Lol... I wonder if anyone else noticed this?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.