For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jpaiva's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 3:42 AM

Can't unlock my 2 Nokia Lumia 920 !!! ATT FIX IT !!!

So, my 2 year contract has passed and now I am supposed to finally be able to unlock my phone right? Guess what ... wrong.

When I try to unlock the phone, in a few minutes I get this error message back in my e-mail box:
"We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period"

I did some research and found out that this has happened to a lot of other folks, which is not a good indicator... Supposedly, this error happens if we try to unlock the phone more than 5 times during a year...

What? Are you serious ATT? Are we joking? In the past month or so, I might have tried to unlock the phone once or twice (I can't precise!!!). I wasn't sure whether my contract was terminated so I tried to unlock the phone but I could swear I didn't made more than 5 attempts!!! But how can I or ATT prove it???

But my main point is, even if I made 5 failed attempts to unlock my phones, why the heck ATT should have this ridiculous policy against loyal customers? Having paid an ultra-expensive monthly bill for 24 months (and it is still going on) feels like I am being ripped off!

This is inadmissible. For the record, I am changing to another carrier, if I don't manage to unlock my phone shortly. I am leaving country in 2 weeks and I need my phones unlocked!!

ATT FIX IT!!

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

You will have to have this issue to be escalated, and have someone take a look at your account. The 5 unlock max for a period of within 12 months is the way how the policy is set up, no one can change that. Sometime it could be the someone has use your account to make a unlock request without you actually knowing. If your account does not have a passcode, then is highly likely that someone had use your account to request for unlock .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi bizhui, what's the best channel (Forum, Live Chat, Phone ?) to request support to resolve this issue? Where should I look? I don't have a passcode in my account in fact.

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

I would recommend calling over the phone and talk to a customer service rep. Let them know that if there was request of unlocking device, it is someone else who did it without your consent, and let them know that you just learn that your account is possible compromise due to lack of a passcode, and that you are willing to add a passcode from now on to prevent the same thing from happening again in the future. This way, it shows that you are willing to cooperate to work with them, so the same thing won't happen again in the future. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.