Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Please guide me what should i do with this dead phone(Lumia 520 ).Bought it from Microsoft store , oakbrook terrace.At  that time the representative told me the phone is unlocked and can be used anywhere.I used it for month as i was in US from my buisness trip so i had to use this prepaid number (***) so that family members can contact me.Now i am back to my country ...& inserted the local sim..voila..surprise surprise the phone is locked.

With the current Policies i am unable to get it unlocked as ..

• Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.
  • Raised several request number with these case numbers - *** , *** &  calling customer care numerous time &finally getting case number/ Reference number - CM*** thinking it may get unlocked  but got a email from Ryan that my request again has been denied....
  • My question is to you guys what should i do with this phone...

Waiting to get a reply

Arpan

[Please don't post or request personal information. Thank you]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I called today to ATT service and I tried to unlock my Lumia online first...

It used to be no problem four years ago...

Now:

- got through email:

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device.

We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period. If you have questions, please review the AT&T Mobile Device Unlock eligibility requirements by going to this link, att.com/deviceunlock.

Thank you for your business. For other questions about our AT&T wireless service or Mobile devices, please visit att.com.

Sincerely,

The AT&T Customer Care Team

----

You are very welcome, ATT. But it's not true!!!

Last time I unlocked my phone was 4 years ago!

So.... I called them...

And they told, cz I'm still under two years contract till next year May, I cannot unlock my phone at all!

Than means going over sea I have to think a different way to communicate 😞

Or as I was suggested by ATT representative, terminate the contract, pay the fee and they will happy to help unlocking my phone... B...S!

I told them, after my contract is done, I'm considering to move to another provider after years of being ATT loyal costomer 😞

-------------------

Very disappointed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Please help me unlock my Nokia Lumia 925. Every time I try to unlock it I get a message "We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device." I've tried to send  privat message to ATTCustomerCare, but Send button it not working.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

Have you check if its show you the same number in settings (about-more)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What do you mean?  Are you asking about IMEI? I am sure  it is my correct IMEI  number. I tried to unlock my phone more than 10 times  in last half year without any luck. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello urlak23,

IMEI number must be registered on your active AT&T account, or must have been registered on the account in the past. Have you, or do you now, have an account with AT&T?

If you have an account but this phone is not on it, you will need to call AT&T customer care and add the IMEI number to your line.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm going truw the same situation. I have a nokia 520 from att and I'm in brazil. I was wondering if you were able to unlock your phone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

DEAR

using your prepaid service and presently I am in India on 40 days vaccation. I have Nokia Lumia 520 IMTL no [Edited for privacy.]. Please advise how I can unlock and use this phone in India with different service provider in India. Your prompet action in this regard shall be highly appriciated with thanks a lot for your time.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Here are the unlocking requirements

unlocking requirements

If you meet those requirements, you must fill out the info on the unlocking portal

Unlocking portal

If everything is correct, you will receive unlocking info. It may take from 2 to 5 days for approval.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Could someone help me, I buy a cellphone Lumina 520, but I need to take a trip to Mexico for two months, I need to unlock this cellphone in order to use it with another carrier.

I tried to use this page https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/  but looks like  the  IME is not  registered.

Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.