Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I actually have account with at&t, but when  I tried to enter the IMEI number show me this error:

"We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device."

Thanks in advance

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Nickhard 

See my response above, I believe the same applies to your question.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I brought the Nokia Lumia 1520 from ebay. I live here in New Zealand, and am wondering if I could please have the sim unlock code for the phone, so that I may use the phone here in New Zealand.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I bought my device during my visit to US, and activated it in February. when i called the customer care to find about rate plans and add money, I was advised not to add money since my visit was not due for another month. But when i returned to use my number I was told that this number is not valid anymore and i had to take another Go SIM.

and i was told that the new SIM can be used on any device which is unlocked. 

while i used the new number for my visit there, I wanted to unlock the earlier purchased Lumia 520.

This time i was told that the unlock request will be accepted after 6 months of my first activation of device. Now today after over 6 months of activation, I am told the following

Request number: 19013875

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device.

We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons:

• We cannot find a valid current or former mobile number associated with this device.
  • This device is not associated with a current or former AT&T account.

I tried calling ATT but they say, this service is not available from where you are calling.

Can ATT let me know if i should this phone as paper wieght? or will i be able to use it unlocked as promised to me in February.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

I am a former AT&T customer, and I had a family plan. After I paid my contract termination fee when I switched to a different carrier, I tried to unlock my Lumia 920 through the website at: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/. I have met the requirements outlined in the website, but when I try to request an unlock code, I got the following error:

"We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons:

+ We cannot find a valid current or former mobile number associated with this device

+ This device is not associated with a current or former AT&T account."

Since I was in a family plan, I wasn't 100% sure which person's phone # or name should be used, so I tried a couple of times. Eventually, I called up AT&T's CR and clarified the situation, and I was asked to resubmit the unlock request again. However, this time, I got:

"We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period. If you have questions, please review the AT&T Mobile Device Unlock eligibility requirements by going to this link, att.com/deviceunlock."

Now, I was a bit upset, and I called AT&T again, and the response this time is that the phone is too old, so they don't service unlock requests anymore. I find that hard to believe, so I tried to go to the store in person, but the store clerks mentioned that this isn't something they can help, and recommend that I use the web portal. @#$%# 😞

Now, I am stuck. I cannot use the web portal, call AT&T (since the phone is too "old"), and in-person store clerks cannot help me. I find it extremely unfair for AT&T to hold onto my phone even though I have already paid for it in FULL.

If anyone has ideas to resolve this situation, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Larry9C Thank you for posting!

Please send us a private message by clicking here and out team will be happy to help with whatever we can. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi there again,,, I bought a lumia 520 on Ebay.com - no contract phone, on go-. It is brand new and I need to unlock it. Due I dont have a wireless number but I do have an att sim card, re-stating I am in Panama-. I can not provide the ´´wireless phone number´´. I would like to receive help... anyone knows...   I have the imei but the package was thrown out...    

ps. no sure if the verb ´´thrown´´ exists if doesn´t - language is creative-. I ll appreciate a positve replay

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@oscgants - hello there!! Sorry to hear about the device. However unless you meet the unlock eligibility requirements, you would not be able to unlock the phone for international use. You can check the requirements here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

sorry for my ignorance... I went throgh the text but I didnt find any obstruction for me to get the unlock code. If you tell me what impedes me to get that... thank u so much

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @oscgants 

You need to have an active account and use the phone with AT&T for a minimum of 60 days on a Postpaid account or 6 months with Prepaid.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.