Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Is there anyway to pay the full amount of the phone at once and get it unlocked? I mean the price of the phone as I knew was $99.99 (GoPhone). If the real price of the phone is paid to AT&T can I get it unlocked?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately international travellers are caught up in this "Enforcement" as well, who according to AT&T’s VP Joan Marsh used to be able to get an exception.

Instead, now we are being offered international voice and data plans at a cost that is not only not competitve, it is an insult.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

USA Info: Here is the lastest info on this question for US based customers and not just for the 520.

AT&T customer service will NOT provide unlock codes over the phone anymore. You have to use this webform. https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/ If you have a go-phone and you've owned it less than 6 months you can NOT obtain the unlock code. It doesn't matter if you've had an AT&T account for 3 years, it is how long you have had the handset. The AT&T stores also have been told not to give out unlock codes. They tell you to call Cust Service, who then tell you to use the form. Also there is not a paid service available that can unlock the 520, all currently show 'NOT Currently available' and others say, you have to obtain permission from the carrier before they can unlock, which is useless since if you have permission, you don't need a middle man unless you like throwing $ away. Bummer, I need to go to France and will just have to buy a crappy used unlocked phone off ebay.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

AND if it is GO-Phone you have to own the 520 for 6 months before you qualify for an unlock.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi guys,

I have an unlocked Lumia 920 but it stops working, so Nokia will send me a replacement one. The thing is Nokia cannot unlock that phone. I'm not an AT&T customer so is there anyway that I can unlock the replacement phone? 

Thanks for your time.

Scholar

• 

167 Messages

10 years ago

So, the policy never changed they just started enforcing it after 6/2013 I guess....

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, I'm super am stocked! I got my unlock code for the Lumia 920 without any issues. Just told the agent I was going to Europe tomorrow (not really a lie, though we only depart on the 30th).

I told the agent I have an off contract phone that's locked to AT&T and need an unlock to use it in France. I was asked for my AT&T number and gave the phone number associated with our iPad (we have a "pay as you go data plan with AT&T). I thought the agent would mention the type of plan, but apparently it wasn't an issue.

He did mention that the phone was never activated on AT&T, which isn't true. He confirmed the phone I wasn't tied to any contract or account and within 2 minutes I had the unlock code. 

i do have a sort of stupid question: is there such thing as an unlock code for international use only? A co-worker claims that I may not be able to activate it with TMobile or any MVNO -is that true? Is there an unlock code for domestic and another for international? I sure hope not. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Looks like you had some luck there.

A similar appoach didn't yield any results for me.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

I have talked to a few people at AT&T at all levels in the past couple of weeks.

The arrogance and total disregard for customer satisfaction is really hard to believe.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

I've been to Europe about 10 times over the past 3 years.

Are you telling me that when I upgrade to a new Nokia 1520 on contract, AT&T won't unlock the phone for use while I am abroad because it's still in its 2 year contract.  Wow.  Good to know that AT&T appreciates me as as customer for spending $500 / month with them.

Fine.  I will buy my own phone to relieve AT&T of the "burden" of it.  Just reduce my bill by $20/month to cover the costs since you won't have to "susidize" me anymore.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.