Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 20, 2013
12:07:48 PM
View profile
[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Dec 9, 2014 at 12:56:33 PM

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 9, 2014 1:03:57 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello everyone, the device unlock policies have changed, and we started a new thread with updated info. Please use click HERE to see the new device unlock policy and please feel free to ask any related questions in there.

This topic is now closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

[ Edited ]
266 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(266)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 8:54:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi All,

I have been AT&T customer for 6+ years now and I did a recent upgrade to Nokia Lumia 925 and I travel interational a lot on business and I use th international sim card. While applying for hone upgrade I had informed the sales rep that I need unlock code on which she said she got an approval for that (This was recorded line so it should be with AT&T). Now I got my phone and I tried every source @ AT&T and all have turned me down to provide the unlock code, I am not sure why AT&T is doing such false promises to sell the device to us who have been loyal to AT&T for 6+ years. I am not closing my AT&T service but instead just requesting for unlock code as I have to travel international and have to use other Sim cards. Now I am stuck as I cant even return this new phone and cant even use it international. Also I pay approx $58 every month for last 6+ years to AT&T and this is what a loyal customer gets? False promise and no way now to return the phone since its more than 15 days that I got the phone. Someone has to help me here. Look at the account and have some exceptions not all people are fraud and false. Genuine cstomers like me are getting penalized. Please Help.

Hi All,

I have been AT&T customer for 6+ years now and I did a recent upgrade to Nokia Lumia 925 and I travel interational a lot on business and I use th international sim card. While applying for hone upgrade I had informed the sales rep that I need unlock code on which she said she got an approval for that (This was recorded line so it should be with AT&T). Now I got my phone and I tried every source @ AT&T and all have turned me down to provide the unlock code, I am not sure why AT&T is doing such false promises to sell the device to us who have been loyal to AT&T for 6+ years. I am not closing my AT&T service but instead just requesting for unlock code as I have to travel international and have to use other Sim cards. Now I am stuck as I cant even return this new phone and cant even use it international. Also I pay approx $58 every month for last 6+ years to AT&T and this is what a loyal customer gets? False promise and no way now to return the phone since its more than 15 days that I got the phone. Someone has to help me here. Look at the account and have some exceptions not all people are fraud and false. Genuine cstomers like me are getting penalized. Please Help.

Nokia Lumia 925 and False Promise made by AT&T

61 of 267 (14,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 1:24:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

To whom it may concern,
Recently I acquired a Lumia 920 off of Ebay at full price. I am not a customer of AT&T, so I would like to be able to unlock this device. The webpage att.com/deviceunlock does not offer a way to unlock a device if you arent a customer, even if you bought the phone at full price (whether in store on online). Does anyone know a way to get the unlock code?

To whom it may concern,
Recently I acquired a Lumia 920 off of Ebay at full price. I am not a customer of AT&T, so I would like to be able to unlock this device. The webpage att.com/deviceunlock does not offer a way to unlock a device if you arent a customer, even if you bought the phone at full price (whether in store on online). Does anyone know a way to get the unlock code?

Unlocking Lumia 920

62 of 267 (14,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 6:21:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ashadipenguin wrote:

To whom it may concern,

You should contact the eBay seller, and either return the phone if they sold it as unlocked or unlockable (because it isn't) or have them unlock it (becuase if it's not stolen, they should be able to unlock it.)

ashadipenguin wrote:

To whom it may concern,

You should contact the eBay seller, and either return the phone if they sold it as unlocked or unlockable (because it isn't) or have them unlock it (becuase if it's not stolen, they should be able to unlock it.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Unlocking Lumia 920

63 of 267 (14,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 3:20:44 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 11, 2013 at 6:28:27 AM

Please help me
I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 (without a contract) from Amazon, I am a resident outside the United States, and I have a (at&t) card but is not active, I hope to help me to give me the security code to unlock the device ... Thank you
IMEI Number : {Personal content removed for your safety}

Please help me
I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 (without a contract) from Amazon, I am a resident outside the United States, and I have a (at&t) card but is not active, I hope to help me to give me the security code to unlock the device ... Thank you
IMEI Number : {Personal content removed for your safety}

Re: Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

[ Edited ]
64 of 267 (13,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 9:50:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hello.

