For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

What is the current status of your device unlock request form? Give it a week up to a week and a half from the time you submitted the request for an agent to respond. How long have you had the phone? More or less than 6 months?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

I have purchased ATT go Phone Nokia 520 on 07/24 and it has been active since then (7+ months). I need to travel outside US, I tried to request unlock using the unlock request form. I have received an automated email saying that it is denied. No other reason is clearly mentioned. Based on the device unlock request conditions, the device is eligible to be unlocked.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Can anyone suggest me the contact number or way to unlock my device. Appreciate your pointers in this regard.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just to add to the earlier post, I have completely paid the device price at that time and no balance on month to month service charges

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi!

I buy an at&t lumina 520 last november in texas but I live in mexico and need the puck number to unlock my cell and use a telcel sim. I never activate the at&t sim, today was my first attempt to register my go phone but I don't want chose any pack in the website. and the form that I fill always ask me for the wireless number that I don't' know,is there another way to unlock my cell?, I have the sku, upc, iccid from the sim, and the imei, code, etc from the phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi,I'm from Turkey. I bought a nokia lumia 520 from amazon with at&t gophone simcard. But I have some problems like that; 1- I can't activate my gophone simcard because I'm in Turkey 2- I can't use this phone with other carriers sim card.  İs it possible to solve this problems?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Muhammet wrote:

Hi,I'm from Turkey. I bought a nokia lumia 520 from amazon with at&t gophone simcard. But I have some problems like that; 1- I can't activate my gophone simcard because I'm in Turkey 2- I can't use this phone with other carriers sim card.  İs it possible to solve this problems?

Not easily. Without active service you won't get the unlock code from AT&T and third-party unlocking for this phone is not cheap.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

if your a manager then you can help me i would like to get a unlock code for a nokia lumia 520

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello woolleyw77,

If you meed the requirements and your phone is eligible, an unlock request can be submitted here:

att.com/deviceunlock

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

i did that. i was woundering if you could have it done quicker because like i said im out of data and i need a phone asap. before i get fired

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thats sucks, sounds like your getting fired then, next time dont use AT&T.  If you bought a phone full price through them you got robbed because they still wont unlock it, regardless of the law.

If you bought a used phone that completed its contract and that you legally purchased and have a receipt for, you still got robbed because AT&T still wont unlock it, regardless of the law.

Thats why they keep trying to use the term "Gifted" because they wont acknowledge that anyone can legally purchase a used AT&T phone.  That also why they keep pumping how You are breaking the law if you unlock through a third party when they wont unlock it for you, or as people on here frequently insinuate... the phone "must be shady" if the previous seller doesnt want to deal with the tremendous P  I T A of trying to get AT&T to unlock it.

Shocker, Im so surprised that people who sell their phone aren't eager to talk with ATT when the buyer cant use it.

Moral of the story dont buy or use AT&T if you ever wish to legally unlock a phone you legally purchased.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.