For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
cowboyboots_03's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 13th, 2014 6:58 PM

Can i upgrade my gophone at walmart at any time?

i have i nokia windows phone and i want to upgrade to an iphone is there any way i can do that on walmart or online at att.com?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@cowboyboots_03 wrote:

i have i nokia windows phone and i want to upgrade to an iphone is there any way i can do that on walmart or online at att.com?

With GoPhone plans, you may purchase a new phone at any time. Keep in mind, since you are not in a contract, you will pay full retail price for the phone. 

If your new phone requires a different size SIM card, I'd recommend going to an AT&T-owned retail store, either to make the purchase or to swap the SIM. 

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi cowboyboots_03!

You can upgrade your device at any time. There is two different routes you can go - Stay on GoPhone and pay full retail price, or migrate to a post paid plan. 

As you said you were interested in buying an iPhone, if you are going to stay on the GoPhone plans, most retailers (such as Wal-Mart) usually charge more for their devices full retail than an AT&T Store or Apple directly. I would highly recommend that if you are going to buy a device full retail you visit a local AT&T store, this way they can adjust your plan and make sure that your device fully works before you leave the store. 

You can also migrate your service to a post paid plan to take advange of our great Mobile Share Value plans and AT&T Next which can keep the overall cost of an expensive upfront charge down. To Migrate you will need to visit an AT&T Company store in order to migrate (and a credit check may be required). 

You can find your closest AT&T Store by clicking Here

Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.