I have just received in France 2 Nokia Lumia 520 coming from Amazon US. These Two phones are locked on AT&T Carrier and I wanted to offer them to my parents but they do not work in France without unlock code.

on internet it seems impossible to find unlock codes for this telephone on AT&T carrier ?

I activated today those 2 "Gophone"  on telephone but thy are not recognised by any carrier in France even after the activation.

Can anybody tell me where I could try obtaining unlock code for these to mobiles ?  

Hello.

I have just received in France 2 Nokia Lumia 520 coming from Amazon US. These Two phones are locked on AT&T Carrier and I wanted to offer them to my parents but they do not work in France without unlock code.

on internet it seems impossible to find unlock codes for this telephone on AT&T carrier ?

I activated today those 2 "Gophone"  on telephone but thy are not recognised by any carrier in France even after the activation.

Can anybody tell me where I could try obtaining unlock code for these to mobiles ?  

65 of 267 (13,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 10:43:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:01:17 AM

I'm from Saudi Arabia

I bought two of nokia lumia 520 att gophone from amazon two weeks ago

and they shipped phones to Saudi Arabia 

i can't use att network in Saudi Arabia so please give me the unlock codes

imei:***

amazon order number: ***

amazon invoice: ***

thanks 

[edited for privacy - please do not post personal information]

I'm from Saudi Arabia

I bought two of nokia lumia 520 att gophone from amazon two weeks ago

and they shipped phones to Saudi Arabia 

i can't use att network in Saudi Arabia so please give me the unlock codes

amazon order number: ***

amazon invoice: ***

thanks 

[edited for privacy - please do not post personal information]

[ Edited ]
66 of 267 (13,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 4:04:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

John,

I believe that you are laboring under a false premise. You have repeatedly stated that ebay sellers should unlock the phone and if they cannot, the phone is of dubious origin. That assumes that the phones were purchased from an individual. There are a large number of stores on ebay that sell used cell phones. They, in turn, purchase the phones from individuals. Doubtless a few of their phones are indeed stolen, but the vast majority of their phones are not stolen, as evidenced by the fact that when they sell the phones the esns are clean and their is a very low incidence of problems after purchasing. These phones are often locked to att because the seller did not know / did not care to unlock the phone. Many people, myself included, by phones that are not of dubious origins from these reputable resellers. For us, there is no way to unlock the phones unless we are /were att customers.

Att is free to say that they don't care about people in this common situation. However, it is wrong to justify the att's stance by saying that the seller should unlock and if not the phone's bona fides are questionable. NO, the seller cannot always unlock and the phone is of high moral character.

I think we all have to call a spade a spade here. Att does not care to unlock phones for people that are not att customers. Simple. The fact that this has killed the resale value of used att phones is not of immediate concern to att (e.g. the average price of lumia 920's on ebay dropped over $75-$100 overnight when att implemented the new draconian policy).

That said, it is questionable if att thoroughly conducted a cost / benefit that included the opportunity cost of adopting the new policy. There is definitely a loss of goodwill from customers who's resale value dropped and, more removed but a loss nonetheless as carriers struggle to compete with each other, from t-mobile customers trying to unlock phones and

John,

I believe that you are laboring under a false premise. You have repeatedly stated that ebay sellers should unlock the phone and if they cannot, the phone is of dubious origin. That assumes that the phones were purchased from an individual. There are a large number of stores on ebay that sell used cell phones. They, in turn, purchase the phones from individuals. Doubtless a few of their phones are indeed stolen, but the vast majority of their phones are not stolen, as evidenced by the fact that when they sell the phones the esns are clean and their is a very low incidence of problems after purchasing. These phones are often locked to att because the seller did not know / did not care to unlock the phone. Many people, myself included, by phones that are not of dubious origins from these reputable resellers. For us, there is no way to unlock the phones unless we are /were att customers.

