Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 21, 2010
8:53:38 AM
Focus Keeps Reformatting....

Is anyone else having this issue?  My Focus keeps reformatting itself and going make to the factory defaults...along with deleting everything...apps, contacts, e-mails, pics, etc.  I have had the extra SD card put in by the sales rep at A T & T.  Also, this is my second phone now...the first Focus kept reformatting once a day, just thought I had a bad phone.  But now the new phone is doing it too....anyone else? 

Is anyone else having this issue?  My Focus keeps reformatting itself and going make to the factory defaults...along with deleting everything...apps, contacts, e-mails, pics, etc.  I have had the extra SD card put in by the sales rep at A T & T.  Also, this is my second phone now...the first Focus kept reformatting once a day, just thought I had a bad phone.  But now the new phone is doing it too....anyone else? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2010 9:30:38 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by prubin on Nov 21, 2010 at 9:33:01 AM

I have had this occur twice.

Both times, I was able to restore by pulling the battery out, taking out the SD card, and reinserting it (making sure that it "seats" properly), and powering up the phone. On the two occasions, phone was then restored back to my preferences rather than factory default.

I should mention that both times this happened, I had "tethered" Focus to PC for syncing with Zune to install new apps. Once, the phone "reset" itself. The other time, I soft reset to have apps and other changes that I made, show up. (I have found that without soft reset, sometimes newly installed apps, or other changes made to phone will not appear.)

Also, you should check to make sure that your SD card is one that will work:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=834144

I suspect that there was some "conflict" between newly installed apps, tethering, and, perhaps, other changes that I made to device.

But now, I am not having any problems.

Accepted Solution

Focus Keeps Reformatting....

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2010 9:30:38 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by prubin on Nov 21, 2010 at 9:33:01 AM

Both times, I was able to restore by pulling the battery out, taking out the SD card, and reinserting it (making sure that it "seats" properly), and powering up the phone. On the two occasions, phone was then restored back to my preferences rather than factory default.

I should mention that both times this happened, I had "tethered" Focus to PC for syncing with Zune to install new apps. Once, the phone "reset" itself. The other time, I soft reset to have apps and other changes that I made, show up. (I have found that without soft reset, sometimes newly installed apps, or other changes made to phone will not appear.)

I suspect that there was some "conflict" between newly installed apps, tethering, and, perhaps, other changes that I made to device.

Re: Focus Keeps Reformatting....

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,246 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2010 9:49:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

That worked!!!  How odd....and last night I did tether my phone to the PC to add some apps.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Davis

That worked!!!  How odd....and last night I did tether my phone to the PC to add some apps.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Davis

Re: Focus Keeps Reformatting....

3 of 3 (1,231 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments