Troubleshoot your device issues
Huskieman's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 5:12 PM

Cricket to AT&T

Anyone know if an unlocked Cricket Windows 650 phone will work with AT&T?  If so will I have WIFI calling with AT&T.   I live in Stephenson County in Northwestern Illinois and get hardly any coverage with Cricket.  Green County in Southern Wisconsin is the same way.  Frankly, I am a little suprised they sell these (Cricket) phones in this area, now that I have one, I am finding more and more people who have similar problems and have had to migrate over to other carriers. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Cricket is owned by AT&T. Only if those are partner towers in those areas would there be any difference. The phone, if unlocked will work fine with AT&T. However, wifi calling is only available on certain phones and the windows phone is not one of the phones that will work with wifi calling.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'd like to correct something the ACE Expert said. Windows phones do have WiFi calling. Maybe you haven't used a windows phone in the past 5 years or so, but they have all the modern ammenities. I have a Lumia 640 and use WiFi calling whenever I have a secure connection, such as my home and work.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Michael 317,

So if I understand you correctly, If I take my Lumia 650 over to AT&T from
Cricket, I will be able to use the 'WIFI calling' feature? Is it the phone
itself that permits one to have WIFI calling (providing the carrier allows
it)? That's what it sounds like, I never knew that before. I thought if
the carrier featured WIFI calling, that any phone with WIFI could make calls
using WIFI. Thanks for enlightening me!

Thank You,

Huskieman

Hi, Huskieman.

We thought you'd like to know that Michael317 (Contributor) posted a new
reply in Windows R
Phone on 10-21-2016 5:45:45 AM :

_____

Cricket to AT
334> &T

I'd like to correct something the ACE Expert said. Windows phones do have
WiFi calling. Maybe you haven't used a windows phone in the past 5 years or
so, but they have all the modern ammenities. I have a Lumia 640 and use WiFi
calling whenever I have a secure connection, such as my home and work.

m.com?subject=Re:%20Cricket%20to%20AT&T&body=%0A%0A%23%23-%20Please%20type%2
0your%20reply%20above%20this%20line%20-%23%23> | Accept as Solution
=cng.prod%7Cfcb00c37%7Ce8241d4b-4a44-454b-83e9-54c348a754bf&dest_url=https%3
A%2F%2Fforums.att.com%2Ft5%2FWindows-Phone%2FCricket-to-AT-amp-T%2Fm-p%2F495
6096%23M29334&ticket=CyH7vRYS9IeC_3647991>

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Michael317 wrote:

I'd like to correct something the ACE Expert said. Windows phones do have WiFi calling. Maybe you haven't used a windows phone in the past 5 years or so, but they have all the modern ammenities. I have a Lumia 640 and use WiFi calling whenever I have a secure connection, such as my home and work.

@Michael317

NO ATT DOES NOT HAVE WIFI CALLING ON WINDOWS PHONE THRU YOUR PHONE NUMBER....  THAT is a fact.  ATT has wifi calling for 14 phones and they are either apple or android....  

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/wifi-calling.html

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1063258

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/cellphones.html?taxoFeatures=Wi-Fi-CALLING

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@Huskieman does your Cricket Lumia 650 have the Wi-Fi calling feature enabled?

@Michael317 can you explain how you are using Wi-Fi calling on the Lumia 640? One of the devices I have is an AT&T Lumia 640 LTE and Wi-Fi calling is not enabled on it. Yes Windows Phones support Wi-Fi calling if the carrier allows it. AT&T has to the very best of my knowledge not enabled this on any of the Lumia Phones.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

The phone I had before the lumia 650 was a 635, and the carrier was T Mobile.  I responded to a deal Cricket had on the 650, but have found Cricket's coverage in my area is atrocious (Northwestern Illinois - Southeastern Wisconsin).  With the 635 and T Mobile I could at least use WIFI calling to make up for alot of huge holes in thier coverage.  I was hoping the Cricket 650 would solve the problem.  But, I didn't do my research, and discovered too late that Cricket's coverage was even worse in this area, and they don't have WIFI calling, period!  So I am stuck with the 650 (that I really like), but I can't even make or receive calls from my home and it drops calls elsewhere in my area constantly .  Apparently I have no recourse other than to go over to US Cellular or Verizon, the two carriers that have the best coverage in my area.  Neither will accept the 650 however so I will have to eat the phone cost, and buy another.  Or I could to go back to T Mobile, they tell me the 650 will work with T Mobile.  But then I would be back at point A.  I sure wish other carriers than Verizon and US Cellular worked in this area, I have not had the best of luck with either in the past regarding customer service and billing.  Thank you all for the help, I at least understand where I stand at this point.  What we need for this area are satellites instead of towers, probably not feasible, but sure sounds like a good idea to me.  Again thanks to all for the help.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

..........the area I am in is Southwestern Wisconsin and Northwestern Illinois (Freeport, IL. - Monroe, WI area).  In a previous post I mistakenly said Southeastern Wisconsin.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Huskieman

yelp that area is a verizon and uscc area.  I have att and we goto new glaurus all the time and only get 2g at the brewery.  Once you get farther north towards madison your good to go.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.