Att is free to say that they don't care about people in this common situation. However, it is wrong to justify the att's stance by saying that the seller should unlock and if not the phone's bona fides are questionable. NO, the seller cannot always unlock and the phone is of high moral character.

I think we all have to call a spade a spade here. Att does not care to unlock phones for people that are not att customers. Simple. The fact that this has killed the resale value of used att phones is not of immediate concern to att (e.g. the average price of lumia 920's on ebay dropped over $75-$100 overnight when att implemented the new draconian policy).

That said, it is questionable if att thoroughly conducted a cost / benefit that included the opportunity cost of adopting the new policy. There is definitely a loss of goodwill from customers who's resale value dropped and, more removed but a loss nonetheless as carriers struggle to compete with each other, from t-mobile customers trying to unlock phones and

67 of 267 (13,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 5:43:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Bonga on Dec 11, 2013 at 5:47:19 PM

Well said directly above.

USA has the most ridiculous roaming rates perhaps due to lack of agreements with carriers abroad or whatever. I mean, on Verizon alone, I know it was like $25 for 100mb of data. I just googled ATT rates and they are $20/MB for pay per use??? and $30 for 120mb for 1 month.

These rates are just astronomical but you have a customer who is about to sign a new contract within 6 months and ATT refuses to provide an unlock code for a phone so that a user can put in a prepaid sim card?

As a wireless carrier, aren't subscribers a huge deal and each of the firms that lose market share continuously try to change up certain things to attain subscribers again?  

ATT clearly thinks that because it had the original iPhone buyers that they don't need to care about their subscribers anymore. I cannot fathom the poor customer service ATT has provided here.

AND the poor customer service is: "let me regurgitate the company policy" regardless of your situation - eg. purchasing a second hand phone off ebay to use in a foreign country or refusal to unlock because they want guys to pay absurd roaming charges.

Amazing.

Well said directly above.

USA has the most ridiculous roaming rates perhaps due to lack of agreements with carriers abroad or whatever. I mean, on Verizon alone, I know it was like $25 for 100mb of data. I just googled ATT rates and they are $20/MB for pay per use??? and $30 for 120mb for 1 month.

These rates are just astronomical but you have a customer who is about to sign a new contract within 6 months and ATT refuses to provide an unlock code for a phone so that a user can put in a prepaid sim card?

As a wireless carrier, aren't subscribers a huge deal and each of the firms that lose market share continuously try to change up certain things to attain subscribers again?  

ATT clearly thinks that because it had the original iPhone buyers that they don't need to care about their subscribers anymore. I cannot fathom the poor customer service ATT has provided here.

AND the poor customer service is: "let me regurgitate the company policy" regardless of your situation - eg. purchasing a second hand phone off ebay to use in a foreign country or refusal to unlock because they want guys to pay absurd roaming charges.

Amazing.

[ Edited ]
68 of 267 (13,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 8:59:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:12:15 PM

I am a resident outside the US.
I bought 2xNokia Lumia 520 gophone from amazon.com for kids.
They wrote to Santa about nokia lumia.
Worst Christams presents - nokia 520 locked
Thank you at&t

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I am a resident outside the US.
I bought 2xNokia Lumia 520 gophone from amazon.com for kids.
They wrote to Santa about nokia lumia.
Worst Christams presents - nokia 520 locked
Thank you at&t

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
69 of 267 (13,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 8:08:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

So just to make sure I understand this: I have been an AT&T customer since 2005. I bought my 12-year-old a Lumia 520 for Christmas to replace his crappy feature phone. Before I can unlock it for our upcoming international trip, it has to be active as a GoPhone for *six months*? 

