[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Contributor

How to unlock my Nokia Lumia 1020?

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020 via Amazon 5 months ago in the U.S, and I paid for the device in full. I have been using it for 4 months in the U.S. and I am currently in China. However, the device is locked by AT&T and could not be used here with local networks.

According to the terms on https://www.att.com/deviceunlock, I am literally eligible for unlocking the device. (The condition "The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full" applies). BTW, I paid more than $600, without a service plan.

However after wating for 3 days, I got an email saying my unlocking request is rejected, and the reason is that the device has not been active for 6 months.

I just could not understand why there is a requirement on the active time for unlocking a fully-paid device. Could anyone give me any suggestion? Thanks!

Message 106 of 267 (9,380 Views)
Voyager

Re: Как разблокировать Nokia Lumia 1020?

Sorry, I write through a translator. I am not alone and it's sad. Legally bought on eBay phone Nokia Lumia 520 AT&T, I didn't know that it's locked. In Russia things are different. Nokia cannot be locked to an operator. Return cannot be sold wrote the truth. AT&T with my money still does not receive, in Russia I can't use AT&T. I have written guidelines, do not know their email. Please help what to do? Bought this phone, because only he had money.

Message 107 of 267 (9,346 Views)
Contributor

Need update on unlock request

[ Edited ]

I own a Samsung Focus 2 outright and am past the 6 month limit. Technicians were supposed to help me unlock it so that I could use it in teh UK where I was transfered by my work. Instead they never came through and now I'm here and cannot use the phone. I am hesitant to buy a new phone because I already own one but it is causing me serious issues: I spent $10 in change trying to call my ride from the aiport. I was unable to communicate with my spouse back home during the apartment hunt and that caused major issues. Worst of all there was an unexpected medical emergency back home that I was unaware of for hours because of AT&T's refusal to honor their policy and unlock my phone. Now I am in the UK and cannot call AT&T any more as far as I know. There is no information online that I can find (att.com doesn't even work here) and the device unlock page is broken. Can someone please get in touch with me asap? This is causing huge problems and is pretty much making it impossible for me to ever do any business with AT&T again.

My number is 410-323-XXXX but I won't receive calls now. I'm really not even sure how to have you contact me as I don't want to post my email address on a public forum. Is it safe to post the IMEA number? Or is there a way to get it to someone who can FINALLY fix this ridiculous issue??

Message 108 of 267 (9,255 Views)
Contributor

Re: Need update on unlock request

FYI: EVERY time I try to use the Unlock page with my correct info I get this message:

Our system has encountered an unexpected error. Please try your request again.

And that was from the US and the UK. I wasted so much time on the phone with AT&T before I left trying to solve this that I forgot my passport and had to turn after heading to the airport. Given the number of complications from an overseas work relocation wasting time on this stupid issue has been an unbelievable hassle.
Message 109 of 267 (9,255 Views)
Contributor

Re: Need update on unlock request

And just so you know, a service rep was supposed to call me the day before I flew - she said that she was setting up an appointment to call. Never did. And I was supposed to receive an email updating me to the request since I can no longer receive texts. Never did. At&t come on!
Message 110 of 267 (9,254 Views)
Contributor

Need unlock code

[ Edited ]

Legally bought Amazon.com phone Nokia Lumia 520 AT&T

I didn't know that it's lockedIn Russia I can't use AT&T.

Please help what to do? 

imei ******

[edited for privacy]

Message 111 of 267 (9,202 Views)
Contributor

Re: Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I bought Lumia520 Go phone from Amazon.com. I live in India. I have activated the wireless service through online. My wireless no is ****. please help me to unlock my phone. I can pay extra for the unlocking.

[edited for privacy]

Message 112 of 267 (9,139 Views)
Contributor

Re: Need unlock code

I received a letter -

We cannot complete your request for the following reason:

• The information provided does not match the information on the account.

What does this mean and what to do for unlocking?

Message 113 of 267 (9,121 Views)
Contributor

Re: Unlocking Nokia Lumia 920 and Bad Customer Service

Hi Dmitiry

I have paid full for my Nokia Lumia 1520 (pre-ordered) on Microsoft website and i got the phone since two months. Now i am hearing that I cannot unlock my phone  but as per the conditions for unlock, i did paid my device in full. I am not a US resident and I never had ATT service etc, so why i am penalized for it, even though I paid in full.

Please help, my 650$ phone is a glorified PDA for me at this moment.

regards

Harry

Message 114 of 267 (8,947 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Unlocking Nokia Lumia 920 and Bad Customer Service

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Unlock requirements can be found here. Unfortunately at this time AT&T can only unlock phones for its current or former customers and after the phone is paid off.

Additionally, not all phones may qualify for an unlock. A request can be submitted online using the link above.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 115 of 267 (8,939 Views)
Contributor

Nokia Lumia 520 GO Phone Carrier Unlock

[ Edited ]

Hai I am a frequent US visitor having some friends in US. Last time when I came there My friend gifted me a Nokia Lumia 520 phone with AT&T GO Sim. Now I returned to India and when I tried to use the Phone it is Carrier Locked. I have submitted a request in AT&T Device unlock portal with the Wireless number, (I think Alexandria City, Virginia State) I have been alotted. Is there anyway I can get it Carrier Unlocked from India?

Thanks,

Saravana

[Edited for privacy.]

Message 116 of 267 (7,137 Views)
Contributor

Re: Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

[ Edited ]

Hello i have phone it from US Ohio. i need to use this phone Nokia Lumia 520 IMEI: {***} locked to AT&T Go Phone please send me a unlock code please reply me on {***}

[Edited for privacy.]

Message 117 of 267 (7,081 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 GO Phone Carrier Unlock

Should be able to get it unlocked in India.
But check with your carrier in India and see if the phone work first.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 118 of 267 (7,086 Views)
Contributor

So I can unlock the Carrier from India through AT&T Customer service? or any other private means? I tried to put an Airtel SIM Card and it asks some PIN.
Message 119 of 267 (7,029 Views)
ACE - Guru

Private means. I assume your phone is fully paid.
If PRIVATE means cost you more than calling AT&T,you can always try calling customer service from India.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 120 of 267 (6,976 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.