For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
hseymour86's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 20th, 2015 6:43 PM

Denim Update REQUIRED to get Windows 10 for Phones

I have a Lumia 925. Not only have I been waiting patiently for the Denim Update, but I am also waiting for Windows 10. Well, I just read two discouraging things, first being that someone had posted that they heard from an ATT Employee that ATT has 0 intentions on offering the Denim Update to phones other than Lumia 1020 and 1520. I don't know whether or not that's true, but I wouldn't doubt it...considering T-Mobile and Verizon have had the Update for months.
I'm always reading posts from people saying, "what's the big deal?" And blah blah blah, it's only a small update with camera improvements and "Hey, Cortana!". Which leads me to the second discouraging thing.
MICROSOFT WILL NOT ALLOW LUMIA PHONE TO RECIEVE WINDOWS 10 FOR PHONES WITHOUT THE DENIM UPDATE! I could have lived with just 8.1 Delevopers Preview, but know I learn that a device I'm locked into for 2 years can't receive one of the biggest updates that a Windows Phone fan could ever want.
I just want to know why one of the largest carriers out there, with the most loyal customers, I might add, is taking so long to offer a software update to phones that has been approved for months??????? Haven't we (Windows Phoners) suffered enough????!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello there! @hseymour86 Thanks for posting your update questions.

We understand the importance of getting the latest software updates.  At this time we do not have a timeframe for the Denim release for The Lumia 925. Please feel free to visit our update site at www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp for the most up to date releases.

We apologize for any incontinence this may have caused.

Thanks!

Charise

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

9 years ago

While I am also awaiting Denim to be released for several of my phones, I wouldn't worry about the upcoming Windows 10 release just yet. I haven't heard any announcement that Denim would be required for the Windows 10 update.

In fact, I've heard many unofficial statements to the contrary based on the fact that the Windows 10 insider preview can currently be installed on Lumia phones without Denim. In fact, I already have the Windows 10 preview running on my old AT&T Lumia 920.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I read that it would be required in order to upgrade, I read it on a Microsoft website, however I hope I'm wrong.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare wrote:

Hello there! @@hseymour86Thanks for posting your update questions.

We understand the importance of getting the latest software updates.  At this time we do not have a timeframe for the Denim release for The Lumia 925. Please feel free to visit our update site at www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp for the most up to date releases.

We apologize for any incontinence this may have caused.

Thanks!

Charise

You do realize this same answer has been given for months now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Figure out which service and phone is accepting the things you want and purchase it it will save you alot of stress my friend God speed even if it means leaving At&t. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

If your phon is one that has been blessed by Microsoft for Windows 10 I might have a work around for Denim. I have it on 635 gophone. it is really quite easy. I can load it over and over.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I does not sound like AT&T has any intention of releasing the Denim update for 920, which is a shame since many of us are the original "early adopters" and received our Lumia 920 on LAUNCH DAY 2-1/2 years ago!!! Thanks AT&T! We can feel the love...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

even apple does not support 2.5 year old phones with new features.  The iphone 4 and 4s are prime examples and even the 5.

Android is the same way 18 month update window is about it.  Lollipop was strung out to 2 years on some phones.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

Why do not you post the "easy" work around  method, so maybe you can help some poor souls here, me included!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Jan. 5, 2016 and still ATT has a choke hold on allowing the Denim update. Why? I've been with ATT since 1994. I guess it's time for a divorce.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.