Troubleshoot your device issues
MikeinLubbock's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, June 11th, 2015 5:43 PM

Denim for Lumia 635

Is it true the Denim update is being released?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@MikeinLubbock wrote:

No updates received. I do have the Go Phone version but it is on a regular ATT account. Hopefully ATT will eventually release some information. Might just have to go back to Android and keep a rooted phone so this issue wont be such a bother.

chose your device carefully if you are going back to android.  Some phones cant be rooted.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Told by ATT Tech Support (Nokia) to install the Microsoft Recovery Tool on my computer and let it reset the phone and it would reload the latest software. Has anyone done this and if so did it install Denim? Not sure why this has to be done.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I checked the software update page. All I got is the update should be pushed on Jun 9th. But my Lumia 635 stays on cyan till today. Does that have something to do with my prepaid plan? Or where could I find any instructions please?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

The above link is to the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. This is what Nokia told me to use to update the phone to Denim. I have not tried it due to not being able to get a good answer on how it will update the phone. Will it update to the latest version released by Micorsoft or by AT&T. Seems to be some confusion on just what AT&T intends to do about updating the Lumia 635 but everything I have read is they will have to update the phone it they intend to upgrade to Windows 10, which is what I am waiting for to see if I like using a Windows phone over Android.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Tried it. It just brings your phone back to Lumia Cyan. Still there till now.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I tried the program but have been able to get it to recongnize my phone. At lease we know now what it til do. I guess we are back to square one and waiting.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I also have the go phone Lumia 635 sku6560A..its the only phone of this type that I have ever owned...and if I can't get the denim upgrade...I will get rid of it... I can go to the Microsoft store and buy a lumia640 pure phone(un-branded) and use it on go phone service😊 and it will work! I like the Microsoft platform. That's why I bought the 635...😊

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I like the windows platform too. I have switched from android and have enjoyed the 635 but if AT&T is not going to update it then I wll get another phone. I really think their priority is on Android and IOS and Windows is an after thought when it comes to updates. To bad too, the 635 is a good phone for a very good price.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

OK I went to AT&T and they led me to Microsoft Store.

What the associate of Microsoft just checked their on-sale gophone version Lumia 635 and it was still on Cyan too.

We do need Denim to update to Windows 10 he said. And all we can do now is to wait for AT&T to push the update.

AT&T 'MIGHT' be pushing the Denim update BEFORE the Windows 10 update. So seems like we will get Denim when others got their Windows 10.Smiley Sad

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Ok,about 9-24or 25,I talked to ATT support it was a she,I asked her about the Denim upgrade..she was honest and said she wasn't sure how it worked. So she (while I was on the phone) called Nokia support(MS) and let me ask them about the upgrade. She said they released it in batches and that I need to be patient...So on 9-30 I got a notice on my phone that there was an upgrade..I was able to do it then. But it wasn't Denim upgrade,I really don't know what it was...or what it did.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.