Helpful Links

Can i upgrade my gophone at walmart at any time?

Contributor

Can i upgrade my gophone at walmart at any time?

i have i nokia windows phone and i want to upgrade to an iphone is there any way i can do that on walmart or online at att.com?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Can i upgrade my gophone at walmart at any time?

cowboyboots_03 wrote:

i have i nokia windows phone and i want to upgrade to an iphone is there any way i can do that on walmart or online at att.com?

With GoPhone plans, you may purchase a new phone at any time. Keep in mind, since you are not in a contract, you will pay full retail price for the phone. 

If your new phone requires a different size SIM card, I'd recommend going to an AT&T-owned retail store, either to make the purchase or to swap the SIM. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Can i upgrade my gophone at walmart at any time?

Hi cowboyboots_03!

You can upgrade your device at any time. There is two different routes you can go - Stay on GoPhone and pay full retail price, or migrate to a post paid plan. 

As you said you were interested in buying an iPhone, if you are going to stay on the GoPhone plans, most retailers (such as Wal-Mart) usually charge more for their devices full retail than an AT&T Store or Apple directly. I would highly recommend that if you are going to buy a device full retail you visit a local AT&T store, this way they can adjust your plan and make sure that your device fully works before you leave the store. 

You can also migrate your service to a post paid plan to take advange of our great Mobile Share Value plans and AT&T Next which can keep the overall cost of an expensive upfront charge down. To Migrate you will need to visit an AT&T Company store in order to migrate (and a credit check may be required). 

You can find your closest AT&T Store by clicking Here

Hope this helps!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support