Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:07 PM

Closed

[Closed] Nokia Lumia unlocking questions and discussion (All models)

Please use this thread for any questions or discussions related to Nokia Lumia devices unlock requests (all models).

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello everyone, the device unlock policies have changed, and we started a new thread with updated info. Please use click HERE to see the new device unlock policy and please feel free to ask any related questions in there.

This topic is now closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, hjnh00!

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, in order to unlock your device, you will need to follow the steps outlined in the link below.

Device Unlock Request

Our customers' security is extremely important to us. As such, we keep their personal and account information completely private, and we ask that you refrain from asking other users to give out this kind of sensitive information.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

Please visit here for information on unlocking your AT&T phone or tablet. 

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

This isn't AT&T support, it's a user - to - user forum 🙂

You have the same options and requirements to unlock a windows phone as you do with any other AT&T phone. They are outlined here:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

If you don't meet those requirements, then you will not be able to get the device unlocked. If you do, check the box at the bottom of the page, click Agree, and supply the requested documentation.

I've unlocked a Lumia 920 this way, it's quite simple to do - if you meet the requirements.

Best of luck.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello i have phone it from friends i am overseas (Tonga) i need to use this phone Nokia Lumia 520 IMEI: {Personal content removed for your safety} lotck to AT&T please let me know it free unlock code or need to purchase and how much, please reply me on {Personal content removed for your safety}

thank

Chris

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

how to unlock this phone to user other sim without roaming? need pruchase code or free unlock code.

payment via paypl or visa card.

thanks please i need help

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

If it's an AT&T go phone vs the unlocked one that cost $50 more at amazon, your only hope is to request an unlock code here:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820#fbid=Mxa-ZIJb0Xj

Or call the international support number and ask for an unlock code.

+1.916.843.4685

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

when fill forms by enter the IMEI it show that phone cannot be unlocked..tell me why?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820#fbid=Mxa-ZIJb0Xj

Specifically for a GoPhone like this 520: "In addition to the general eligibility requirements, your device must have been active for at least six months."

SInce they just started selling them July 26th, there is no way this one was active on any account for 6 months. So, that's why.

Scholar

• 

167 Messages

10 years ago

They also won't unlock any phone if you have a contract outstanding on any phone even if you are not using it.  Because I signed a 2 year agreement in January, they won't give me the unlock code for a BB 9900 I bought on line. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.