For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
lunarmouse's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 14th, 2013 6:19 AM

Cannot pre-order Nokia 1520 through Microsoft Store

Hi I am an AT&T user and I want to upgrade my current device to the Nokia 1520 through Microsoft store. Myself don't have an on-contract phone now but I do have multiple lines in a family plan. Whenever I want to purchase the $199 with 2 year contract Nokia 1520 I always get the same error message saying that "We can't continue with your order because we couldn't find your current AT&T plan in our system. 

Is there anyone who has experienced the same problem? I tried to call Microsoft numerous times but no one has given a clear answer what caused the problem. I really like this phone (and Microsoft store has promotion of giving out $50 WP8 card, plus a free case). Any one can help? Thanks!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, lunarmouse!

Thanks for posting. When you say you don't have a contract phone, do you mean you have a pre-paid GoPhone or is your post-paid phone out of its two year contract?

If it's a GoPhone, then it makes sense that the system wouldn't find it as an upgrade-able phone. If it's a post-paid phone with an expired contract, then it really should be eligible for an upgrade, and I don't know why it's not finding it in the system.

Is the account in your name? If not, are you inputting the account holder's information correctly?

I think once we know your answers to the above questions, we'll be better able to help. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The problem is the company Microsoft uses to verify our AT&T wireless account. I talked to Microsoft Store and they can't enter an order either, because all orders need to be verified by this company (Maybe it's the same company that is handling the Obamacare signups). They said to check back in a few days. No wonder Microsoft doesn't have many Windows Phone users.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I've been an AT&T customer for 15 years (land line, cell phone, internet). I've used Nokia phones for almost 30 years. My 2-year cell phone contract, which is under my name, is expiring in a week so I went to the Microsoft Store to get the Lumia 1520 (I currently have the Lumia 900). I should add that I've always had the same cell phone number. After I entred the required information I received the same error message saying that "We can't continue with your order because we couldn't find your current AT&T plan in our system." I think that this is ridiculous and I beleive that I deserve a much better explanation. Microsoft should coordinate better with At&T if they want to keep their customers happy and/or gain new ones.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Mariana, could you please read my post below? I think I've answered the questions you're asking to another forum member, and I beleive then that as you state, you might be in a position to help me get the Lumia 1520.

Thank you.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Galileo2011,

Microsoft as well as any of our partner stores (Apple, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart) use a very light version of our account system that allows them limited access into your account to do basic changes. This helps to prevent fraud and keep your account safe. Are you on a grandfathered rate plan? 

You can get any of the Lumia 1520's directly from AT&T and any AT&T Company store. The larger size 1520 you would have to most likely order. You can find you closest AT&T Company store by clicking Here

Hope this helps! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.