Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 20, 2013
12:07:48 PM
View profile
[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Dec 9, 2014 at 12:56:33 PM

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 9, 2014 1:03:57 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello everyone, the device unlock policies have changed, and we started a new thread with updated info. Please use click HERE to see the new device unlock policy and please feel free to ask any related questions in there.

This topic is now closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

[ Edited ]
266 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(266)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 4:07:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
What is the current status of your device unlock request form? Give it a week up to a week and a half from the time you submitted the request for an agent to respond. How long have you had the phone? More or less than 6 months?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

What is the current status of your device unlock request form? Give it a week up to a week and a half from the time you submitted the request for an agent to respond. How long have you had the phone? More or less than 6 months?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 GO Phone Carrier Unlock

121 of 267 (8,181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 9:24:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

I have purchased ATT go Phone Nokia 520 on 07/24 and it has been active since then (7+ months). I need to travel outside US, I tried to request unlock using the unlock request form. I have received an automated email saying that it is denied. No other reason is clearly mentioned. Based on the device unlock request conditions, the device is eligible to be unlocked.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Can anyone suggest me the contact number or way to unlock my device. Appreciate your pointers in this regard.

Hi,

I have purchased ATT go Phone Nokia 520 on 07/24 and it has been active since then (7+ months). I need to travel outside US, I tried to request unlock using the unlock request form. I have received an automated email saying that it is denied. No other reason is clearly mentioned. Based on the device unlock request conditions, the device is eligible to be unlocked.

Can anyone suggest me the contact number or way to unlock my device. Appreciate your pointers in this regard.

Re: Unlocking Nokia Lumia 920 and Bad Customer Service

122 of 267 (8,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 9:36:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just to add to the earlier post, I have completely paid the device price at that time and no balance on month to month service charges

Just to add to the earlier post, I have completely paid the device price at that time and no balance on month to month service charges

Re: Unlocking Nokia Lumia 920 and Bad Customer Service

123 of 267 (8,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 4:06:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi!

I buy an at&t lumina 520 last november in texas but I live in mexico and need the puck number to unlock my cell and use a telcel sim. I never activate the at&t sim, today was my first attempt to register my go phone but I don't want chose any pack in the website. and the form that I fill always ask me for the wireless number that I don't' know,is there another way to unlock my cell?, I have the sku, upc, iccid from the sim, and the imei, code, etc from the phone.

Hi!

I buy an at&t lumina 520 last november in texas but I live in mexico and need the puck number to unlock my cell and use a telcel sim. I never activate the at&t sim, today was my first attempt to register my go phone but I don't want chose any pack in the website. and the form that I fill always ask me for the wireless number that I don't' know,is there another way to unlock my cell?, I have the sku, upc, iccid from the sim, and the imei, code, etc from the phone.

Re: Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

124 of 267 (8,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2014 6:12:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,I'm from Turkey. I bought a nokia lumia 520 from amazon with at&t gophone simcard. But I have some problems like that; 1- I can't activate my gophone simcard because I'm in Turkey 2- I can't use this phone with other carriers sim card.  İs it possible to solve this problems?

Hi,I'm from Turkey. I bought a nokia lumia 520 from amazon with at&t gophone simcard. But I have some problems like that; 1- I can't activate my gophone simcard because I'm in Turkey 2- I can't use this phone with other carriers sim card.  İs it possible to solve this problems?

Activation and unlocking

125 of 267 (7,939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 9:55:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Muhammet wrote:

Not easily. Without active service you won't get the unlock code from AT&T and third-party unlocking for this phone is not cheap.

Muhammet wrote:

Not easily. Without active service you won't get the unlock code from AT&T and third-party unlocking for this phone is not cheap.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Activation and unlocking

126 of 267 (7,888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 11:26:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

if your a manager then you can help me i would like to get a unlock code for a nokia lumia 520

if your a manager then you can help me i would like to get a unlock code for a nokia lumia 520

127 of 267 (7,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 11:33:16 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello woolleyw77,

If you meed the requirements and your phone is eligible, an unlock request can be submitted here:

att.com/deviceunlock

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello woolleyw77,

If you meed the requirements and your phone is eligible, an unlock request can be submitted here:

att.com/deviceunlock

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

128 of 267 (7,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 11:35:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

i did that. i was woundering if you could have it done quicker because like i said im out of data and i need a phone asap. before i get fired

i did that. i was woundering if you could have it done quicker because like i said im out of data and i need a phone asap. before i get fired

129 of 267 (7,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 4:36:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thats sucks, sounds like your getting fired then, next time dont use AT&T.  If you bought a phone full price through them you got robbed because they still wont unlock it, regardless of the law.

If you bought a used phone that completed its contract and that you legally purchased and have a receipt for, you still got robbed because AT&T still wont unlock it, regardless of the law.

Thats why they keep trying to use the term "Gifted" because they wont acknowledge that anyone can legally purchase a used AT&T phone.  That also why they keep pumping how You are breaking the law if you unlock through a third party when they wont unlock it for you, or as people on here frequently insinuate... the phone "must be shady" if the previous seller doesnt want to deal with the tremendous P  I T A of trying to get AT&T to unlock it.

Shocker, Im so surprised that people who sell their phone aren't eager to talk with ATT when the buyer cant use it.

Moral of the story dont buy or use AT&T if you ever wish to legally unlock a phone you legally purchased.

Thats sucks, sounds like your getting fired then, next time dont use AT&T.  If you bought a phone full price through them you got robbed because they still wont unlock it, regardless of the law.

If you bought a used phone that completed its contract and that you legally purchased and have a receipt for, you still got robbed because AT&T still wont unlock it, regardless of the law.

Thats why they keep trying to use the term "Gifted" because they wont acknowledge that anyone can legally purchase a used AT&T phone.  That also why they keep pumping how You are breaking the law if you unlock through a third party when they wont unlock it for you, or as people on here frequently insinuate... the phone "must be shady" if the previous seller doesnt want to deal with the tremendous P  I T A of trying to get AT&T to unlock it.

Shocker, Im so surprised that people who sell their phone aren't eager to talk with ATT when the buyer cant use it.

Moral of the story dont buy or use AT&T if you ever wish to legally unlock a phone you legally purchased.

130 of 267 (7,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2014 11:03:03 AM
(0)
Contributor
I bought 2 Nokia lumia 520 2 weeks ago to replace my parents' faulty phones from att. We're post paid subscribers for almost 2 years. Since then only one out of three lines had been unlocked by att since we don't really travel overseas or switch to other network. Before I ordered the phones online I rang att customer support to check if I could get these phones unlocked IN LIEU to my parents existing faulty phones. Customer support told me that it is possible. So I place my orders, as soon as I received the phones I submitted a request to unlock the devices. Few days later no feedback received from att. My parents were travelling overseas so they needed to get these phones unlocked, they refuse to use their existing phones as they're malfunctioning. I rang att again another told me she would submit another request but this time round she couldn't tell me if it's possible as I may have to wait for six months to get it unlocked
I was surprised. The information from u guys were inconsistent. Different agents have different information contracting each other . today I received an email from att informing me that my request couldn't be process as I've to wait for six months. Now the phones are overseas with my parents waiting to get unlocked. My parents have no means of contacting us back home because they're phones wont work with other network. And this is because of all the inconsistent information given to us by our service provider. Sucks. Really sucks. Not even sure if we could return all the phones when my parents come home a month later. It's ridiculous that att isn't capable of being lenient to its subscribers. I wonder how to other service providers treat their customers...