So just to make sure I understand this: I have been an AT&T customer since 2005. I bought my 12-year-old a Lumia 520 for Christmas to replace his crappy feature phone. Before I can unlock it for our upcoming international trip, it has to be active as a GoPhone for *six months*? 

70 of 267 (13,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 5:43:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

for someone who is resident outside the us and cannot use the device for 6 months (because go phones cannot roam) how can the device be unlocked?

for someone who is resident outside the us and cannot use the device for 6 months (because go phones cannot roam) how can the device be unlocked?

Re: how can get the unlock code for my gophone?

71 of 267 (13,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 10:31:18 AM
(0)
Expert

felj wrote:

Not sure there is a way, att will not do it. There are alternate methods but use at your own risk.

felj wrote:

Not sure there is a way, att will not do it. There are alternate methods but use at your own risk.

Re: how can get the unlock code for my gophone?

72 of 267 (13,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 11:25:54 AM
(0)
Contributor

it shows:

this sim card can only be used on specific networks and it is blocked. contact your customer service center for the unbloick code.
16 attempts remaining.

Any one can help me?

it shows:

this sim card can only be used on specific networks and it is blocked. contact your customer service center for the unbloick code.
16 attempts remaining.

Any one can help me?

ATT provided unlocked number 3 times and they are different, but all of them do not work

73 of 267 (13,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 5:35:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

PLEASE BE ADVICED THAT THIS IS MESSAGE CONTAINS A HIGH LEVEL OF EMOTIONAL CONTENT 

Dear AT&T,

Let me share my story:
Two months ago I bought a lumia 1520 and I paid the full price for it because I want to go to T-mobile once my contract expires. Now this is the only pronlem... It takes 7 days to get something that I should have the right to do, which is unlocking MY phone.
To make matters worse, there is NOTHING that the poor customer service agents can do to expedite the process. 

This feels like the manipulating wife that doesn't want a divorce and is keeping the guy tied up by threatening to take the kids or something.

Unrequested Advice:
AT&T decisionmakers PLEASE move on! The business model is broken and thinking that you can just keep customers by manipulating them into two-year contracts and giving them "free devices" that they pay through the outrageous fees every month is unsustainable and will lead you to bankrupcy in less time than you can think. The business is changing because your monopoly is over and because there are smart consumers that simply won't keep on putting up with this outrage.

My plan:
To convince all of my friends, family and acquantences to abandon AT&T for ever and never think of using them again. Such a company will always aspire to exploit us into limited data but unlimited fees. 
After more than 5 hours that I will never be able to recover I have to say that the only thing that I have learned is that AT&T is a poor company, with poor prospects and poor polocies that is determined to have a poor future.

Happy holydays and merry christmas everyone,
May you be also be able to jump out of this sinking ship next year Smiley Very Happy

PLEASE BE ADVICED THAT THIS IS MESSAGE CONTAINS A HIGH LEVEL OF EMOTIONAL CONTENT 

Dear AT&T,

Let me share my story:
Two months ago I bought a lumia 1520 and I paid the full price for it because I want to go to T-mobile once my contract expires. Now this is the only pronlem... It takes 7 days to get something that I should have the right to do, which is unlocking MY phone.
To make matters worse, there is NOTHING that the poor customer service agents can do to expedite the process. 

This feels like the manipulating wife that doesn't want a divorce and is keeping the guy tied up by threatening to take the kids or something.

Unrequested Advice:
AT&T decisionmakers PLEASE move on! The business model is broken and thinking that you can just keep customers by manipulating them into two-year contracts and giving them "free devices" that they pay through the outrageous fees every month is unsustainable and will lead you to bankrupcy in less time than you can think. The business is changing because your monopoly is over and because there are smart consumers that simply won't keep on putting up with this outrage.

