For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Exactly same situation ! 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I bought my Lumia 920 at Microsoft Store Bellevue almost a year ago, off-contract. Then I moved to China where I found out I couldn't use it as it was LOCKED to AT&T. 

I tried to submit a request online but it was denied because it was a 'business device', which I totally don't understand why, because I paid for it with my own credit card.

Then, as adviced in that email, I talked to AT&T customer services over the phone a couple of times and someone eventually agreed to submit another request for me. After 5 days of 'review', it was denied again!

I would deeply appreciate if anyone could help here.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

What can I do with a Nokia Lumia 520 that I got from Microsoft as part of a promotion? It's never been activated or used, and I haven't even put in the sim card. How can it be "active for 6 months" if I've never used it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Similar to the above.

I'm a snowbird Canadian, vacation in the US for 5-6 months each winter. To this point I've used AT&T Go phones. AT&T sold me a Nokia 520 in October and I thought to get the unlock to use it here until my next trip to US. I'm 16 days short of the 6 month policy, so was looking for any 'managerial level' forgivness of this 16 days due to my repeated usage of AT&T services.

After 2 Customer Service Reps, I got disconnected and abandoned.

Can you connect with me, dear AT&T?

Thx.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello,

I have a Go Phone Nokia Lumia 520, it was unused and I try to unlock here https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/, but I everytime they told me can not unlock

what can I do to unlock it?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I lives in Sri Lanka and we dnt have at&t coverage. I took my Lumia 900 device from eBay. But it is locked to at&t, can anyone help me to unlock this???? Plz help..

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Your seller presumably was an AT&T customer. They should have unlocked it for you. If they sold it as a locked device then they knowingly sold a device that could not be unlocked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

What should I do now??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I don't know wireless number. They sold this as unlocked. But it is not

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

i bought a nokia lumia 520 on amazon about 2 months agoand when i received it (i live outside us) i found out that it was locked. i placed a request to have an unlock code on at&t webpage and i received the email telling me that i cant have it as i dont fullfill all the requirements to have it unlocked. now i have a useless phone and this is really disturbing since there was no specification on amazon to let me know in advance that i was not going to be able to use that phone if not with an AT&T sim card. if i need to pay some more money to have it unlocked i would be happy to do it. so what should i do now?

@ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, hjnh00!

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, in order to unlock your device, you will need to follow the steps outlined in the link below.

Device Unlock Request

Our customers' security is extremely important to us. As such, we keep their personal and account information completely private, and we ask that you refrain from asking other users to give out this kind of sensitive information.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.