I bought 2 Nokia lumia 520 2 weeks ago to replace my parents' faulty phones from att. We're post paid subscribers for almost 2 years. Since then only one out of three lines had been unlocked by att since we don't really travel overseas or switch to other network. Before I ordered the phones online I rang att customer support to check if I could get these phones unlocked IN LIEU to my parents existing faulty phones. Customer support told me that it is possible. So I place my orders, as soon as I received the phones I submitted a request to unlock the devices. Few days later no feedback received from att. My parents were travelling overseas so they needed to get these phones unlocked, they refuse to use their existing phones as they're malfunctioning. I rang att again another told me she would submit another request but this time round she couldn't tell me if it's possible as I may have to wait for six months to get it unlocked
I was surprised. The information from u guys were inconsistent. Different agents have different information contracting each other . today I received an email from att informing me that my request couldn't be process as I've to wait for six months. Now the phones are overseas with my parents waiting to get unlocked. My parents have no means of contacting us back home because they're phones wont work with other network. And this is because of all the inconsistent information given to us by our service provider. Sucks. Really sucks. Not even sure if we could return all the phones when my parents come home a month later. It's ridiculous that att isn't capable of being lenient to its subscribers. I wonder how to other service providers treat their customers...

131 of 267 (7,289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2014 7:04:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I wish people would stop the trolling on here. 

If the phone is paid off, and it is not stolen, with a clean imei number then they will unlock it.

I bought a lumia 920 on Ebay last week. Submitted my unlock form on Fri, today just now I got the email with my unlock code.  Today is a SUNDAY.  And I am not even an At&t customer, I just clicked the "used to be customer" option and entered the # that i used to have with at&t about 5 years ago. 

I am baffled as to how so many of you actual at&t customers are claiming that you can't get unlocks.  I'll admit im luckier than some of those that don't have a past at&t account like me to enter but still, it means you don't even have to be an existing customer or enter the current phones last at&t number. 

How is it that I got my unlock code, I ask all you trolls?  Got it within 50 hours, on a sunday. 

And to tx600 shooter , if you want to seriously  tell people you were told by at&t reps that 5 gb data would cost $700 then I'd tell you to seriously consider if maybe you weren't even speaking to at&t.  Maybe some scammer in Serbia?

I wish people would stop the trolling on here. 

If the phone is paid off, and it is not stolen, with a clean imei number then they will unlock it.

I bought a lumia 920 on Ebay last week. Submitted my unlock form on Fri, today just now I got the email with my unlock code.  Today is a SUNDAY.  And I am not even an At&t customer, I just clicked the "used to be customer" option and entered the # that i used to have with at&t about 5 years ago. 

I am baffled as to how so many of you actual at&t customers are claiming that you can't get unlocks.  I'll admit im luckier than some of those that don't have a past at&t account like me to enter but still, it means you don't even have to be an existing customer or enter the current phones last at&t number. 

How is it that I got my unlock code, I ask all you trolls?  Got it within 50 hours, on a sunday. 

And to tx600 shooter , if you want to seriously  tell people you were told by at&t reps that 5 gb data would cost $700 then I'd tell you to seriously consider if maybe you weren't even speaking to at&t.  Maybe some scammer in Serbia?

132 of 267 (7,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 7:48:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
U got yours on eBay. I bought mine on att website. Att said ive to be in service for six months.. Its like being in a contract too. Doesn't make sense.
U got yours on eBay. I bought mine on att website. Att said ive to be in service for six months.. Its like being in a contract too. Doesn't make sense.

133 of 267 (7,213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 7:43:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

I bought mine while on holiday in the USA at Target. I live in Australia where AT&T have no service. Therefore how am I supposed to have the service for at least 6 months? Does this mean my phone will never be unlocked? I fully comprehend the need for AT&T to make profits and not give their phones away but it doesn't seem reasonable either to deny overseas customers the ability to use their phones...not to mention environmentally irresponsible.

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

I bought mine while on holiday in the USA at Target. I live in Australia where AT&T have no service. Therefore how am I supposed to have the service for at least 6 months? Does this mean my phone will never be unlocked? I fully comprehend the need for AT&T to make profits and not give their phones away but it doesn't seem reasonable either to deny overseas customers the ability to use their phones...not to mention environmentally irresponsible.