My plan:
To convince all of my friends, family and acquantences to abandon AT&T for ever and never think of using them again. Such a company will always aspire to exploit us into limited data but unlimited fees. 
After more than 5 hours that I will never be able to recover I have to say that the only thing that I have learned is that AT&T is a poor company, with poor prospects and poor polocies that is determined to have a poor future.

Happy holydays and merry christmas everyone,
May you be also be able to jump out of this sinking ship next year Smiley Very Happy

74 of 267 (12,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 2:29:46 PM
(0)
Voyager

I bought an off contract nokia lumia 1020, but I cannot get it unlock on www.att.com/deviceunlock .  I tried to call att oper. but they said since I dont have att account, I cannot get the device unlock.  Any suggestion?

Many thanks

I bought an off contract nokia lumia 1020, but I cannot get it unlock on www.att.com/deviceunlock .  I tried to call att oper. but they said since I dont have att account, I cannot get the device unlock.  Any suggestion?

Many thanks

nokia 1020 cannot be unlock "Currently, this device cannot be unlock"

75 of 267 (12,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 4:50:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You can ask the seller to unlock it for you.  If that is not possible, I would suggest returning it and buying a phone that is already unlocked.  Good luck!

You can ask the seller to unlock it for you.  If that is not possible, I would suggest returning it and buying a phone that is already unlocked.  Good luck!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: nokia 1020 cannot be unlock "Currently, this device cannot be unlock"

76 of 267 (12,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 9:42:22 PM
(0)
Voyager

Is there no other way than return the phone?  Since I have uesd it a couple months.  I dont think return it is possible.

Is there no other way than return the phone?  Since I have uesd it a couple months.  I dont think return it is possible.

77 of 267 (12,678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:14:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Those are the only possibilities that I can think of that can be discussed here.

Those are the only possibilities that I can think of that can be discussed here.

78 of 267 (12,669 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 1:54:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have purchased No Contract At&t Nokia Lumia 520 . Its locked by At&t . I want to unlock this device with AT&T but I need to have 60 days of service with AT&T as a got from website. So my question is can I use H2O wireless service SIM card which works on AT&T network for 2 monthsand thereafter I can get unlock code from AT&T ?

I have purchased No Contract At&t Nokia Lumia 520 . Its locked by At&t . I want to unlock this device with AT&T but I need to have 60 days of service with AT&T as a got from website. So my question is can I use H2O wireless service SIM card which works on AT&T network for 2 monthsand thereafter I can get unlock code from AT&T ?

Unlock Code for Nokia lumi 520 from AT&T service

79 of 267 (12,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 10:18:30 PM
(0)
Voyager

I requested a unlock code for my Nokia lumia 920 on December 20th and right now it is the 27th. I'm not sure if this is normal for it to take this long. For people with experience, when it took long to unlock your non iPhone, was it successful or waist denied.

I requested a unlock code for my Nokia lumia 920 on December 20th and right now it is the 27th. I'm not sure if this is normal for it to take this long. For people with experience, when it took long to unlock your non iPhone, was it successful or waist denied.

Unlock request for Nokia Lumia 920 taking too long.

80 of 267 (12,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2013 5:30:44 AM
(0)
Employee

Good Morning,

Usually an unlocking request can take up to 14 businsss days to complete. If you submited online it can take longer than usually calling into Customer Care, or using the Online Web Chat.

In most cases as long as your account is in good standing and you have had your device for at least 6 months, you can request an unlock code. This requirement is different for iPhones.

Good Morning,

Usually an unlocking request can take up to 14 businsss days to complete. If you submited online it can take longer than usually calling into Customer Care, or using the Online Web Chat.

In most cases as long as your account is in good standing and you have had your device for at least 6 months, you can request an unlock code. This requirement is different for iPhones.

Re: Unlock request for Nokia Lumia 920 taking too long.

