Troubleshoot your device issues
mzshortay's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 3:58 AM

Closed

Fuze Issues?

I picked up my Fuze today, right after work, and not to be too surprised that not many people had gotten this phone. It's funny how the employees were all "ohh" about it wishing they had waited instead of buying the other phones. Anywho...

1. I thought it was possible to change the background on the Fuze by default [w/o installing any cab files, etc.]?
  2. Also, when I tried to change things on my today screen, such as putting the device lock on the today screen, it never shows up. When I go back into the settings, the box is unchecked, repeatedly. I can not get this to work.
  3. And I thought when the stylus was pulled out, it was supposed to wake up my device? Is there any settings for this, or what?
  4. Lastly, I know most people don't care, but when I went into the AT&T tab, and selected the Games & Apps folder, it was empty. Is this the same for everyone?

Can my phone be defective? I think this phone is nice, certainly something that I'd have to get used to, but I'm questioning if I rather keep my tilt or not. Help!

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:01:49 PM

Message Edited by mzshortay on 11-11-2008 10:03:04 PM

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

15 years ago

Caliban007 wrote:

2) the freaking music stops when you turn off the screen. I want it to be like my iphone so when I click the top button, the phone goes into power save mode but continues to play music, my epix and iphone could both do this.

My 8525 does that and I assume the Tilt does that as well.  Sucks when I'm trying to listen to hockey games while at work, I have to lock the device and turn off the auto shut off.

No, at least not my Tilt. I play music and put it to sleep all the time, it always continues to play for me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

figured it out somewhat, it has to sense headphones in 🙂 then it continues to play, I wonder how this will work with bluetooth headphones?

Still kinda bothered by the uneven keyboard illumination, does anyone else have this? If its common I dont mind. lol.

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

15 years ago

Mine is brighter towards the top of the keyboard and then dims down and to the outsides.

Internet sharing is also disabled.

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

15 years ago

No Blackberry Connect software either.

This is a deal breaker... The unit goes back first thing in the morning.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

15 years ago

Add that it constantly disconnects from Activ-sync after about 5 minutes.... Argh! this is frustrating.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Wow. I am really sorry for all of you that are having trouble. I managed to purchase a manufacture version of the touch pro (still having htc themed touchflo and the front facing camera) and i havnt had any issues at all. This is definitely a case of ATT's software messing up the phone and not HTC. Be Patient though if you can. download a new rom from xda-developers cause trust me this device is great witheven the default HTC rom loaded. Att will fix it eventually though. all phones have bugs at first-release from carriers.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

15 years ago

Flawless. Just sayin

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

15 years ago

I don't have any issues with my Fuze so far, well just one which has affected (for me at least) every windows phone that had voice command which is that when I plug my earphones in the voice command automatically pops up and doesn't quit asking for a command even if I cancel it.  As far as the illumination of the keyboard, mine is brighter in the @ and the 2 but my guess is that this is where is illuminates from so it's common that this will be brighter.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

15 years ago

@mzshortay wrote:

The Youtube app never connects, and neither does Internet sharing.

I had that problem with the youtube application, but it started working.

Did you sign up for a tethering plan?  They've changed the settings to prevent people from using Internet sharing without a plan.

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

15 years ago

Thats the whole point ! With my tilt you dont need a tethering plan...Why should I spend $45 every month just to have this phone ?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.