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

134 of 267 (7,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 3:11:23 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by zicko on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:16:10 PM

What category do No Contract AT&T phones bought on the Microsoft store fall under?

Prepaid or Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment?

Also, I can't seem to see the difference between

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment 

and

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment . It seems to have your Postpaid device with service commitment unlocked, you first of all have to convert it into one without a service commitment. Am I right?

What category do No Contract AT&T phones bought on the Microsoft store fall under?

Prepaid or Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment?

Also, I can't seem to see the difference between

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment 

and

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment . It seems to have your Postpaid device with service commitment unlocked, you first of all have to convert it into one without a service commitment. Am I right?

[ Edited ]
135 of 267 (7,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 3:54:36 AM
(0)
Voyager

Hello,

I got a Nokia Lumia 520 as a gift from my friend from Maryland. It is a AT&T go phone and has a SIM Card which, obviously, hasn't been activated (I even don't know the number associated). I'm Italian and I live in Italy right now but I've lived in the States for work (I'm in the Military). I would like to have this phone unlocked but the application online doesn't allow me to do that. I can pay for that but I don't even know if it is possible. On the other side I don't want to send the phone back to my friend telling him that his gift is unusable.

Please let me know if there is a chance to unlock the phone in this situation.

Thank you 

v/r

Gianni

PS: I miss the States

Hello,

I got a Nokia Lumia 520 as a gift from my friend from Maryland. It is a AT&T go phone and has a SIM Card which, obviously, hasn't been activated (I even don't know the number associated). I'm Italian and I live in Italy right now but I've lived in the States for work (I'm in the Military). I would like to have this phone unlocked but the application online doesn't allow me to do that. I can pay for that but I don't even know if it is possible. On the other side I don't want to send the phone back to my friend telling him that his gift is unusable.

Please let me know if there is a chance to unlock the phone in this situation.

Thank you 

v/r

Gianni

PS: I miss the States

136 of 267 (7,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 10:21:59 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by Taylarie on Mar 17, 2014 at 5:23:22 AM

Hello! I'm from China and bought a Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet from amazon. There is an AT&T sim card inside and I activated it as a prepaid GoPhone account. But when I tried to forward an unlock request through https://www.att.com/deviceunlock, the website said that "This device is not currently eligible to be unlocked." I bought the tablet from amazon at the full retail cost without contract with AT&T, why can't it be unlocked? The IMEI:

[Edited for privacy.]

Hello! I'm from China and bought a Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet from amazon. There is an AT&T sim card inside and I activated it as a prepaid GoPhone account. But when I tried to forward an unlock request through https://www.att.com/deviceunlock, the website said that "This device is not currently eligible to be unlocked." I bought the tablet from amazon at the full retail cost without contract with AT&T, why can't it be unlocked? The IMEI:

[Edited for privacy.]

[ Edited ]
137 of 267 (6,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 10:07:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hello. I bought a LUMIA 1020 several months ago from Amazon. It's a no-contract full price phone. And I am from China. However, it can't be used in China unless unlock it. I asked the carrier AT&T for the unlock code and explain that it's a no-contract full price phone and I have paid full price, besides, I can provide the official receipt and proof from Amazon to prove it’s a full price no-contract phone and really not a smuggling phone. However, they refused it still. They said I must be user of AT&T and have the Social Security Number and Wireless number in America that they can provide the unlock code. Unfortunately, I don’t have these things because I am from China. Could you help me apply for the unlock code?

Thank you very much

Sincerely LIU

Hello. I bought a LUMIA 1020 several months ago from Amazon. It's a no-contract full price phone. And I am from China. However, it can't be used in China unless unlock it. I asked the carrier AT&T for the unlock code and explain that it's a no-contract full price phone and I have paid full price, besides, I can provide the official receipt and proof from Amazon to prove it’s a full price no-contract phone and really not a smuggling phone. However, they refused it still. They said I must be user of AT&T and have the Social Security Number and Wireless number in America that they can provide the unlock code. Unfortunately, I don’t have these things because I am from China. Could you help me apply for the unlock code?