81 of 267 (12,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 2:19:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by thjoku on Jan 2, 2014 at 2:20:16 PM

I have a similar question. I got a nokia lumia 520.. i want to know if i could black wireless for 6 months and then get it unlocked.. Or if i use a AT&T pay as you go for about $20 totally for six months and then unlock it.. is there any limit on the total refills? T-mobile policy for unlocking 521 clearly says "you have had more than $50 in total refills on the device".. Does AT&T has a similar limit?

I have a similar question. I got a nokia lumia 520.. i want to know if i could black wireless for 6 months and then get it unlocked.. Or if i use a AT&T pay as you go for about $20 totally for six months and then unlock it.. is there any limit on the total refills? T-mobile policy for unlocking 521 clearly says "you have had more than $50 in total refills on the device".. Does AT&T has a similar limit?

Re: Unlock Code for Nokia lumi 520 from AT&T service

[ Edited ]
82 of 267 (11,821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 12:41:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:39:34 AM

Hi,

I also have problem with unlocking my Nokia Lumia 820 Phone.

Bought from US Ebay in broken state and now after repairing the phone I got the message "insert unlock code".

So its locked to AT&T. I filled the form for unlock the phone but got decline message. Also tried it via the seller and he got also decline. Called and also e-mailed to a customer support and told them about my problem. They just say if I am not a AT&T customer or former customer theres nothing can be done. What ??? Its like being raisist Smiley Sad
Sorry but... {word filter evasion} I must do now? Use a unlocking service what is sold in Ebay about 100$ ?

I just cant send phone back also as I have repaired it to a working order.

How can it be unlocked?

If the unlock code would be about 20$ somewhere I would buy it but overall I am thinking if even customer support cant help me then who can ?

Right now I am thinking the AT&T firm policy is {word filter evasion} and this way they only lose clients.

Hi,

I also have problem with unlocking my Nokia Lumia 820 Phone.

Bought from US Ebay in broken state and now after repairing the phone I got the message "insert unlock code".

So its locked to AT&T. I filled the form for unlock the phone but got decline message. Also tried it via the seller and he got also decline. Called and also e-mailed to a customer support and told them about my problem. They just say if I am not a AT&T customer or former customer theres nothing can be done. What ??? Its like being raisist Smiley Sad
Sorry but... {word filter evasion} I must do now? Use a unlocking service what is sold in Ebay about 100$ ?

I just cant send phone back also as I have repaired it to a working order.

How can it be unlocked?

If the unlock code would be about 20$ somewhere I would buy it but overall I am thinking if even customer support cant help me then who can ?

Right now I am thinking the AT&T firm policy is {word filter evasion} and this way they only lose clients.

[ Edited ]
83 of 267 (11,767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 5:56:13 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by logo412 on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:58:53 AM

Hi nl820,

AT&T will unlock a device. However the device you bought must be not tied any contract commitment from the previous owner and they would have to submit for the unlock code for you.

Based off the launch date of a little over a year ago, most likely it was still under contract.

Otherwise you would have to be an existing customer with active service before you could submit for the code.

Hi nl820,

AT&T will unlock a device. However the device you bought must be not tied any contract commitment from the previous owner and they would have to submit for the unlock code for you.

Based off the launch date of a little over a year ago, most likely it was still under contract.

Otherwise you would have to be an existing customer with active service before you could submit for the code.

[ Edited ]
84 of 267 (11,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 7:56:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

logo412 wrote:

Hi nl820,

That's bogus, either a lie OR ATT as a company is so bad that even employees aren't sure what the deal is.  Even if you are an EXISITNG customer with active service, AT&T will NOT unlock your phone even if you have only 3 months left on your contract. 

logo412 wrote:

Hi nl820,

That's bogus, either a lie OR ATT as a company is so bad that even employees aren't sure what the deal is.  Even if you are an EXISITNG customer with active service, AT&T will NOT unlock your phone even if you have only 3 months left on your contract. 

85 of 267 (11,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:24:53 PM
(0)
Voyager
I have the same problem, I got it as a gift found. Christmas in from the Caribbean.
is there any help for me, eBay should make it known.
I have the same problem, I got it as a gift found. Christmas in from the Caribbean.
is there any help for me, eBay should make it known.

