Troubleshoot your device issues
mzshortay's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 3:58 AM

Closed

Fuze Issues?

I picked up my Fuze today, right after work, and not to be too surprised that not many people had gotten this phone. It's funny how the employees were all "ohh" about it wishing they had waited instead of buying the other phones. Anywho...

1. I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  2. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  3. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  4. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:01:49 PM

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:03:04 PM

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

>No Blackberry Connect software either.
>
>This is a deal breaker... The unit goes back first thing in the morning.
>
>by lee1199

When you get a new device, it is suggested that you might want to do a thorough search of the device first.

Start > Programs > Messaging > Get Blackberry Connect.

You might want to try that and see what you get, before you return the device.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

15 years ago

@antiprodigy wrote:
>No Blackberry Connect software either.
>
>This is a deal breaker... The unit goes back first thing in the morning.
>
>by lee1199

When you get a new device, it is suggested that you might want to do a thorough search of the device first.

Start > Programs > Messaging > Get Blackberry Connect.

You might want to try that and see what you get, before you return the device.

I tried this yesterday and got the coming soon message.  It does launch opera and directs you to htc's site.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

Fuze issues.

Phone sync's with the work laptop (XP & Activesync 4.5).  However, it will not sync with the desktop at home (Vista Business).  Any guesses?
Also, neither Google Maps, nor Live Search are able to access the GPS.  Is there something that needs to be enabled prior to it working?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

@climber1872000 wrote:
You don't need to upgrade to .net compact 3.5, the 3.5 is the latest release of .net frame compact which is already cooked into AT&T's WM6.1 Rom.  You only have to install the schap's advanced configuration tool on your devices main memory (not your memory card).  The main tweeks you are looking to change are the tweeks under the performance tab, mainly the file system cache.  I have mine set on 4mb the higher you set this setting the faster your fuze will run.  I have provided a screen shot of my device showing the performance specs I have set for mine and it runs FAST!! 

Actually, according to a post linked on www.fuzemobility.com, it indicates that WM 6.1 does not have .NET Compact 3.5 installed.  It also tells you the file you can look at to see if it does. ( mine did not) So, in order to use some of the newer apps, you will need to install 3.5. 

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

15 years ago

@antiprodigy wrote:
Fuze issues.

Phone sync's with the work laptop (XP & Activesync 4.5).  However, it will not sync with the desktop at home (Vista Business).  Any guesses?
Also, neither Google Maps, nor Live Search are able to access the GPS.  Is there something that needs to be enabled prior to it working?

Here is my experience, I was certainly frustrated until I got it to work.  However, I'm not sure of the exact steps to make it work here, but I do try to recreate the steps I took:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2899803&postcount=119

Some have tried this and it works, and some have tried and it's still not working.

If you can nail it down, let us know!  ( had 8-10 satellites on my drive after work today on GM and it worked GREAT!)

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

To follow-up on the issues I previously posted about...

I went back to the AT&T store today where I purchased my phone. Funny thing is, I guess I had a new employee helping me cause he barely even understood what I was talking about and I think he never even used a windows mobile phone before. Also, when I spoke to another guy, I asked if they were trained on these phones. Funny...he said they normally are but they JUST got these phones in, as of yesterday, so it's tottally new to them, but many of the employees like what they see. I was also told, there isn't even a tutorial available for them yet. Basically, if you go to a store for help, it's not guarenteed.

As for the issues I had, most of them were corrected when I was given a new phone. I guess the software was messed up on the phone, for the whole AT&T apps folder was empty! My new phone is working great. I'm considering keeping it now. I just only wish that the TouchFlo today screen was customizable. Why would I want the calendar right there, when it's already set at the bottom tab? Such a mistake AT&T!! Smiley Indifferent

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

I just purchased the new AT&T Fuze, but I am having a problem with the Music application in TouchFlo 3D. I am wondering why it won't display the album art for some of my albums? I have about 3GB of WMA files that I synced (using Windows Vista/Windows Media Player 11). On my Fuze, ALL of the album art shows up when I play music using Media Player Mobile. However, when I play music through TouchFlo 3D (which I would prefer to do), the artwork does NOT show up for most of the albums; only a small portion. Does anyone know why this is? And how I can fix it?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

@antiprodigy wrote:
Fuze issues.

Update to my post.  Still no GPS despite fiddling with the options under external GPS & in Google Maps.  Seems to be mixed  views, some successful on com0, some on com4.  Neither working for me yet.  I will try Quick GPS later.

As for the syn issues.  I was able to fix the issue with connecting to Vista Business.  Settings > Connections > USB to PC.  I unchecked the box for Enable advanced network functionality.  worked with no problems after that.  I hope I don't have an issue with the work laptop tomorrow morning.

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

@antiprodigy wrote:

@climber1872000 wrote:
You don't need to upgrade to .net compact 3.5, the 3.5 is the latest release of .net frame compact which is already cooked into AT&T's WM6.1 Rom.  You only have to install the schap's advanced configuration tool on your devices main memory (not your memory card).  The main tweeks you are looking to change are the tweeks under the performance tab, mainly the file system cache.  I have mine set on 4mb the higher you set this setting the faster your fuze will run.  I have provided a screen shot of my device showing the performance specs I have set for mine and it runs FAST!! 

Actually, according to a post linked on www.fuzemobility.com, it indicates that WM 6.1 does not have .NET Compact 3.5 installed.  It also tells you the file you can look at to see if it does. ( mine did not) So, in order to use some of the newer apps, you will need to install 3.5. 

That's exactly what I was referring to. And I downloaded the advanced config tool and it wouldn't work for me. Here's the link to that posting: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=470 and to a second more detailed post: http://tiltmobility.com/2008/09/how-to-install-net-compact-framework-35/ I checked my file as instructed and I came up as having NET Frame 2.0. So, I would rather not have to deal with this, but it looks like I will. Antiprodigy, did your device come with 3.5 out of the box?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

What did u download to fix the lag?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.