Thank you very much

Sincerely LIU

Help~ Unlock my full price no-contract phone

138 of 267 (6,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 5:30:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

anythingforu wrote:

Thank you very much

Sincerely LIU

Unfortunately, if you never had service with AT&T, they will not provide an unlock code.

https://www.google.com/search?q=at%26t+unlock+phones&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USSmiley Surprisedffi...

It doesn't help much now, but for future reference, I would never buy a locked phone with the intention of unlocking it.

A couple non-AT&T options:

1. Amazon has pretty good customer service. Can you contact them and see if you can return your phone for a refund?

2. If you Google, there are a number of non-service-provider ways purchase phone unlocks. Beware, though, the legality of such options varies by jurisdiction and you probably have little recourse if it doesn't work.

anythingforu wrote:

Thank you very much

Sincerely LIU

Unfortunately, if you never had service with AT&T, they will not provide an unlock code.

https://www.google.com/search?q=at%26t+unlock+phones&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USSmiley Surprisedfficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

It doesn't help much now, but for future reference, I would never buy a locked phone with the intention of unlocking it.

A couple non-AT&T options:

1. Amazon has pretty good customer service. Can you contact them and see if you can return your phone for a refund?

2. If you Google, there are a number of non-service-provider ways purchase phone unlocks. Beware, though, the legality of such options varies by jurisdiction and you probably have little recourse if it doesn't work.

Re: Help~ Unlock my full price no-contract phone

139 of 267 (6,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 10:17:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Nobody love AT&T so much that we spend our time here 'trolling', if AT&T could solve our issues.

I did the same through phone calls and the website, all I got was 'not eligible'.

P.S. Bought mine brand new, full-price-off-contract, at Microsoft Store.

Nobody love AT&T so much that we spend our time here 'trolling', if AT&T could solve our issues.

I did the same through phone calls and the website, all I got was 'not eligible'.

P.S. Bought mine brand new, full-price-off-contract, at Microsoft Store.

140 of 267 (6,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 10:18:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

Exactly same situation ! 

Exactly same situation ! 

141 of 267 (6,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 10:35:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I bought my Lumia 920 at Microsoft Store Bellevue almost a year ago, off-contract. Then I moved to China where I found out I couldn't use it as it was LOCKED to AT&T. 

I tried to submit a request online but it was denied because it was a 'business device', which I totally don't understand why, because I paid for it with my own credit card.

Then, as adviced in that email, I talked to AT&T customer services over the phone a couple of times and someone eventually agreed to submit another request for me. After 5 days of 'review', it was denied again!

I would deeply appreciate if anyone could help here.

I bought my Lumia 920 at Microsoft Store Bellevue almost a year ago, off-contract. Then I moved to China where I found out I couldn't use it as it was LOCKED to AT&T. 

I tried to submit a request online but it was denied because it was a 'business device', which I totally don't understand why, because I paid for it with my own credit card.

Then, as adviced in that email, I talked to AT&T customer services over the phone a couple of times and someone eventually agreed to submit another request for me. After 5 days of 'review', it was denied again!

I would deeply appreciate if anyone could help here.

142 of 267 (6,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 2:12:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

What can I do with a Nokia Lumia 520 that I got from Microsoft as part of a promotion? It's never been activated or used, and I haven't even put in the sim card. How can it be "active for 6 months" if I've never used it?

What can I do with a Nokia Lumia 520 that I got from Microsoft as part of a promotion? It's never been activated or used, and I haven't even put in the sim card. How can it be "active for 6 months" if I've never used it?

143 of 267 (5,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 3:29:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

Similar to the above.