86 of 267 (11,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 8:58:05 PM
(0)
Voyager

Guys if you are having trouble getting at&t to unlock your device, file an FCC complaint. Refer to the agreement between the FCC and major wireless carriers including at&t on December 12, 2013  Here is the link http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/12/us-usa-wireless-unlocking-idUSBRE9BB05320131212

Guys if you are having trouble getting at&t to unlock your device, file an FCC complaint. Refer to the agreement between the FCC and major wireless carriers including at&t on December 12, 2013  Here is the link http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/12/us-usa-wireless-unlocking-idUSBRE9BB05320131212

87 of 267 (11,540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 12:11:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I got a nokia lumia go phone (pre-paid) phone

AT&T terms for unlock-
Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months

I know I can just insert my postpaid sim card to use in this phone

question is if I want it to be un-lock  ---> Can I put my Extra ATT Post-paid sim card to use it and wait for 6 months later, does it qualify AT&T terms and ask ATT to unlock for me to use overseas sim card?

THANKS

I got a nokia lumia go phone (pre-paid) phone

AT&T terms for unlock-
Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months

I know I can just insert my postpaid sim card to use in this phone

question is if I want it to be un-lock  ---> Can I put my Extra ATT Post-paid sim card to use it and wait for 6 months later, does it qualify AT&T terms and ask ATT to unlock for me to use overseas sim card?

THANKS

go phone un-lock

88 of 267 (11,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 11:42:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

hi All,

I recently purchased nokia lumia 520 att no contract gophone to gift my dad back in India, thinking that since its a no contract phone I can use it with other carriers too. To my utter shock and dismay, when I replaced sim on reaching India, it displayed screen to enter 20 digit pin to unlock the phone.

I raised a request with att to unlock my device, they rejected it saying gophone must be used for 6 months before it can be unlocked. I just don't understand how att can coerce its customers to use its own services on a no contract phone. I see that's an implicit 6 months contract, you cannot switch carriers on that device for that period.

What's exacerbating the situation is that, there is no way one can get this device unlocked, even if one is ready to pay some unlocking fees. Even postpaid on contract phone have option of paying the remainging price of device to get it unlocked before contract experies. I wonder why that option is not available in gophone.

When I search online, I see many customers falling prey for this 'no contract' mumbo jumbo, and bought unusable nokia lumia 520 bricks accross the world.  I hope att listens to them and provide a way to unlock the device. If you guys know a way to unlock the device, help me out.

Thanks!!

hi All,

I recently purchased nokia lumia 520 att no contract gophone to gift my dad back in India, thinking that since its a no contract phone I can use it with other carriers too. To my utter shock and dismay, when I replaced sim on reaching India, it displayed screen to enter 20 digit pin to unlock the phone.

I raised a request with att to unlock my device, they rejected it saying gophone must be used for 6 months before it can be unlocked. I just don't understand how att can coerce its customers to use its own services on a no contract phone. I see that's an implicit 6 months contract, you cannot switch carriers on that device for that period.

What's exacerbating the situation is that, there is no way one can get this device unlocked, even if one is ready to pay some unlocking fees. Even postpaid on contract phone have option of paying the remainging price of device to get it unlocked before contract experies. I wonder why that option is not available in gophone.

When I search online, I see many customers falling prey for this 'no contract' mumbo jumbo, and bought unusable nokia lumia 520 bricks accross the world.  I hope att listens to them and provide a way to unlock the device. If you guys know a way to unlock the device, help me out.

Thanks!!

unlock nokia lumia 520 gophone

89 of 267 (10,974 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 4:26:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hi I'm from Dominican republic I have a Nokia Lumia 520 and I can't unlock it please I need help
Hi I'm from Dominican republic I have a Nokia Lumia 520 and I can't unlock it please I need help

90 of 267 (10,939 Views)