[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Contributor

Re: Have you check if its show you the same number in setting...

What do you mean?  Are you asking about IMEI? I am sure  it is my correct IMEI  number. I tried to unlock my phone more than 10 times  in last half year without any luck. 

Message 196 of 267 (1,859 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Have you check if its show you the same number in setting...

Hello urlak23,

IMEI number must be registered on your active AT&T account, or must have been registered on the account in the past. Have you, or do you now, have an account with AT&T?

If you have an account but this phone is not on it, you will need to call AT&T customer care and add the IMEI number to your line.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 197 of 267 (1,829 Views)
Contributor

Re: Unlock Nokia Lumia 520

I'm going truw the same situation. I have a nokia 520 from att and I'm in brazil. I was wondering if you were able to unlock your phone?

Message 198 of 267 (1,765 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

For Unlock my phone

[ Edited ]

DEAR

using your prepaid service and presently I am in India on 40 days vaccation. I have Nokia Lumia 520 IMTL no [Edited for privacy.]. Please advise how I can unlock and use this phone in India with different service provider in India. Your prompet action in this regard shall be highly appriciated with thanks a lot for your time.

Message 199 of 267 (1,685 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: For Unlock my phone

Here are the unlocking requirements

unlocking requirements

If you meet those requirements, you must fill out the info on the unlocking portal

Unlocking portal

If everything is correct, you will receive unlocking info. It may take from 2 to 5 days for approval.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 200 of 267 (1,654 Views)
Voyager

Go Phone Lumina 520

Hi Could someone help me, I buy a cellphone Lumina 520, but I need to take a trip to Mexico for two months, I need to unlock this cellphone in order to use it with another carrier.

I tried to use this page https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/  but looks like  the  IME is not  registered.

Thanks.

Message 201 of 267 (1,681 Views)
Voyager

Re: Go Phone Lumina 520

I actually have account with at&t, but when  I tried to enter the IMEI number show me this error:

"We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device."

Thanks in advance
Message 202 of 267 (1,651 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Go Phone Lumina 520

Hi @Nickhard 

See my response above, I believe the same applies to your question.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 203 of 267 (1,626 Views)
Contributor

Re: Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

[ Edited ]

I brought the Nokia Lumia 1520 from ebay. I live here in New Zealand, and am wondering if I could please have the sim unlock code for the phone, so that I may use the phone here in New Zealand.

Message 204 of 267 (1,608 Views)
Contributor

Re: Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

I bought my device during my visit to US, and activated it in February. when i called the customer care to find about rate plans and add money, I was advised not to add money since my visit was not due for another month. But when i returned to use my number I was told that this number is not valid anymore and i had to take another Go SIM.

and i was told that the new SIM can be used on any device which is unlocked. 

while i used the new number for my visit there, I wanted to unlock the earlier purchased Lumia 520.

This time i was told that the unlock request will be accepted after 6 months of my first activation of device. Now today after over 6 months of activation, I am told the following

Request number: 19013875

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device.

We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons:

• We cannot find a valid current or former mobile number associated with this device.
  • This device is not associated with a current or former AT&T account.

I tried calling ATT but they say, this service is not available from where you are calling.

Can ATT let me know if i should this phone as paper wieght? or will i be able to use it unlocked as promised to me in February.

Message 205 of 267 (1,520 Views)
Voyager

Unlock Lumia 920

Hello,

I am a former AT&T customer, and I had a family plan. After I paid my contract termination fee when I switched to a different carrier, I tried to unlock my Lumia 920 through the website at: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/. I have met the requirements outlined in the website, but when I try to request an unlock code, I got the following error:

"We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons:

+ We cannot find a valid current or former mobile number associated with this device

+ This device is not associated with a current or former AT&T account."

Since I was in a family plan, I wasn't 100% sure which person's phone # or name should be used, so I tried a couple of times. Eventually, I called up AT&T's CR and clarified the situation, and I was asked to resubmit the unlock request again. However, this time, I got:

"We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period. If you have questions, please review the AT&T Mobile Device Unlock eligibility requirements by going to this link, att.com/deviceunlock."

Now, I was a bit upset, and I called AT&T again, and the response this time is that the phone is too old, so they don't service unlock requests anymore. I find that hard to believe, so I tried to go to the store in person, but the store clerks mentioned that this isn't something they can help, and recommend that I use the web portal. @#$%# Smiley Sad

Now, I am stuck. I cannot use the web portal, call AT&T (since the phone is too "old"), and in-person store clerks cannot help me. I find it extremely unfair for AT&T to hold onto my phone even though I have already paid for it in FULL.

If anyone has ideas to resolve this situation, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 206 of 267 (1,531 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Unlock Lumia 920

Hello @Larry9C Thank you for posting!

Please send us a private message by clicking here and out team will be happy to help with whatever we can. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 207 of 267 (1,495 Views)
Contributor

I have an att phone on go in Panama that is locked.. DONT HAVE A WIRELESS NUMBER

Hi there again,,, I bought a lumia 520 on Ebay.com - no contract phone, on go-. It is brand new and I need to unlock it. Due I dont have a wireless number but I do have an att sim card, re-stating I am in Panama-. I can not provide the ´´wireless phone number´´. I would like to receive help... anyone knows...   I have the imei but the package was thrown out...    

ps. no sure if the verb ´´thrown´´ exists if doesn´t - language is creative-. I ll appreciate a positve replay

Message 208 of 267 (1,349 Views)
ACE - Professor

@oscgants - hello there!! Sorry to hear about the device....

@oscgants - hello there!! Sorry to hear about the device. However unless you meet the unlock eligibility requirements, you would not be able to unlock the phone for international use. You can check the requirements here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 209 of 267 (1,346 Views)
Contributor

Re: @oscgants - hello there!! Sorry to hear about the device....

sorry for my ignorance... I went throgh the text but I didnt find any obstruction for me to get the unlock code. If you tell me what impedes me to get that... thank u so much

Message 210 of 267 (1,333 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.