I'm a snowbird Canadian, vacation in the US for 5-6 months each winter. To this point I've used AT&T Go phones. AT&T sold me a Nokia 520 in October and I thought to get the unlock to use it here until my next trip to US. I'm 16 days short of the 6 month policy, so was looking for any 'managerial level' forgivness of this 16 days due to my repeated usage of AT&T services.

After 2 Customer Service Reps, I got disconnected and abandoned.

Can you connect with me, dear AT&T?

Thx.

Similar to the above.

I'm a snowbird Canadian, vacation in the US for 5-6 months each winter. To this point I've used AT&T Go phones. AT&T sold me a Nokia 520 in October and I thought to get the unlock to use it here until my next trip to US. I'm 16 days short of the 6 month policy, so was looking for any 'managerial level' forgivness of this 16 days due to my repeated usage of AT&T services.

After 2 Customer Service Reps, I got disconnected and abandoned.

Can you connect with me, dear AT&T?

Thx.

Re: Unlock Nokia 520 gophone

144 of 267 (5,453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2014 7:29:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello,

I have a Go Phone Nokia Lumia 520, it was unused and I try to unlock here https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/, but I everytime they told me can not unlock

what can I do to unlock it?

Hello,

I have a Go Phone Nokia Lumia 520, it was unused and I try to unlock here https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/, but I everytime they told me can not unlock

what can I do to unlock it?

145 of 267 (5,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 7:53:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
I lives in Sri Lanka and we dnt have at&t coverage. I took my Lumia 900 device from eBay. But it is locked to at&t, can anyone help me to unlock this???? Plz help..
I lives in Sri Lanka and we dnt have at&t coverage. I took my Lumia 900 device from eBay. But it is locked to at&t, can anyone help me to unlock this???? Plz help..

how to unlock my device

146 of 267 (5,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 4:42:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Your seller presumably was an AT&T customer. They should have unlocked it for you. If they sold it as a locked device then they knowingly sold a device that could not be unlocked.

Your seller presumably was an AT&T customer. They should have unlocked it for you. If they sold it as a locked device then they knowingly sold a device that could not be unlocked.

Re: how to unlock my device

147 of 267 (4,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 5:45:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
What should I do now??
What should I do now??

148 of 267 (4,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 8:07:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
I don't know wireless number. They sold this as unlocked. But it is not
I don't know wireless number. They sold this as unlocked. But it is not

149 of 267 (4,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 12:30:19 AM
(0)
Voyager

i bought a nokia lumia 520 on amazon about 2 months agoand when i received it (i live outside us) i found out that it was locked. i placed a request to have an unlock code on at&t webpage and i received the email telling me that i cant have it as i dont fullfill all the requirements to have it unlocked. now i have a useless phone and this is really disturbing since there was no specification on amazon to let me know in advance that i was not going to be able to use that phone if not with an AT&T sim card. if i need to pay some more money to have it unlocked i would be happy to do it. so what should i do now?

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, hjnh00!

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, in order to unlock your device, you will need to follow the steps outlined in the link below.

Device Unlock Request

Our customers' security is extremely important to us. As such, we keep their personal and account information completely private, and we ask that you refrain from asking other users to give out this kind of sensitive information.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

i bought a nokia lumia 520 on amazon about 2 months agoand when i received it (i live outside us) i found out that it was locked. i placed a request to have an unlock code on at&t webpage and i received the email telling me that i cant have it as i dont fullfill all the requirements to have it unlocked. now i have a useless phone and this is really disturbing since there was no specification on amazon to let me know in advance that i was not going to be able to use that phone if not with an AT&T sim card. if i need to pay some more money to have it unlocked i would be happy to do it. so what should i do now?

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, hjnh00!

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, in order to unlock your device, you will need to follow the steps outlined in the link below.

Device Unlock Request

Our customers' security is extremely important to us. As such, we keep their personal and account information completely private, and we ask that you refrain from asking other users to give out this kind of sensitive information.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Re: HELP ME UNLOCK

150 of 267 (4,880 Views)