Troubleshoot your device issues
wickedmad3's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Monday, October 11th, 2010 4:20 AM

Captivate won't connect to my Home wifi

Connects at work, McieDs, school, but not my own house? Are you kidding me....this is my first smartphone and so far with the exception of this wifi issue its been great, so i would like for it to change. Whenever i try to connect it shows that it is "obtaining ip address" but 1-3mins later just comes up saying "unsuccessful" at first it striked me as wierd...now its pi$$ing me off. My wifi at home is a WEP security enabled(saved the correct password) set up if that matters.

Off topic:

Does Wifi count towards monthly data usage?

Why is it when i use the *3282# number to view data usage it replies with a text stating "Messaging: xxxx of Unlimited" ? Didn't ask for messages......

How would i connect to the net without going through wifi?

I know these questions might come off as annoying to some of you seasoned posters and phone fans but 1 iv'e never had a data plan and my last phone was the first blackjack. Plus i'm a "just knows how to set up a computer and download things" kinda guy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Hey... flashgordonr --- I have had the same problem - oddly enought this solution works!

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

This and other fixes work sporadically.  But that's not the issue though.  You shouldn't have to recycle your router or to restart your phone everytime you want to reconnect to your home Wifi.   This phone has a serious connectivity issue with the Actiontec FIOS routers and it's troubling that a permanent fix hasn't been developed in two years.

Let's hope that the S2 communications chip set has solved these problems, as my Captivate has newtork connectivity problems not just with WiFi but with the regular wireless network.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

i am in mexico and wifi from my house was okay then wifi went out for a day now back on but my captivate will not connect wbefore the signal it shows 2 arrows going around and they are stuck cant connect i can connect outside  where ever there is wifi....everyone else connects in the ouse with iphones etc.......how do i reset the phone and will i loose everything i do have a back up sim card please help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.