For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mzshortay's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 3:58 AM

Closed

Fuze Issues?

I picked up my Fuze today, right after work, and not to be too surprised that not many people had gotten this phone. It's funny how the employees were all "ohh" about it wishing they had waited instead of buying the other phones. Anywho...

1. I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  2. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  3. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  4. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:01:49 PM

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:03:04 PM

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

@jimmynotch wrote:
I just got off a very lengthy talk with tech support. The woman i talked too actually went to this forum and read some of the stuff in these threads with me over the phone. She said I was only one of a few that have called in about the FUZE so far, but that it had only 'officially' come out today. The CS techs do not have a tech manual on the FUZE yet, even. She advised that I return it and get something else, or gamble my 30 day return for a software update that might come out. As far as CS's go she was very knowledgable about WM devices in general and uber cool, but was unable to solve my problem.

The more I read these threads about certain problems that exactly mirror my issues with this brand new device, the more I wonder if I should wait a few months for the bugs to work out before I get a new FUZE.

hmmm, I was in the AT&T store yesterday in the financial district of downtown Boston, and they still didn't have the phone (which makes perfect sense that a business phone doesn't show up at a store in the heart of the business district!) But, my sales guy there (who has always done right by me) suggested that even when they get it in I wait about 30 days to get mine. His advice was to always wait a while on the new HTC phones, the initial shipments often have too many defects in them. I've been psyched to get mine, but after hearing this advice and reading this post, I think I'm going to stay with my trusty Tilt for a month or so and let HTC/ATT and everyone work this out.

Master

• 

3K Messages

15 years ago

lee1199 wrote:
Thats the whole point ! With my tilt you dont need a tethering plan...Why should I spend $45 every month just to have this phone ?

Tethering on any data plan other than the ones that include tethering is violating the Terms of Service.  If you've been doing it on your Tilt without a tethering plan, count yourself as one that's been missed in the system.  AFAIK, none of the Personal Data Plans are even provisioned for the isp.cingular APN in order to tether.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

15 years ago

Most of the issues you guys seem to be having are software issues.  Most of these problems, especially the ones causing "lag", can be solved by installing and properly setting up Schap's advanced configuration tool 3.3 the you can get off the XDA Developers site.  Just use Goolgle to find the tool. 

Message Edited by climber1872000 on 11-12-2008 09:16:07 AM

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

I highly recommend those that are having lag issues (I was one of them) to download the configuration tool. I have downloaded and have enabled performance 1 and 2 and have seen an incredible difference. You will be happy with the results!!!!!! My only issues that I have yet to solve is the left and right directional pad!!!!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

To turn off the fuze, you have to hold down the power button right ? Mine wont turn off 😕

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

You can get the BBConnect cab here:
http://www.sems.org/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=276

Be sure and use the *.103 version because versions lower than *.100 won't work with WM6.1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

For the record, I've had my Fuze since Monday 11/10 and have none of the issues mentioned.  In fact, other than my data connection not working at first (a call to tech support, some tweaks, and a reboot fixed it), I've had ZERO issues with the Fuze.  I'm loving it.  Beats the crap outta my old 8125.

Scholar

• 

295 Messages

15 years ago

@DRANDERSON918 wrote:
I highly recommend those that are having lag issues (I was one of them) to download the configuration tool. I have downloaded and have enabled performance 1 and 2 and have seen an incredible difference. You will be happy with the results!!!!!! My only issues that I have yet to solve is the left and right directional pad!!!!!

Does that mean you need to upgrade your device to NET Compact Framework 3.5 to get the advanced configuration tool to work?

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

15 years ago

Getting the software isnt really the issue, we all can find it. The problem beyond the software is that ATT has not provisioned the IMEI #'s and PIN #'s of the FUZE units to work on their network to register the devices to make them work with the software.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

15 years ago

You don't need to upgrade to .net compact 3.5, the 3.5 is the latest release of .net frame compact which is already cooked into AT&T's WM6.1 Rom.  You only have to install the schap's advanced configuration tool on your devices main memory (not your memory card).  The main tweeks you are looking to change are the tweeks under the performance tab, mainly the file system cache.  I have mine set on 4mb the higher you set this setting the faster your fuze will run.  I have provided a screen shot of my device showing the performance specs I have set for mine and it runs FAST!! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.